PDA

View Full Version : Intake Manifolds...

8valves
04-19-2008, 09:46 PM
Can I get a show of hands for those that would be interested in modified one piece intakes for shorter runner length and a larger plenum size with a smooth elbow into the plenum?

I'm curious. I could put some together nicely and rather quickly to help with some bills and car habits that need some attention. I haven't driven a TD since august of 2006 when I last dyno'd the '87, and would like to get somethign back up and running.

If you would be interested for a modest cost, please yell it out!

cordes
04-19-2008, 10:19 PM
I am not sure what a modest cost entails, but I would love to find out. :thumb:

GLHS592
04-19-2008, 10:28 PM
I too would like to know what "modest cost" means.

1984rampage
04-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Hell, ya. I would even test one for you! I live close. lol. I have been planning on getting a custom intake made this summer for my charger so I would love to have one.

8valves
04-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Cost will obviously be based upon demand and materials. I don't see why it wouldn't be able to come out to less than what the two piece plenums were, so long as I can get enough people interested.

Anyone else out there want something that will really wake their car up?

1984rampage
04-20-2008, 10:50 AM
A couple questions:
Would these look close to stock or totally different?
Would a 2 piece big plenum intake way outperform a 1 pice big plenum intake?

Im pretty much down for one, so let us know!

8valves
04-20-2008, 12:12 PM
I don't think a two piece would outpeform a one piece to any certain degree if modified the way I do (in reference to the one piece). They both end up with shorter than stock runner length and a similar plenum size. I also port the top half of the inside of the one pieces with a knife edged divided for the port entries.

They don't look stock. I could make one that would look similar to stock if needed, but it would require a bit more work and likely would require some performance sacrifices to do so. In my opinion at least.

It would end up similar in style to this with some changes such as a bend for teh TB for easy fitment of existing charge pipes and a few plenum positioning chages for clearance in an L body as well as all others. There won't be any velocity stacks either.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/DSCF0035.JPG

Let me know!

1984rampage
04-20-2008, 12:31 PM
I dont care if it looks stock. But it does need to fit an l-body. The pic didnt work. Would this intake use the stock TB, fuel rail, etc?

CSXT802
04-20-2008, 04:06 PM
You have my attention. I have a one piece sitting in my shed with your name on it.:thumb:

8valves
04-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Well, this isn't a bad start. I'm in the process of deciding whether or not to purchase the extruded tube as I did before or to make my own plenum. It would end up being a box shape though, and I'm not big on that.

Just keep showing more interest and this will happen very fast.

Thanks everyone!

If perhaps you are a local to me down here, contact me in PM as I could do something quickly for you to get the ball rolling and have a showcase piece from recent time. Not something I did a year back!

CSXT802
04-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Well, this isn't a bad start. I'm in the process of deciding whether or not to purchase the extruded tube as I did before or to make my own plenum. It would end up being a box shape though, and I'm not big on that.

Just keep showing more interest and this will happen very fast.

Thanks everyone!

If perhaps you are a local to me down here, contact me in PM as I could do something quickly for you to get the ball rolling and have a showcase piece from recent time. Not something I did a year back!

I'll send you A PM.

Juggy
04-20-2008, 09:10 PM
count me in

CSXT802
04-20-2008, 11:57 PM
PM sent.!!:nod:

quantum
04-21-2008, 09:15 AM
If the cost isn't too high I would be interested.

Clay
04-21-2008, 10:55 AM
If you decided to do 2 piece upper halves again, I would be interested in that.

badandy
04-21-2008, 02:40 PM
If you decided to do 2 piece upper halves again, I would be interested in that.

Ditto...and stuff

89ShelbyGuy
04-21-2008, 04:26 PM
PM Sent! :thumb:

CSXT802
04-21-2008, 04:37 PM
I see a line forming. See what you have started Aaron.:D

overlordsshadow
04-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Wish this had come up sooner. Making my own now as my build date is in less than 2 weeks.

8valves
04-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Wow. Well I suppose I underestimated the enthusiasm for all of this!

My family is visiting me down here from MI right now. It's our last night together so I'll be out with them enjoying the night. Hopefully even more people see this and raise a hand.

For those that have PM'd me, I'll try to get back to you tonight or tommorow. For those interested, if this is done on an as-ordered process it's likely I will require a deposit on the piece to help cover matieral cost. Espescially if I'll be doing a few at a time, which it looks like!

I'll keep mulling it over and seeing what is needed or not, and you guys just keep the enthusiasm up and the line growing and we'll get something going right away.

Thanks everyone, hope this goes where I think it will! There will be a whole bunch of 8 valve guys with a renewwed enthusiasm in their cars potential!

GLHS592
04-21-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm interested in a 2 piece upper myself.

Murphy
04-21-2008, 06:50 PM
i'd be interested!

Frank
04-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Inappropriate posts removed. This is a vendor section and Aaron is a vendor. He pays a fee to do this. If you have products to sell, then become a vendor.

1984rampage
04-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Any idea on a price?

CSXT802
04-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Waiting on a reply to my PM. :bump2:

89ShelbyGuy
04-23-2008, 10:24 AM
I think he is overwelmed! :) I am too waiting for a pm...but like he said, family was in...give it acouple of days...

Tom

1984rampage
04-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Are the runners gonna be ported?

8valves
04-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Thanks everyone for the interest. Here is the deal.

2 Piece: I would love to do more of these. They are less hassle to build, but cost more in material to produce due to the machined base plate. I have yet to have to the time to locate a machinist willing to produce these for me. As soon as that is taken care of I can crank those out for you guys. They will likely have an elbow on them next time to ease the TB issues for people.

1 Piece: The price for the modified one piece intakes will be $325 shipped, or $299 if shipping isn't needed for those locals. I was hoping to get the price lower than that but the cost of material continues to rise and the effort to get a nice job done on the old oily one piece intakes requires a lot of gas and overall there is a lot more welding and cutting that the two piece renditions.

This will include a modified, roughly 3.2 L plenum volume with shortened intake runners. The top half of the runners will be knife edged at the divider and ported a bit down from there since it's the best time to be inside there. A 90* bend will put the TB placement in a close to stock location to ensure little modification is needed to your existing charge piping or wiring to run the intake.

If you're interested please contact me via PM EVEN IF YOU ALREADY HAVE. I will set up a list of folks that are willing to do this and we can get the ball rolling from there. As the first few get done more will be taken in, etc.

Thanks again everyone for your interest. I hope people can appreciate the time and craftsmanship that is involved in these pieces.

Best regards.

stage3
04-23-2008, 11:33 PM
Figures, I just ordered one from FM last week.

CSXT802
04-24-2008, 12:00 AM

2 Piece: I would love to do more of these. They are less hassle to build, but cost more in material to produce due to the machined base plate. I have yet to have to the time to locate a machinist willing to produce these for me. As soon as that is taken care of I can crank those out for you guys. They will likely have an elbow on them next time to ease the TB issues for people.

1 Piece: The price for the modified one piece intakes will be $325 shipped, or $299 if shipping isn't needed for those locals. I was hoping to get the price lower than that but the cost of material continues to rise and the effort to get a nice job done on the old oily one piece intakes requires a lot of gas and overall there is a lot more welding and cutting that the two piece renditions.

This will include a modified, roughly 3.2 L plenum volume with shortened intake runners. The top half of the runners will be knife edged at the divider and ported a bit down from there since it's the best time to be inside there. A 90* bend will put the TB placement in a close to stock location to ensure little modification is needed to your existing charge piping or wiring to run the intake.

If you're interested please contact me via PM EVEN IF YOU ALREADY HAVE. I will set up a list of folks that are willing to do this and we can get the ball rolling from there. As the first few get done more will be taken in, etc.

Thanks again everyone for your interest. I hope people can appreciate the time and craftsmanship that is involved in these pieces.

Best regards.

PM sent.!!! I hope to have the first one.:thumb:

89ShelbyGuy
04-24-2008, 07:38 AM
PM sent.!!! I hope to have the first one.

Get in line buddy!!!!!!lol. :D
:clap:

CSXT802
04-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Get in line buddy!!!!!!lol. :D
:clap:

:lol: :D

CSXT802
04-26-2008, 12:00 PM
My intake is boxed up ready to go............:evil:

Frank
04-26-2008, 01:08 PM
I have two cores if anybody needs them. Just PM me. I can mail them right to Aaron if you want.

8valves
05-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Just an update for people...

I'm in the process of moving this week and weekend, as well as working some seriosu overtime to finish up a race car for next weekend. As soon as all of that is cleared up I will be contacting the individuals that have requested an intake be done and we'll go frmo there.

If anyone has any questions or concerns you're more than welcome to ask.

Juggy
05-03-2008, 12:25 PM

Best regards.

man if I was working I could make that plate for you no problems....but being that im out of a job.....lol.....

CSXT802
05-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Back to life with this thread.!!! Am I the only one who really wants one of these.?!!:confused:

1984rampage
05-13-2008, 07:08 PM
I want one eventually.

89ShelbyGuy
05-13-2008, 10:32 PM
I am just waiting...and watching! And Yes i still want one made. From the looks and sounds of it...and seeing his work on the viper, i think its well worth the wait!!!

But yea..aaron..any update..i know your still fooling around with MY viper and all...but my shelby is getting jealous!
:lol:

Ttyl!!

8valves
05-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Yeah, with the work on Lee's car finally done I can get moving on this. I will be contacting the first few people on teh list shortly.

Thanks for the interest.

CSXT802
05-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the update Aaron. I hope to hear from you soon.:clap:

CSXT802
05-21-2008, 08:11 AM
:bump2:

89ShelbyGuy
05-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Lol...you really want one eh? I just was told my head was finished :D
Now, aaron, its your turn!!!!!!!!

CSXT802
05-22-2008, 06:57 AM
Lol...you really want one eh? I just was told my head was finished :D
Now, aaron, its your turn!!!!!!!!

I'm as serious as a heart attack.!!!!! I Know Aaron is a busy man, but I'm going to start losing sleep over this soon.:p

8valves
05-22-2008, 09:34 PM
The first intake owner has been contacted. I will give it a trial run to ensure that the stock piece with it's less than wonderful casting quality and old age aren't going to make doing these such a pain that it's not worth the time. Soon the testing will begin!

89ShelbyGuy
05-23-2008, 07:18 AM
I thought you made a few already?

8valves
05-23-2008, 12:37 PM
I thought you made a few already?

Are you thinking that because of the picture I put up? That was back some time in college when I made a run of them. I sold the remainder of my material.

Other than that, no new intakes have been done since then.

89ShelbyGuy
05-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Oh..ok.....well you better get cracking then!!
:D :eyebrows:

89ShelbyGuy
06-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Hey man..its getting to the 2 month mark since first intoduced, whats going on?!? Update? Thanks.

CSXT802
06-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Hey man..its getting to the 2 month mark since first intoduced, whats going on?!? Update? Thanks.

+1^:confused2:

8valves
06-05-2008, 10:33 PM
I hit a snag with the material supplier which I'm hoping is sorted by lunch tommorow. We'll see. As Darren knows, he will be contacted as soon as I have a tracking number for the material so he can send down his intake and work will commence. After that the next in line is Tom. Depending on how things go with Darren's I can evaluate when you can send yours to get going on it.

Thanks, and sorry for the delays guys.

8valves
06-10-2008, 12:00 PM
The first few intake owners have been contacted via PM for shipment instructions. Thanks.

CSXT802
06-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Intake has been shipped. Aaron should have it on Friday.:evil:

8valves
06-10-2008, 10:23 PM
And I just got a new gas lense for 1/8" tungsten and a new box of pure tungsten for some fun (probably not) old turbo-mopar aluminum welding! Ha!

moparzrule
06-11-2008, 06:35 AM
Any update on 2 piece intake uppers?

Also I just want your opinion....on a high RPM (7200ish) 2.2, which intake would be better? A ported 2 piece lower with your upper, or your modded 1 piece(with runners ported also I guess)?

8valves
06-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Any update on 2 piece intake uppers?

Also I just want your opinion....on a high RPM (7200ish) 2.2, which intake would be better? A ported 2 piece lower with your upper, or your modded 1 piece(with runners ported also I guess)?

To be entirely honest with you, I have no real test data of any sort to verify one or the other. I do have my own feelings, which that the two piece has a more gradual bend for the runner in comparison to the one piece going off of memory. I could be wrong though.

My personal car worked great with two piece lower that was ported about as much as it would go.

It'd be nice to get a bigger runner size, but the bolt hole location limits that quite a bit.

Of course, either one would be a great benefit, as you found out! How much did your tune requirements change with the intake change? Mine was drastic!

moparzrule
06-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Of course, either one would be a great benefit, as you found out! How much did your tune requirements change with the intake change? Mine was drastic!

I had to add some ignition advance actually, don't know how that happened but I could add a good bit more with the different intake. And of course, more fuel. I changed from a 1 piece intake with stock TB to that sheetmetal intake with the 52mm. I did loose low end power, and some spoolup, but IMO the top end gain has been worth it.
But I've been thinking about your upper plenum on a 2 piece lower I have laying around, perhaps gain some low end back AND keep the top end too.

8valves
06-11-2008, 05:27 PM
I had to add some ignition advance actually, don't know how that happened but I could add a good bit more with the different intake. And of course, more fuel. I changed from a 1 piece intake with stock TB to that sheetmetal intake with the 52mm. I did loose low end power, and some spoolup, but IMO the top end gain has been worth it.
But I've been thinking about your upper plenum on a 2 piece lower I have laying around, perhaps gain some low end back AND keep the top end too.

The low end loss is more due to the shorter runner length rather than the plenum size. The runners are cut down dramatically on the one piece, and by eliminating the stock upper on the two piece you shave off some couple of inches (can't recall) from the overall runner length as well.

That's also what helps them be so much better up top.

When I hack up (carefully of course!) Darren's intake I can get a measurement of how long the intake runner length is on the one piece and that will help decipher if the two or one piece would be better per application.

I know my two piece upper would look a heck of a lot better! :p

8valves
06-15-2008, 10:57 PM
Darren, your intake showed up as you know, but I think something happened in shipping.....:confused:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/Eight_Valves/DSCF0048-1.jpg

Ha! So here's your progress report so far. I figured everyone else would like a chance to see how they get hacked up to begin with, and how awful a stock one piece truly is inside.

Can you tell a difference? :)

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/Eight_Valves/DSCF0049.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/Eight_Valves/DSCF0051-1.jpg

Ewwww....

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/Eight_Valves/DSCF0053-1.jpg

Sometimes it amazes me that people can go as fast as they do on a stocker!

shadow88
06-15-2008, 11:30 PM
^^ me too. They're terrible.

1984rampage
06-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Thats insane how tiny the intake plenum and elbow are. DAMN.

1984rampage
06-15-2008, 11:54 PM
Can you tell a difference?

ported and knife-edged runners?

GLHNSLHT2
06-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Makes you want to throw a 52mm TB on 1 piece eh? Oh by the way the area of the neck is smaller than the stock 46mm tb :)

CSXT802
06-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Darren, your intake showed up as you know, but I think something happened in shipping.....:confused:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/Eight_Valves/DSCF0048-1.jpg

Ha! So here's your progress report so far. I figured everyone else would like a chance to see how they get hacked up to begin with, and how awful a stock one piece truly is inside.

Can you tell a difference? :)

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/Eight_Valves/DSCF0049.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/Eight_Valves/DSCF0051-1.jpg

Ewwww....

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/Eight_Valves/DSCF0053-1.jpg

Sometimes it amazes me that people can go as fast as they do on a stocker!

You broke my intake.............:thumb: Now I see why my HP peaks at 5800 rpm and falls off. It's hard to believe my car makes the power it does with one of those on it.:confused:

moparzrule
06-16-2008, 06:44 AM
Yup, I've torn apart a 1 piece before and after that pretty much decided to never run one again.

Aaron, very very nice port work BTW.

8valves
06-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Yup, I've torn apart a 1 piece before and after that pretty much decided to never run one again.

Aaron, very very nice port work BTW.

Thanks. It's comign along nicely for not having it very long! I've already got over 3 hours into it though. I truly hate these one piece intakes, they take forever to be actually happy/proud of the way it looks when it's done. Two piece is the way to go for sure!

CSXT802
06-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks. It's comign along nicely for not having it very long! I've already got over 3 hours into it though. I truly hate these one piece intakes, they take forever to be actually happy/proud of the way it looks when it's done. Two piece is the way to go for sure!

Don't give up on the one piece intakes.............you can when mine is finished.:p

moparzrule
06-16-2008, 03:00 PM

I know how you feel. It's a lose/lose situation. You want/need to charge more, but if you do they will never sell. So you end up doing more work for less money.

overlordsshadow
06-16-2008, 03:10 PM
I love my modded one piece. I'm sure that it is not the only thing, but with the bigger valves and this new intake and 52mm tb at 17 psi in 3rd with 3 guys in the car, the tires let loose at about 100km/h, I LOVE IT.

89ShelbyGuy
06-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Woah!

Don't give up on the one piece intakes.............you can when mine is finished.

Lets fix that sentence darren,

Don't give up on the one peice intakes.............you can when mine AND TOM'S is finished.

Just had to correct that. :p

CSXT802
06-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Woah!

Lets fix that sentence darren,

Don't give up on the one peice intakes.............you can when mine AND TOM'S is finished.

Just had to correct that. :p

OK........ it's no fun being the only one any way........:thumb:

8valves
06-16-2008, 05:49 PM
I know how you feel. It's a lose/lose situation. You want/need to charge more, but if you do they will never sell. So you end up doing more work for less money.

You've got it. And if I do it the quick way I feel bad about it, and don't want to give someone something I wouldn't put on my own vehicle, so I just bite my lip and keep on it.

Ah well, it's a good feeling when it's all done and the customer is happy, and the gains are evident.

However, depending on how big of a PIA the welding part ends up being I may only do a few of these one piece ordeals and stick to the two pieces strictly. I know that cuts down on potential customers, but it may have to be that way. :(

Don't worry Darren and Tom, yours are commited and going to be completed regardless!

CSXT802
06-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Don't worry Darren and Tom, yours are commited and going to be completed regardless!

:clap::hail:

89ShelbyGuy
06-17-2008, 06:54 AM
Hey aaron, you should recieve the intake today if you havn't already!..just let me know!!

overlordsshadow
06-17-2008, 09:28 AM
You guys will definitly be happy with them. I know Aaron is a master fabricator and if my own modded one piece (first time) and bigger valves could lead me to beat an SRT4 neon last night on only 17 psi, I'm sure you guys will be kickin some butt.

89ShelbyGuy
06-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Yea...this custom intake mated with Tyler Van's Custom ported head...oh yea..and a TU header too....damn i can't wait!

CSXT802
06-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Yea...this custom intake mated with Tyler Van's Custom ported head...oh yea..and a TU header too....damn i can't wait!

I was thinking about the TU cast iron header......... I have a TU 3 inch swing valve sitting on my bench.:evil:

8valves
06-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Tom, your intake showed up today with no visible damage. I will start on it when I'm about or completely done with Darren's.

I would definately go with the TU cast header. It looks like a great piece. If I didn't enjoy building my own headers I would have one on my car, just as I'ev had two of the stainless versions and loved them both!

CSXT802
06-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Any updates or new pics.? :eyebrows:

8valves
06-23-2008, 09:20 PM
It's almost done. I was going to finish it tonight but ran into a snag of my own stupidity, so I'll finish it tomorrow hopefully. We'll see how the work schedule pans out as we're quite busy right now.

Here's a teaser though... somehow I think this will be ingesting more air than a normal one piece style inlet :)

It's fully welded on the outside and I ran a bead on the ledge I made inside to make for a radius of sorts into the runners. I think it's going to be great, and it's about the best I can do with a one piece. It was tougher than hell to weld inside the plenum, but I managed!

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/Eight_Valves/DSCF0018-1.jpg

CSXT802
06-23-2008, 09:32 PM
It's almost done. I was going to finish it tonight but ran into a snag of my own stupidity, so I'll finish it tomorrow hopefully. We'll see how the work schedule pans out as we're quite busy right now.

Here's a teaser though... somehow I think this will be ingesting more air than a normal one piece style inlet :)

It's fully welded on the outside and I ran a bead on the ledge I made inside to make for a radius of sorts into the runners. I think it's going to be great, and it's about the best I can do with a one piece. It was tougher than hell to weld inside the plenum, but I managed!

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/Eight_Valves/DSCF0018-1.jpg

Oh my.............................:hail::clap:

8valves
06-23-2008, 09:51 PM
I'll take it that's a good response then! I sent you an email, if you got it you can call me tonight still if it's easy for you.

badandy
06-24-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm having wet dreams about two piece uppers:o

8valves
06-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Hopefully soon. I know I keep saying that, but I pretty much hate one piece intakes with a passion. I'd rather sell less intakes but do the two piece setups. Even when I make LESS money on them!

