PDA

View Full Version : Seller/buyer points?

altered7151
12-22-2005, 04:24 PM
I have seen other forums where people are able to acrue points for good sales or purchases, and it seemed to work pretty good. I'm not sure what features this board offers to you guys in respect to doing that, but is something to think about. Could help people choose who to buy/sell to, or who not too. Just as long as it doesn't get abused like the rep points system did.

TurboGLH
12-22-2005, 05:00 PM
As long as it can be moderated it would be a great idea. If it's like the rep system where once the feedback hits it's stuck forget it

DodgeZ
12-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Yeah I have seen some other sites that use it. I think it helps ;)

ludwig340
12-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Since one like eBay's works well by being tied to auction participants, why not have a system here governed by a 'forum sales/trades' mod - buyer and seller contact mod with comments, points are awarded by mod. Maybe have a dedicated mod for this purpose?

altered7151
12-22-2005, 05:58 PM
:cool:
Since one like eBay's works well by being tied to auction participants, why not have a system here governed by a 'forum sales/trades' mod - buyer and seller contact mod with comments, points are awarded by mod. Maybe have a dedicated mod for this purpose?

Sounds like volunteer to me! :D But yeah, it would have to be controlled somehow, otherwise you'd get people that dont like each other giving out eroneous rep points. I doubt that would ever happen though :cool: Would be a nice feature if it could be worked out where it didn't take an overwhelming amount of man hours to control.

ludwig340
12-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Yep. Kevin knows the software, so I'd guess he could say if such an admin-controlled value could be easily added (and maintained) to everyone's ID. As for me, I've got way too much free time at work, so sure, I could do about anything if I was asked.

Frank
12-22-2005, 06:21 PM
I'll do some research. It wont get implemented till after the first of the year.

oldgregg
12-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Since one like eBay's works well by being tied to auction participants, why not have a system here governed by a 'forum sales/trades' mod - buyer and seller contact mod with comments, points are awarded by mod. Maybe have a dedicated mod for this purpose?No mod needed.
It is governed by thread.
You have to put in the thread that you were the seller or buyer in.
Obviously if someone tried to give you an undeserved bad rep point it can be traced to see that you, or they, weren't involved with said transaction.

Frank
12-26-2005, 05:10 PM
Its added. I still have to add one link addition under the Quick Links for the Dark Theme. Other then that, it should be operational.

Frank

Tony Hanna
12-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Having been burned to the tune of $300 buying parts off another board, I'd like to say that this is a heck of a good idea!:thumb:
Any provisions being made for chronic problem sellers (or buyers) being banned from the for sale forums if their feedback gets too bad?