PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Going And What Are You Registering For?

glht_omni
04-22-2008, 11:06 PM
i figured i would post a poll to see how many cant make it, are going with basic registration, basic + drag, basic plus road course, and basic + drag + road course.

supercrackerbox
04-23-2008, 02:05 AM
I really wanted to do the road course, but that's not gonna happen unless I come across some unexpected funding.

sdac guy
04-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Here's my guess for the overall based on past events and current gas prices, and this is a conservative estimate.

Total registered attendance 125-140 (low-average)
Drag racers 35-40 (the event is capped at 50)
Road course drivers 20 or less.

I have posted on Team Shelby that those (Ford) folks are welcome to join us, and they may be a wildcard that cannot be predicted for turnout results. TS participants are capped at 20 for the car show, and 10 each for the drags & road course. But I really have no idea if any will show up, or if we will be turning some away.

Barry

glht_omni
04-23-2008, 11:55 AM
i figure the numbers will be better in detroit than topeka, it makes it conveinent for the ontario crowd on both sides of MI. there are alot of MI/OH guys and its not too far of a drive for the east coasters and midwesters either.

cant wait to actually get to drag against some worthy competition instead of all the japanese crap that infest the streets.

Pat
04-23-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm going, I'm bringing something and it will get beaten repeatedly on the drag strip. :-)

neonkitten63
04-23-2008, 12:27 PM
My option isnt on there! I am going but not with a car....I come out w/ Mike Marra each year! Oh man, I simply cant wait! :)

slasky
04-23-2008, 12:45 PM
I will be going and drag racing as long as my SC holds together. If I have to bring my srt4 I may do the road race instead.

mcsvt
04-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Currently undecided, I'll have to wait to answer the poll... Once I figure out my transportation then I can decide :)

bradp
04-23-2008, 08:34 PM
I can't wait to see the faces when I run the wagon on the road course.

denviola
04-23-2008, 09:32 PM
I intend to make it and run the road course, since I missed out on that activity at Topeka (except for an outstanding pasenger ride in Craig's GLHS that still has me smiling.)
Diesel fuel hit $4.50/gal here today, or more, and that has me unhappier than before. Just figured out that if I do 15 mpg towing it will cost less than $150 in fuel each way at $5/gal. Since I normally get 17-18 while towing, its still a go for the meet.

Can't wait to see Brad's wagon on the road course, sweet!

Denny

Rick
04-24-2008, 07:24 AM
I'll be attending with my son. I plan on being there for the car show then he & I are going to hit some other venues while we are in motor city.

ShelGame
04-24-2008, 07:31 AM
I didn't realize this was in my backyard this year! I'll definitely take the day off for drag racing @ Milan. It's my home track!

Is there definitely going to be a cap on the # of cars drag racing? It looks like I can't pre-register for just drag racing, though, on the SDAC site?

I may have to join SDAC now...

speeddemon
04-24-2008, 08:22 AM
There is a cap on the number of cars that will be allowed to race at Milan. This is based on Milan's pricing structure, not because SDAC wants to limit the number of cars.

sdac guy
04-24-2008, 08:25 AM
Is there definitely going to be a cap on the # of cars drag racing? It looks like I can't pre-register for just drag racing, though, on the SDAC site?

Right. One day regs must be done on-site. Don't worry about the cap though, I don't think we have any chance to get 50 people for it. Same fee got us 39 racers last year. And the economy (gas prices) isn't nearly as good as last year.

If we do get close to 50, I will post up in this forum, and we will make some kind of deal to make sure you have a spot reserved then.

Barry

glht_omni
04-24-2008, 05:29 PM
i believe that it very well coud go past 50 because of the location. i know at least 6 guys that havent gone to sdac before including myself but will be this year because it is so close to us. not to mention i run my mouth to everybody i meet with a turbo dodge and write down the sdac address for them and geek them up to go.
just my 2 cents.

sdac guy
04-24-2008, 07:01 PM
i believe that it very well coud go past 50 because of the location. i know at least 6 guys that havent gone to sdac before including myself but will be this year because it is so close to us. not to mention i run my mouth to everybody i meet with a turbo dodge and write down the sdac address for them and geek them up to go.
just my 2 cents.I appreciate the good mention! :thumb:

The cap of 50 cars we put on is only for the estimate of the cost on the contract we signed. The final cost of the track rental will be based on the actual number of cars (if above 40) and the number of spectators (if above 60).

We can go above 50 and actually it costs us no more (in loss) as every car above 40 cars costs us $90 per car. So the 49th car costs us $90 and the 51st car costs us $90. Since the on-site drag fee will be $90 (for non-members) we break even on all the cars above 40 (probably). It is just the first 40 we lose our butts on (about $25 per car).

Where we really lose is if we only get 35 cars to race since the basic track rental is for 40 cars minimum.

