PDA

View Full Version : solid tanny mount?

TurboII
04-07-2008, 11:43 PM
IM having bad vibration at idle. its not my motors mounts cause i changed them. I was thinking its my solid mount i put for the tranny. I think their is no preload cause i backed it out some but not sure. another things is i used napa motor mounts and they were pretty hard compound. what do you guys think? Im at the point were my steering wheel shacks a lil. And they are in the right direction cause i checked the bible.

Joey

BadAssPerformance
04-08-2008, 12:47 AM
A solid trans mount will add more vibration than a solid motor mount for sure.

TurboII
04-08-2008, 01:03 AM
A solid trans mount will add more vibration than a solid motor mount for sure.

Okay, i can live with that. I just wanted to Know what was causing that. I replaced the shitty strut absorber mount on my car cause it went flat. The solid seemed like a good idea and the price was great too.

GLHNSLHT2
04-08-2008, 01:17 AM
with the tranny mount hanging by the bracket on the tranny you should be able to slide the bolt through the kframe tabs and the mount easily. If you can't you have preload in one direction or the other.

TurboII
04-08-2008, 10:34 AM
with the tranny mount hanging by the bracket on the tranny you should be able to slide the bolt through the kframe tabs and the mount easily. If you can't you have preload in one direction or the other.

ya i think i have a bit of pre-load the were the tranny sitts on the poly mount.

turbovanmanČ
04-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Okay, i can live with that. I just wanted to Know what was causing that. I replaced the shitty strut absorber mount on my car cause it went flat. The solid seemed like a good idea and the price was great too.

Thats the bobble strut, not the tranny mount.

You could still have a bad tranny mount, they are known to go bad over time, just like everything else. PB sells poly ones and as Jay said, if you've preloaded your BS too much, it will send alot of vibration thru and cause the steering wheel to jump, :o

TurboII
04-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Thats the bobble strut, not the tranny mount.

You could still have a bad tranny mount, they are known to go bad over time, just like everything else. PB sells poly ones and as Jay said, if you've preloaded your BS too much, it will send alot of vibration thru and cause the steering wheel to jump, :o

Ima have to look into that