PDA

View Full Version : Starting to scream!

glhs875
04-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Last year I ran my 100% stock VNT Shadow to a street tire best of 9.78@ 77mph on it's first and only outing. Since then I pulled the head, unshrouded the valves in the combustion chamber, ported the intake and exhaust manifolds, installed a T2 intercooler with different piping to and from the turbo, along with some more fine tuning and bigger/wider tires. What a difference! The engine is now pulling hard to the rev limiter (6650rpm) with the boost creeping up with the revs. This car is running way better than I thought it would! It still has AC, ps, balance shafts, and the cat in the exhaust system. The only non stock items are the ones mentioned above. I feel like the computer is not stock, as it's boosting over 15psi with no shutdown. I will probably go this thursday to hopefully crush my old ET and MPH record. My next mod will most likely be an alcohol/water injection kit of some sort. Mainly because there is a BIG difference in performance when the outside temps are cool vs. hot. Hopefully the kit will make the hot weather performance closer to the same as in cooler weather. That's the plan anyway. As the Shadow sits right now, I honestly feel like I could take my wifes stock SRT4 that has the boost raised on it to around 15psi. I may have to run her in it soon!! It would be a good race!!

Speedeuphoria
04-08-2008, 12:03 AM
I honestly feel like I could take my wifes stock SRT4 that has the boost raised on it to around 15psi. I may have to run her in it soon!! It would be a good race!!

If your wife races thats kick a$$!

Will be waiting for results:thumb: