PDA

View Full Version : FULL manual valve body in a daily driver

WickedShelby88
04-11-2008, 03:33 PM
I was told this would be a good idea even for a daily driver to help extend the life of the trans due to less heat buildup. I'm just curious what kind of pressures I will see with this and if I should change anything else. Should I be weary of putting this in a trans with some miles on it. Also anyone know whose building A670's/A413's right now?

turboshadow
04-11-2008, 04:00 PM
I dunno about pressures but Ive had a full manual valve body in my daily driver for allmost a year and have had no trans issuses it bangs into gear every time.:thumb:

Speedeuphoria
04-11-2008, 04:52 PM
just remember to shift back to 1st when you stop!!

turbovanmanČ
04-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Cliff, TU, FWD build tranny's.
You have to check the pressure after you install one as its known that some are set too low, and the line pressure needs bumping up.

ATaylorRacing
04-12-2008, 03:35 AM
Checking line pressure is a MUST! I've had a FMVB on Matchbox for over 115,000 miles and the fluid never gets discolored or burnt, even with a Coan 3500 stahl convertor....no troubles on THIS car, but I had one on a turbo GLH that had line pressure so high that it would rip appart the clutch drum...3 times in as many weeks!

WickedShelby88
04-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Hmm.... Its been so long since I messed with these things. Aren't pressure checked via the ports on the trans with the plugs on the front. I took a class on this but its been some years ago, but I remember liking how simple the A413 was compared to the GM transmissions I'd seen apart. I can't afford to be ripping apart anything so I think I'm gonna have to do some more homework on this. The price is right though for the valve body. Isn't there a way to convert your own though?
I tried to pm cliff, but no luck. Maybe I should try his email. I'd rather buy one from someone who specializes in mopars. I will check the vendors too. Because my van really can't have too much downtime I want to buy one first then send back the core. As far as my 413 I plan on going through that one myself.

turbovanmanČ
04-12-2008, 01:50 PM
I could build one for you but shipping would be brutal, :(

WickedShelby88
04-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Hey Taylor your in kokomo eh.. you ever get out to muncie dragway? Thanks for the offer Simon. Shipping would definitely be a killer.

BadAssPerformance
04-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Hey Taylor your in kokomo eh.. you ever get out to muncie dragway? Thanks for the offer Simon. Shipping would definitely be a killer.

LOL, that is the funniest thing I've read today... you don't know Angelo yet, but he might actualy have his own personal pit spot there :thumb:

Captain Chaos
04-12-2008, 03:49 PM
LOL, that is the funniest thing I've read today... you don't know Angelo yet, but he might actualy have his own personal pit spot there :thumb:

LOL. The pavement from his house to there is probably worn thin.

WickedShelby88
04-13-2008, 05:47 PM

Guess one of these days I will have to get out there and find out. True story. i would of run my SVO one night but I ended up borrowing a screwdriver so I could get the hatch open since I locked my keys in the car.. Doh! No I didn't have to break anything since someone had already replaced the rivet holding the lock cylinder retaining clip with a screw. Scary how easy fox bodys are to get into.. That would explain why the car fax would reveal that that car had been stolen once. I already knew it though since the previous owner told be the whole saga.. ah too much rambling I'll stop now.

ATaylorRacing
04-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Old Matchbox and I used to go there lots of times. I quit going because I worked Sats and was just plane tired. Often I'd fall asleep there or on the DRIVE home. I always managed to make money there, The only championship I got there (out of my 33 total) was the 1990 Ohio/Indiana Nationals....I entered two classes, Sportsman and Mad Dog (all run) and won 13 rounds until I redlit in Sportsman in the final round...but won in Mad dog....that $2000 came in handy!

ATaylorRacing
04-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Old Matchbox and I used to go there lots of times. I quit going because I worked Sats and was just plane tired....

Just PLAIN tired, like now!

ShadowFromHell
04-14-2008, 01:12 AM
where are you guys getting your MVB's from?

Speedeuphoria
04-14-2008, 01:14 AM
where are you guys getting your MVB's from?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=TAC%2D14156N&N=700+4294880856+115&autoview=sku

I got mine from Chad Killback, aka TorqueFlite on here

turbovanmanČ
04-14-2008, 03:24 AM
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=TAC%2D14156N&N=700+4294880856+115&autoview=sku

I got mine from Chad Killback, aka TorqueFlite on TD.com

He's also Torqueflite on here to, :D

www.forwardmotioninc.com has them also.

Dave
04-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Cheetah Valve Bodies also makes them. I got mine from them. $160 + shipping.

WickedShelby88
04-16-2008, 08:23 AM
Yeah thats about the price I've seen. I might be able to get one at the mopar nats too or SDAC when I go from someone if I have the funds for one by then. Its going to go into the 89 A413 I have for my car which is currently just running an 86 T1 auto drivetrain:eek: