PDA

View Full Version : 2.4 intake and other questions

glhs502
04-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Which intake manifold is better? 2.0 DOHC or 2.4 Stratus?
I'm building a 2.4NA/auto in a 91 Daytona for a daily driver and I want to get some MPG.
Also I have to buy an exhauste manifold and I'm looking at 2 options. Neon DOHC manifold for about $40.
Or a cast iron turbo manifold for about $140. I have a good T2 Garrett from a GLHS...wonder if the stock 2.4 pistons could handle 9-10 boost?:eyebrows:

inmyshadow
04-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Your choice of a manifolds will depend on the clearance with the radiator.

The long runner stratus manifolds are for low end torque. The short runners of the neon manifold are for top end.

There are more options for exhaust manifolds. The early PT cruisers have a good exhaust manifold. Some neon owners used them.

You best bet about the strength of a 2.4 once turbocharged is to read though neons.org. The weakness in 1st gen 2.4s are the rods. They don't seem to take more then 8lbs of boost.

Visit neons.org and put the search to use. I did my 2.4 swapped neon solely on their stickies and search.

later

Which intake manifold is better? 2.0 DOHC or 2.4 Stratus?
I'm building a 2.4NA/auto in a 91 Daytona for a daily driver and I want to get some MPG.
Also I have to buy an exhauste manifold and I'm looking at 2 options. Neon DOHC manifold for about $40.
Or a cast iron turbo manifold for about $140. I have a good T2 Garrett from a GLHS...wonder if the stock 2.4 pistons could handle 9-10 boost?:eyebrows: