PDA

View Full Version : H-body Sunroof not working

Mike M
04-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Hi!!

My sunroof in my 88 Lancer Shelby does not work since I put the car back together. The sunroof used to work great 95% of the time but would occasionally stop and not work, it would start working after awhile or after playing with the switch for awhile (coincidence or not, may be an iffy switch). The one change I made to the sunroof when I had the car torn apart was relocated the switch to the center console, I only extended the 3 wires, it was nothing fancy at all, at least I can check for voltage at the switch now! When it was apart I opened the switch connector and there is a "slight" possibility the pins didn't go back the way they came (this is a split connector, can be opened up) - I really don't think this is the problem though.

My big problem, which would make things much easier for me, is that pulling the headliner is not an option at this stage.

Anyway, at this stage I have ground at all 3 pins - no power (key is on). I tried jumping power to each wire and operating the switch (there is a yellow/red, a light brown, and a dark brown). The yellow/red wire does nothing at all. The light brown and dark brown both activate something in the roof (sounds like a relay click) when power is applied, but the switch still does nothing at all.

All fuses in the glove box are ok. I have no idea what fuse runs the sunroof, nothing is listed anywhere. I also cannot find any wiring diagrams for a sunroof! Does anyone have any diagrams and possibly a pinout for the switch?

I'd like to know what wires do what... I do have another aftermarket rocker switch that I may be able to use, but I know for sure my main problem is no power to the switch.

I've read there should be a manual way to open the sunroof - removing a plug in the headliner and being able to crank it open/close, but I sure as heck don't have a plug in my headliner. Anyone know about this?

Thanks muchly!