CSXT802
06-24-2008, 12:16 PM
Hopefully soon. I know I keep saying that, but I pretty much hate one piece intakes with a passion. I'd rather sell less intakes but do the two piece setups. Even when I make LESS money on them!

I think you should build your own intake from the flange up. Just set it up to mount the more common T1 fuel rail.:eyebrows:;)

8valves
06-24-2008, 12:43 PM
I think you should build your own intake from the flange up. Just set it up to mount the more common T1 fuel rail.:eyebrows:;)

I just wish the bolt spacing on the stock heads for the intake was wider. There isn't much room for the runner size to increase between the stock bolt location.

The cars seem to be able to make enough power to go damn fast on the stock-ish lower sections as is. Faster than most people's chassis are ready for, so once that point gets taken care of there could be a need for it.

A full sheet metal would look awesome though... just so long as the runners don't point straight back so the intake sits super low on one piece I saw made like that.

CSXT802
06-24-2008, 12:51 PM
I just wish the bolt spacing on the stock heads for the intake was wider. There isn't much room for the runner size to increase between the stock bolt location.

The cars seem to be able to make enough power to go damn fast on the stock-ish lower sections as is. Faster than most people's chassis are ready for, so once that point gets taken care of there could be a need for it.

A full sheet metal would look awesome though... just so long as the runners don't point straight back so the intake sits super low on one piece I saw made like that.

I'm sure you will think of something to try out on your project.:evil:

8valves
06-24-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm sure you will think of something to try out on your project.:evil:

I wish you were right. I'm done worrying about it. As we spoke the other night you know the details to the past setups situation. I know with a couple of slight tweaks that have been done that it will make more than enough power, I just need to get the hook part of the equation down.

But, it would be fun to make, so I suppose you never know what could show up on that thing :eyebrows:

On a side note, your TB flange is on and indexed. She's ready to go except for that "personal touch" you requested. I haven't come up with a good solution for that yet.

CSXT802
06-24-2008, 09:55 PM
I wish you were right. I'm done worrying about it. As we spoke the other night you know the details to the past setups situation. I know with a couple of slight tweaks that have been done that it will make more than enough power, I just need to get the hook part of the equation down.

But, it would be fun to make, so I suppose you never know what could show up on that thing :eyebrows:

On a side note, your TB flange is on and indexed. She's ready to go except for that "personal touch" you requested. I haven't come up with a good solution for that yet.

Thats great to hear. I can't wait to have it back. As for the "personal touch"
I'm sure you will figure that out.:thumb:

89ShelbyGuy
06-25-2008, 06:56 AM
Hey aaron, maybe you will think of his personal touch while working on mine! :p

Darren...This personal touch is slowing down production.......:p

j/k. not really, but you know what i mean.

CSXT802
06-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Hey aaron, maybe you will think of his personal touch while working on mine! :p

Darren...This personal touch is slowing down production.......:p

j/k. not really, but you know what i mean.

It's all good.!! :thumb:

GLHNSLHT2
06-25-2008, 11:00 PM
"personal touch" eh? Sounds gross :)

CSXT802
06-29-2008, 10:41 AM
:bump2:

89ShelbyGuy
06-30-2008, 08:45 AM
Yea...any update aaron?...i am getting anxious. Emailed yea but no reply...you on vaca or sometin?

8valves
07-02-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm back. I was working all weekend on a Masi headed car and didn't have time to get to anything with too much detail. Sorry for the delays. I should have some time to put into Tom's and finish off Darren's with a little detail work over the weekend. I hope. I'm pushing as much as I can guys, thanks for your patience!

89ShelbyGuy
07-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the update.

CSXT802
07-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the update.

+1^ :thumb:

GLHNSLHT2
07-02-2008, 06:38 PM
need more details on the work performed to the Masi headed car please. Pics?

10G OMNI
07-02-2008, 11:10 PM
On a side note,i had the head gasket replaced and threw in a sheetmeatel intake only, alltho this was not one of his its not any better.
More fuel was needed, spool slowed a little bit mabe 150rpm still has great response, this part didnt suffer which is awsome.
Best part is the top end, much improved and better high top end power,overall a great part to add and a must allmost.

