PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Greddy e-Manage experience here?

SebringLX
04-09-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm trying to use the Greddy e-Manage to tune my turbo Sebring Sedan. I chose it since a lot of the SRT-4 crowd use it and it works out well for them, and my engine is more SRT-4 than anything at this point.

I'm having a few issues. I wasn't the one who originally wired it into the car. The shop I had installing the turbo did it for me. It looks like they did not connect the TPS wire correctly. I get no TPS reading at all. Seems like I kind of need that to tune with the airflow adjustment map... or is there another way I can tune it without having a TPS signal to the e-Manage?

I had made some adjustments to the airflow adjustment map before realizing the e-Manage wasn't getting a TPS signal. I think this is what caused me to run really lean on the way to work.

I'm having another issue as well... I have the Profec E-01 as an electronic boost controller. I unplug it's USB port from the e-Manage to plug my laptop into it and use the e-Manage support tool software to make changes, but then when I plug the Profec E-01 back in... they stop wanting to play together. E-01 display shows a flashing ERR up at the top, and now the boost gauge isn't working on it. :confused2:

Hoping someone here can help... trying to avoid a flame fest over on the SRTForums.

SebringLX
04-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Ok it appears my TPS is bad, which is probably the root of all my problems here.

Captain Chaos
04-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Ok it appears my TPS is bad, which is probably the root of all my problems here.

Plenty of 03-04 SRT-4 cars had a problem with their wires being too short on their cars. Not sure about your intake maifold and wiring setup though.

SebringLX
04-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Plenty of 03-04 SRT-4 cars had a problem with their wires being too short on their cars. Not sure about your intake maifold and wiring setup though.

Wires for what now? Not sure what you are talking about here... :confused2:

quantum
04-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Wires for what now? Not sure what you are talking about here... :confused2:

Wires going to the TPS. There was a recall that came with a new connector and longer wires that were put in to stop the issue from happening again.

Captain Chaos
04-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Wires going to the TPS. There was a recall that came with a new connector and longer wires that were put in to stop the issue from happening again.

lol, yeah that.:thumb:

SebringLX
04-09-2008, 04:24 PM

Oh, wires were getting pulled out then?

I'm pretty sure that is not the issue. The TPS is actually closer to the ECU now than it was when the car was still stock. I traced the wires and everything looked fine as far as wiring goes. Tested it with a voltage meter and it never moves from 0.05V. I'm 99% sure the sensor itself is bad. I am picking up a new one from Car Quest tomorrow morning.

Captain Chaos
04-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Yeah IIRC it was the ground wire was pulling out of the connector. My car was an 05 and didn't have the issue. My friends 03 never acted up until the day he was dynoing it.