PDA

View Full Version : rob (shelgame) I need a hand real quick

Aries_Turbo
04-10-2008, 08:11 PM
remember our discussion about the 2.5L SMEC timing and how I thought it was wrong (backwards) but in fact I was wrong?

How does the SMEC back off the timing at WOT again given that the map is higher than the Part throttle? I vaguely remember you saying that at WOT, 4deg was immediately pulled from that map? is this the case? if not, how does it do it?

i want to implement correct maps in my new cal that im going to be working on as soon as my new alky stuff gets here.

thanks

Brian

ShelGame
04-10-2008, 08:53 PM
In the '89 T1 cals, there's a table at #8044 that is added to the Part throttle timing based on the open loop timer (in my older table files, I put the X value as coolant temp - that's wrong). The value is 1.5 deg, pretty much constant. So, in effect, the P/T and WOT timing is the same in boost. Plus, the T1 code has a more advance knock control scheme. It will not only pull timing due to knock, but it will also reduce the boost (by reducing the WG duty cycle) when knock is detected. So, I think that's aprt of the reason the 2.5 T1 timing seems more aggressive than the 2.2. If you want to make a 2.2 cal based on the 2.5 code, I'd suggest looking at the VNT timing tables. The VNT code is based on the '90 T1 (actually, it's the same code, just uses a differnt boost control routine), which in turn is based on the '89 T1.

Aries_Turbo
04-10-2008, 10:15 PM
thanks,

i did search for our last chat about those timing tables. i added 1.5deg across the board for the part throttle, ramped the boost after 14.6psi .75deg/lb of boost to 29.4psi and popped it in the car. it runs well. i took it for a spin and i only got knock retard when id roll on the boost in a higher gear after puttering through town and getting things all hot. once at speed, i had no knock. im running 18psi right now. I just got the car back out after the winter nap.

i just wanted to have the timing as close as possible to what it would be if i were running a 89 smec.

ill be able to take a look at the turbonator stuff now and do some testing for you... some more indepth testing. i also have to see how well the latest version of LMlog from Jeff C works. i can watch the timing values with that when the antilag is in effect and I can finally get around to testing the alky outputs.

im going to order some alky stuff in the next few days. i had a crude setup on the car last summer as a test made from stuff laying around the house and now and it worked so well (lots more timing with no knock) that im going to do it right now. I have all the lines ran under the carpet and some wire from the front to the back for a pump so it will be an easy install. i want the tank in the back so i can store more fluids. (windshield washer fluid :))

Brian

ShelGame
04-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Sounds great. Only 3 people have DL'd the latest Turbonator LM. Seems OK so far. No negative feedback yet anyway...

Speedeuphoria
04-11-2008, 12:30 AM
I have all the lines ran under the carpet and some wire from the front to the back for a pump so it will be an easy install. i want the tank in the back so i can store more fluids. (windshield washer fluid :))

Brian

Hey speaking of that do you know if its OK to have the alky line in the car at the strip?

Clay
04-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Sounds great. Only 3 people have DL'd the latest Turbonator LM. Seems OK so far. No negative feedback yet anyway...

Oh, just wait! Im sure I can screw it up for ya! ;)

mario03SRT
04-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Hey speaking of that do you know if its OK to have the alky line in the car at the strip?

Sure it's ok.

Aries_Turbo
04-11-2008, 04:41 PM

pure meth... i wouldnt... its worse than having a fuel line in the passenger compartment. now windshield washer fluid like i run? sure it can be in there no problem.

Brian