PDA

View Full Version : Blaupunkt velocity wiring ?

inplansight
04-29-2008, 06:14 PM
I did not see an area for this quiestion so I thought I would post it here. I am trying to install an balupunkt velocity Vc540 and am not sure how to wire up the tweeter speakers there are two crossovers ? I think that came in the kit but no paper work.

I was looking at it and under the cover there are six screws for wires and two switchs. The screws from left to right read as
+ in - (space) + WF - (space) +TW -

The set of the left is the input but the other two I am not sure about?

The two swithces read tw/3khz (left) freq/6khz (right) The other reads TW/ -3db (left) gain/0db right.

Now the kit had three groups of wires one yellow the second green and the third red and black toghter (same pull)

I am not sure what to wire where and switch which way?

Thanks paul B

http://www.blaupunkt.com/us/7606200260_main.asp

inplansight
04-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Update :

Ok someone said the WF might be to the main speaker and the TW gose to the tweeter?
Paul B

Aries_Turbo
04-29-2008, 06:28 PM
you got it....

the wiring from the amp/headunit goes to "IN".

connect the woofer to the WF terminals and the tweeter to the TW terminals.

Brian

iangoround
04-29-2008, 06:30 PM
the + - in is your signal input. the WF is for the woofer, or full range driver. the TW is for your tweeter or high range driver.

the switches are your crossover settings. To start I would set them at 3Khz and -3db. The khz switch probably designates where the crossover slop starts, and I would imagine its a 12db/octave butterworth as it is fairly common. The db (gain) is to attempt to balance the lows and highs in your system. 0db means there is no signal reduction, and -3db means that 3db is lopped off.

Without more detailed specs on the speakers and the crossover you're using, I can't really be of much more help.

inplansight
04-29-2008, 06:35 PM
WOW that was quick thanks guys:hail: now it sounds like I have to get to work.
paul B

moparman76_69
04-29-2008, 09:07 PM
the + - in is your signal input. the WF is for the woofer, or full range driver. the TW is for your tweeter or high range driver.

the switches are your crossover settings. To start I would set them at 3Khz and -3db. The khz switch probably designates where the crossover slop starts, and I would imagine its a 12db/octave butterworth as it is fairly common. The db (gain) is to attempt to balance the lows and highs in your system. 0db means there is no signal reduction, and -3db means that 3db is lopped off.

Without more detailed specs on the speakers and the crossover you're using, I can't really be of much more help.

http://www.midwestelectronics.com/blaupunkt-vc540-p-89.html