2.2 50 trim 18-20psi S2cam 3exhaust 300whp

8valves
07-03-2008, 12:10 PM
need more details on the work performed to the Masi headed car please. Pics?

Nope, no pics sorry. Just a buddy of mine with a somewhat modified Masi in an L body that needed some work done on it. He likes to stay more quiet about his cars though.

As an update that Darren happened to find out about already, I'm not sure how much work I'll get completed. I recieved 4 stitches yesterday due to a fantasticly deep gouge taken out of my left ring finger at work. I need to let that heal and rest some more before I risk damaging it further, so things will have to hold for a bit. Sorry guys. :(

GLHNSLHT2
07-03-2008, 07:11 PM
t. He likes to stay more quiet about his cars though.(

Oh imagine that, a secretive Masi owner. :rolleyes: Thanks though Arron. Hope your finger feels better.

8valves
07-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Oh imagine that, a secretive Masi owner. :rolleyes: Thanks though Arron. Hope your finger feels better.

Not like it's anything crazy or something. He just likes to stay modest about his car collection, that's all. He doesn't feel the need to advertise. I say good for him.

I will say that it is a wonderful example of the rarest of 4 door L's, and that the powerplant is a fantastic attribute to it. It's a blast to drive, even for the short bit I did get to.

It may be at Carlisle if anyone is headed there.

moparzrule
07-03-2008, 07:29 PM
It may be at Carlisle if anyone is headed there.

I'll be in the TU tent most of the day on saturday. You gonna have any of these intakes done for display at all? I'd love to see one, the pics look awesome.

8valves
07-04-2008, 04:09 PM
I'll be in the TU tent most of the day on saturday. You gonna have any of these intakes done for display at all? I'd love to see one, the pics look awesome.

If Darren is going and has his by then, perhaps he'll have it. I won't be there, the Masi headed S car might be though, if all goes as planned.

Otherwise no, I don't have any others to send up that way. Have fun, it was a great show last year.

Speaking of Darren's, here is the final piece minus one touch. As evident from the pictures, my left hand is quite limited as far as cutting, welding, or practically anything I do at work sadly. I need to rest it so it heals, not push it and make things worse.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/813/thumbs/DSCF00062.JPG (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10292)

That's a tapered entry from 2.25", to 2.5", to 3" with a welded transition between each for a nice smooth entry into the full 3" large radius 45* entry into the plenum.

I thought this would be the best compromise between minimal charge piping modifications without ruining things with a sharp and nasty 90*.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/813/thumbs/DSCF00032.JPG (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10291)

A bit different appearance, huh? That elbow should help a car clear it's throat up top a bit I bet!

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/813/thumbs/DSCF00021.JPG (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10290)

CSXT802
07-04-2008, 05:57 PM
If Darren is going and has his by then, perhaps he'll have it. I won't be there, the Masi headed S car might be though, if all goes as planned.

Otherwise no, I don't have any others to send up that way. Have fun, it was a great show last year.

Speaking of Darren's, here is the final piece minus one touch. As evident from the pictures, my left hand is quite limited as far as cutting, welding, or practically anything I do at work sadly. I need to rest it so it heals, not push it and make things worse.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/813/thumbs/DSCF00062.JPG (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10292)

That's a tapered entry from 2.25", to 2.5", to 3" with a welded transition between each for a nice smooth entry into the full 3" large radius 45* entry into the plenum.

I thought this would be the best compromise between minimal charge piping modifications without ruining things with a sharp and nasty 90*.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/813/thumbs/DSCF00032.JPG (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10291)

A bit different appearance, huh? That elbow should help a car clear it's throat up top a bit I bet!

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/813/thumbs/DSCF00021.JPG (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10290)

Nice work Aaron.!! (I don't mean your finger) Now all it needs is an MTF some where.!

89ShelbyGuy
07-10-2008, 07:02 AM
Hows that finger doing?

8valves
07-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Getting the stitches out today.

I finished Darren's entirely yesterday, so yours is going under the knife (saw) in the next few days. Hopefully by the weekend it should be ready for some welding to start.

I'll provide pictures and updates as it comes along!

89ShelbyGuy
07-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the update....and please...dont get the stitches put back in!:D:p

2.216VTurbo
07-10-2008, 02:39 PM
If you do need more stitches can I do them:eyebrows: I don't get to practice nearly as much anymore:(

89ShelbyGuy
07-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Hey Aaron, any updates!? Thanks.

8valves
07-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Hey Aaron, any updates!? Thanks.

Nothing too exciting yet for you. Soon I'll have something worth checking out. Thanks.

CSXT802
07-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Got my intake.!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the time and effort you put into it Aaron.:thumb: I'll start a new topic soon, so everyone can follow my progress as I push for 400 WHP on an 8 valve 2.2.:eyebrows:

8valves
07-25-2008, 07:23 AM
Got my intake.!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the time and effort you put into it Aaron.:thumb: I'll start a new topic soon, so everyone can follow my progress as I push for 400 WHP on an 8 valve 2.2.:eyebrows:

Glad you like it... what are your first impressions with it?

Hopefully I can get Tom his before I take a little vacation back to Michigan in the middle of August. There will be much progress on it this weekend Tom, pictures to follow!

89ShelbyGuy
07-25-2008, 08:21 AM
heyHey.....thanks for the update aaron...i am patiantly waiting for mine :)

89ShelbyGuy
07-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Hey Aaron, hows it going?

8valves
07-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Hey Aaron, hows it going?

Would you be happy if I told you it was done? :D

I finished it up last night. Check your email for some information. I got some new batteries for my camera so I'll try to snap some pictures of it later as well.

I think it turned out pretty well!

contraption22
08-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Hey Aaron, are you making any more of these?

8valves
08-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey Aaron, are you making any more of these?

With the way we are at work right now it's not likely in the next few weeks. That could change though. I don't like doing the one piece deals, but the extra money would help.

Mike if you're interested in one shoot me a PM and let me know your time frame.

Thanks.

banshee X
09-08-2008, 04:13 PM
What about the 2 piece version i am interested in 1. I am building this winter and would love one of these beasts..

Shawn

contraption22
01-15-2009, 11:56 PM
What about the 2 piece version i am interested in 1. I am building this winter and would love one of these beasts..

Shawn

Bump.

Dez
02-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Interested in an upper 2 piece plenum 8)

Bump

8valves
02-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Someone was supposed to be sending me a two piece upper to jig, but I haven't heard from them in a few weeks. Anyone else have one that they want to loan possibly in case this person falls through??

mcsvt
02-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Aaron do you need a stock upper or one of your uppers? I could be a back up for either, but soonest I could send is next weekend.

8valves
02-04-2010, 01:07 PM
I need a stock upper for my new plan. I'll be sure to let you know, thanks!

GLHNSLHT2
02-04-2010, 11:24 PM
I've got a stock upper lying on the shelf you could borrow.

badandy
02-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Yup! Thanks to my buddy jay I have a stock upper and a lighter wallet but somehoe I still seem to be smiling about it:)

...anyway, let me know if you need it Aaron.

cordes
02-05-2010, 07:58 PM
I too have a stock upper lying around if you need one Aaron. It is in pristine shape.

GLHNSLHT2
02-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Yup! Thanks to my buddy jay I have a stock upper and a lighter wallet but somehoe I still seem to be smiling about it:)

...anyway, let me know if you need it Aaron.

Get that thing on and running yet?

badandy
02-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Get that thing on and running yet?

Nope, got a bunch of other things going on like possible relocation and a new job...plus I keep finding other car stuff I want that keeps taking away from my machine work money. It will be a very impressive 8v build by the time it's done. Reeves and I have to address some things that's just going to take some more time. Also, at the same time will be a fresh 555 hybrid with OBX/moly plate and Koni coil overs w/Rich's camber plates...and all kinds of other goodies I've been obtaining.

Can't wait though! I'm really looking forward to using that intake as I'm thinking with proper tuning I've got a monster on my hands:eyebrows:

Reeves
02-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Can I get a show of hands for those that would be interested in modified one piece intakes for shorter runner length and a larger plenum size with a smooth elbow into the plenum?

I'm curious. I could put some together nicely and rather quickly to help with some bills and car habits that need some attention. I haven't driven a TD since august of 2006 when I last dyno'd the '87, and would like to get somethign back up and running.

If you would be interested for a modest cost, please yell it out!

Did CSXTRA get in touch with you? I can bring his spare 2-piece down to you next week, or I can bring you a 1 piece, or both.