PDA

View Full Version : Narrow band output from Wide band more accurate?

badandy
04-26-2008, 12:02 PM
I just finished up deleting my factory O2 and am now using my wide band's narrow band output to feed the SMEC. So far it is my experience that the car exhibits improved idle, throttle response, and I seem to have less turbo lag now. I am using an older Zeitronix ZT-2 on the 14.7 setting (doesn't have the switchable a/f setting).

My stock O2 was a brand new Denso unit and functioned properly. Even my O2 gauge reads differently now and was correctly installed. I can't help but think that the narrow band function of a wide band must be more accurate?

Has anyone experienced this? Thoughts? I know I am very pleased with the much cleaner engine bay and improved results!

GLHNSLHT2
04-26-2008, 01:03 PM
I think it is, but don't how to explain why. Course I like being able to tweak my NB output to help with MPG so I can't say how well it works at stock NB output range.

badandy
04-26-2008, 02:01 PM
I think it is, but don't how to explain why. Course I like being able to tweak my NB output to help with MPG so I can't say how well it works at stock NB output range.
What output do you run at? This wide band is on lend from a good friend. I am going to buy a new unit in the next few weeks and it would be nice to know what others are doing.

cordes
04-26-2008, 09:25 PM
I really don't think that the NB output is more accurate, but I know that the wiring etc. that I have recently installed is probably providing a better quality of signal than what was in the car before hand.

GLHNSLHT2
04-26-2008, 09:50 PM
I have mine up at 16.0:1. Now I can custom tune the ECU so I ignore the O2 output when any boost comes on just to be on the safe side. The stock NB O2 (bosch) ran the car around 15.2:1 when I had both the NB and the WB O2's in the exhaust and the ECU hooked up to the NB still.

Aries_Turbo
04-26-2008, 10:13 PM
^^^ what parameter in the ECU knocks out the O2 feedback based on boost?

Brian