PDA

View Full Version : Pinks/Possible car construction? To whip those V8 POS's

guyd_15
03-04-2006, 10:49 AM
I love to watch to watch Pinks. On of my least favorite episode was the OLDS CUTLASS, That made an absolute disgrace of the potential of FWD cars. I was wondering as a group if we could put together a low budget car that would be able to complete with with the v8 muscle cars they continually air. I know we all have go fast parts laying around. Just a couple of questions would you have many of the go fast goodies laying around whould you would be willing to donated? We would need a body in good structural conditon, so we would need a facility for the construction of the car. Some of the others item we may have to consider are the parts we may not be get readily and may have to rely one outsite vendors , for example:
Mike Demoss at Forward Motion
Calibration- Our friends at Dcal or Chris at Turbos unleashed
Trans construction- Cliff Ramsdell
and our newest vendor-Racing solution the tubing vendor
I think many of these vendors might be happy to post their logos all over the car
one final item we will need a Chanpionship driver familar with our cars? Cliff Sebring , Art leong or Terry Ryan (Gasket Master) any other suggestion
Im located in Wimington, Delaware and have a well equipt heavy equipment shop. (machine shop, overhead lift, welding equipment (stick, tig, mig, plasmacutter, shear, brake, numerous presses, drill presses, surface grinder and a heavy, over head crane service.
Thanks,
Guy Douglas
c 302-250-3804

supercrackerbox
03-04-2006, 10:52 AM
I have yet to actually catch an episode, but judging from the previews, could we even compete on a 'low budget' build? How fast would we have to go?

GLHS592
03-04-2006, 11:18 AM
That show is a joke. I watch it solely for the comedic value. The car lengths thing they do is ridiculous. The guy with the "advantage" is really at a disadvantage when it comes to hooking up because he's not at the starting line where all the rubber and VHT is on the track. Why not give the guy a few seconds head start? I also have a hard time believing somebody would get on that show with a chance of losing his car.

I don't think a turbo Mopar could compete with alot of the cars on there except for maybe Stephane's Charger. Those guys have real race cars.

guyd_15
03-04-2006, 11:19 AM
It's not required to run heads up. However we have cars the run consistant low 11's, after watching that that beautiful nova on wednesday it appeared to be runnin in in 12.3 range now that camaro was a different store. Don't for get both had 2 stage N2O SYSTEM! i we add that type of power adder what time could we expect? I think the were running 250 shots
guy

Marcus86GLHS
03-04-2006, 11:42 AM
"..That show is a joke. I watch it solely for the comedic value. ..."

yes. this show is to drag racing what Seinfeld is to hanging out in NYC.

let's watch and not participate.....

BadAssPerformance
03-04-2006, 12:05 PM
I'll talk to the Chicago clan and see if we want to put the NewYorker up to the test...

http://cgwrr.com/Mopar/Motivator.jpg

altered7151
03-04-2006, 12:33 PM
I'll talk to the Chicago clan and see if we want to put the NewYorker up to the test...

That was the first thought that came into my mind! Its basically street racing on a track it all it is. Most of those guys they have on there are total douchebags. Its amusing to watch though. GLHS592 is totally right, the guy they put out front is getting screwed because he's off the launch pad area. The thing I never got about the show is they do it on a drag strip, yet they make now use of the light system. I realize they dont want to show the E.T.'s and trap speed since that would show if the guy is lifting at the top end or not, but why not handicap the start and use the top end lights to see who gets there first? That would end all the arguments of who actually won. I guess that would take away from the drama of the show.

guyd_15
03-04-2006, 12:42 PM
i just thought maybe we could put togther some type of Cub car.
guy

8valves
03-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Realistically you can do a lot of damage with a slow car on that show. You just need to be really, really good at calculating lengths/et's off of judgment.

I think it would be entertaining, but for a TD to run consistent low 11's as you stated, it's a bit more than a low budget build, and I know I wouldn't want to lose my car on a technicality. When nitrous comes into play you automatically have the advantage. It's a head game of if he's on the button or not, you'll never really know. Same goes true for those that have been out in the big street scenes.

Neat concept, I just doubt the realistic opportunity. Now, Chicagoland's car is one that's already completed and running, that might be a different story. And it's been cheap enough that besides sentimental value, I don't think anyone would be too pissed by losing it. Maybe the vendor's would throw in on doing more to that car already?

Aaron Miller

BadAssPerformance
03-04-2006, 12:56 PM
And it's been cheap enough that besides sentimental value, I don't think anyone would be too pissed by losing it.

No one would want to win it, besides the fact it is slowly disentegrating more as I type.

tons of sentimental value tho... a few members have offered to buy it if the club ever sells it.

Clay
03-07-2006, 11:59 AM
ok, I missed the last episode, so what happened?

clay