Barry

1FastCSX289
04-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Im am going for all 5 days......definately! I would love to race, but i've got to think about the 90 bucks.......I understand why the fee is so high, but MAN, thats some dough to race for the day. Would love to do it, but if not, I will organize the midnight drag races down the local blvd. We'll get Frank to be our flag girl.

slasky
04-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Im am going for all 5 days......definately! I would love to race, but i've got to think about the 90 bucks.......I understand why the fee is so high, but MAN, thats some dough to race for the day. Would love to do it, but if not, I will organize the midnight drag races down the local blvd. We'll get Frank to be our flag girl.

Quit being a gazer and spend the $$$. Our big paychecks will be in the day after we get back.

contraption22
04-24-2008, 11:56 PM
Think about this.... how much will you be paying just for a place to sleep?

Makes a few hours of racing seem like a steal doesn't it?

I'm not saying that the rooms are overpriced. Seems like a great deal to me actually.

DC Turismo
04-25-2008, 12:55 AM
IMHO, $90 is very fesible to drag race for the simple fact that you will only be racing against fellow TM's specifically in front of other enthusiasts who are there 100% to watch you and your car, along with the others who are racing, put on a show. It's once a year, and is the Super Bowl of our hobby. You figure you spend half of that price at Test 'n Tunes and get stuck racing ricers and other vehicles that you have no interest in, plus a large portion of the crowds at those events aren't there to see TM's specifically. Yet, at the same time, you don't even get nearly the amount of passes that you will at SDAC. What'd Dave Lucidi get last year, 17 passes I think? Or was that ALan?

Make the drag day an exciting one (to those of you having cars that are raceable)! :hail:

neonkitten63
04-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Plus another reason to race is that its supporting the club you love! :)

1FastCSX289
04-25-2008, 08:03 AM
Alright.....you talked me into it.:clap: You dont have to twist my arm too hard......I will tell my wife im spending the money I save on fuel this year (trailer vehicle running veggie now:eyebrows:) on the drag strip. Plus its my birthday, so how can she frown on it?

briceturbosports
04-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Alright.....I will tell my wife im spending the money I save on fuel this year (trailer vehicle running veggie now:eyebrows:) on the drag strip. Plus its my birthday, so how can she frown on it?

if she does next time she goes to get her hair done ask her how much shes paying for that :nod: :D

contraption22
04-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Alright.....you talked me into it.:clap: You dont have to twist my arm too hard......I will tell my wife im spending the money I save on fuel this year (trailer vehicle running veggie now:eyebrows:) on the drag strip. Plus its my birthday, so how can she frown on it?

Atta boy! Happy Birthday!

DC Turismo
04-25-2008, 05:39 PM
if she does next time she goes to get her hair done ask her how much shes paying for that :nod: :D

I think he wants to be able to see out of both eyes drag racing there Greg! Not having to look out of one while the other one's all bruised up and swollen :lol:

neonkitten63
04-25-2008, 05:44 PM

Not ALL girls spend a fortune on their hair. I spend only $30 to get my hair cut! :) :amen:

glht_omni
04-25-2008, 06:23 PM
we spend $12 at the barber, $30 is ALOT to us for a "haircut". i understand you girls have more hair to cut, but we just see $30, lol.

Speedeuphoria
04-25-2008, 08:06 PM
I've been cutting my own for 2+yrs, best $15 i've ever spent

sy2206
05-05-2008, 08:09 PM
I guess I'll just be hanging out for the whole weekend, and participating in the car show. My plan was to rent one of the new Shelby GT-H mustangs and drag race that:D, but the Hertz in Detroit doesn't have any.:( There's only a handful of Hertz locations that have them, and they're all in the warm climates, like Hawaii, Florida, California, etc.

Mark

ATaylorRacing
05-06-2008, 05:10 PM
I am going eith with old Matchbox or......Pit Bull....my 05 SRT4!!!
I am going because I am a stay at home Dad and retired...I need a break from the little crumb cruncher.

briceturbosports
05-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Not ALL girls spend a fortune on their hair. I spend only $30 to get my hair cut! :) :amen:

being hot does not come as easy for all women. it easy for you dear :thumb:

neonkitten63
05-11-2008, 03:13 PM
being hot does not come as easy for all women. it easy for you dear :thumb:

HAHA, thanks Hoagie....see you next month...woo hoo! :)

Sgt Craig
05-13-2008, 02:55 PM
I may go if Ruthie or Mike find me something to race.

contraption22
05-13-2008, 04:14 PM

Drag one of those Rampages out of the barn and race it.

neonkitten63
05-13-2008, 06:05 PM

Race the Mini! :thumb:

Russ Jerome
05-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Anybody heard from Warren Stramer, if he's coming?
My old e-mail address book is deleted and havent
seen/heard from him in a year.

2.216VTurbo
05-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Ha, I have 37 timeslips for the 300C:D SOme a little better than others:o Frickin Bucar...

335glhs87
05-29-2008, 10:24 AM
takin 87 glhs & 87 csx to show. Got about 10 people gonna come to admire real mopars. Can't wait comin from Toledo, with Paul Darah and a few others. this is gonna be great.