PDA

View Full Version : A568 into 89 Daytona

mcsvt
03-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Well with my tranny concerns, I have decided to swap out the trans because it may be more serious then just the pressure plate. So there is a good chance I may be getting a 568(large spline) very soon just waiting to hear back. Besides the trans, shifter, clutch/pp and cables what will I need to put it in my car? Will the shifter mount in my current console? The car is an 89 Daytona Shelby with a 555 currently.

On another note, should I do what Heath is talking about? Possibly try a modular srt clutch and a 413 flexplate?

Any info or insight is appreciated :thumb:

TurboGLH
03-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Well with my tranny concerns, I have decided to swap out the trans because it may be more serious then just the pressure plate. So there is a good chance I may be getting a 568(large spline) very soon just waiting to hear back. Besides the trans, shifter, clutch/pp and cables what will I need to put it in my car? Will the shifter mount in my current console? The car is an 89 Daytona Shelby with a 555 currently.

On another note, should I do what Heath is talking about? Possibly try a modular srt clutch and a 413 flexplate?

Any info or insight is appreciated :thumb:

You should be good with the parts list you have. The shift will probably bolt right in, it depends on what platform the base plate came from. Since most of the big cars share a similar/same base plate you should be ok.

As far as the modular clutch, it depends on what power level your at. The stock srt clutch starts giving out at around 300/300. If you plan on making less than that amount of power, and you can get one at a reasonable price, then go right ahead. If you want to make more than 300hp, you would be smart to invest in a more future proof clutch.

mcsvt
03-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks Chris for the info. The trans is coming from a Spirt.

I am on the fence for the modular clutch. Not sure exactely what I am putting down currently(~250ish). I don't think I will go much bigger with my current setup, but you never know. Maybe if I get a screaming deal on a modular I may try it.

Thanks again