PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Turbo Mopar Calendar Guidlines

Polygon
04-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Well, since the weather is warming up it would be a good time to take some nice shots of your cars. For the calendar. It is not going to based off CoTM. What we'll do is take submissions and once the deadline is up, which will be Thanksgiving, we'll decide on 12 shots to put in the calendar. We will also need a good artistic type of shot for the cover.

This year we're going with the 17"x11" (16:9) calendar. So, the lowest size pictures we can take will be from a 5mp camera at the highest settings, preferably in RAW format. Max size for a 5mp camera is 2592x1944, we can't use pictures any smaller than this. Now, that same rules apply as in last year.

No people in the shots, just the cars.
No hoods or doors open, it brakes up the lines.
Action shots are welcome.
Preferably nothing in the background like houses, other cars, etc.

Here are some tips for you so you can get some good shots.

White balance your camera. Take a white sheet of paper and take it outside on a sunny or under UV lights and set that as white on the camera.

Use the lowest ISO you can.

Play with the exposure as it will vary for each position and location.

Do NOT use the flash.

Watch for shadows and anything that might over expose the shot.

So get out there and take some pictures. Also, don't do anything to them in Photoshop or any other program. We can clean them up if they need to be. So, send your pics to both Frank and I:

polygongtc@gmail.com
frank@turbo-mopar.com

Frank
04-25-2008, 06:22 AM
Only one submission? I know you all have pictures sitting around. Don't be shy!

89ShelbyGuy
04-25-2008, 09:10 AM
I would love to be in the calander....but i gotta get a shot....all the ones i have dont follow the guidelines and thats why no one sent you one yet. So...i'll get you one very soon...

Tom

slasky
04-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Did you get mine OK?

dds78910
04-25-2008, 09:24 AM
I would love to be in the calander....but i gotta get a shot....all the ones i have dont follow the guidelines and thats why no one sent you one yet. So...i'll get you one very soon...

Tom

Same for me, I try and do it next days off.:D

Frank
04-25-2008, 10:41 AM

Tom

No problem. I just want to make sure I remind everyone.

Did you get mine OK?

I will check out my e-mail when I get home.

Same for me, I try and do it next days off.:D

Awesome.

Frank
04-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Oh and I will be at SDAC this year taking pictures if people want their cars shot.

slasky
04-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Oh and I will be at SDAC this year taking pictures if people want their cars shot.
Just like you did last year?? I couldn't tell if were carrying a camera or a man purse.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4723&d=1182992911

Polygon
04-25-2008, 11:44 PM
Did you get mine OK?

I haven't. I saw that motion shot of your car and if you could get a better one like that it would make a good cover shot, hell, send me the high res of the one you've got and I'll see what I can come up with.

I can't wait to see what you guys have planned.

slasky
04-26-2008, 12:32 AM
too bad I had my slicks rims on for this one today.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2032/2442481480_55497aee8f.jpg