PDA

View Full Version : Cluster swap + buttons

inplansight
04-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Ok I went to the yard this morning and found two J body one vert one hard top both have the digtal cluster but they had buttons mounted on the left top of them I was wondering if these would hurt/make it harder to install into an 88 G with the mech cluster?

Also one had an info center in it dose anyone know if this would be an plug and play item in a car that did not have one to start with ?

Thanks Paul B

MopàrBCN
04-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Hi, no problem there, because where those digiclusters have the buttons, your cluster has the checkengine and other lights. They are integral parts of the cluster. So they fit without issues. The only issue you will get is that the conectors are different but taken, that those digiclusters are 87-89 clusters you will find that you can rewire them quite easyly. Just make sure you get the digi conectors as well when getting the cluster.

The Info Center I am not sure of. I have that one lying around but have never tried to put it into my daytona.

Speedeuphoria
05-01-2008, 03:48 AM
I cut the buttons off the side of the cluster to mount in my Spirit. I then lengthened the wires going to the buttons to mount them elsewhere. Works for me.