PDA

View Full Version : WNY-SDAC June 1st Tri-State Mopar Show

1FastCSX289
03-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Billy Lofink is organizing this and extended the invite to us WNYers:

"Hey guys

We were talking yesterday at our club meeting that there is a Tri-State Mopar club show in Albion, PA I *think* on June 1. From what I understand, it's a pretty big show, and a few of our members suggested different ways of how we could have a big turnout TM wise. The best suggestion was to ask those of you from the Buckeye and WNY SDAC Chapters if you would like to participate in this show with us? I'm not sure how far away it would be for you guys, but it could definitely be a neat event to invade. I think it's 3 hours or so for us from here at Pittsburgh. If you wouldn't mind, please bring this up with your members to see if there's any interest, and I'll go ahead and get the flyer I was given scanned so you have all the info needed."

Personally, I dont think I can make it due to SDAC being so close and probably not being the best thing for my family for me to be gone that much. I will definately thing about it though and if my wife happens to have something going that weekend, then im in! I would probably drive the CSX as its only 3 hrs away.

Bardo
03-30-2008, 10:08 PM
it would be very nice to see you all up there. I'm going to talk to billy and find out if the ohio boys can meet us were i80 and i79 cross over and roll in together. we think its going to be a good idea to have alot of fun and show people our love and support for these cars.

slasky
03-30-2008, 10:12 PM
I might be able to make it.

DC Turismo
03-31-2008, 12:24 AM
Here is the information from the flyer (scanner's not cooperating with me):

The Lake Erie Tri-State Mopar Club's 23rd Annual Mopar Car Show & Swap Meet

SUNDAY, JUNE 1, 2008 FROM 8 - 4 RAIN OR SHINE

REGISTRATION TAKES PLACE FROM 8 AM TO 12 PM

$10 PER SHOW CAR, $10 PER CAR CORRAL VEHICLE
$3 SPECTATORS

DASH PLAQUES & GOODY BAGS TO FIRST 200 CARS

OUR VEHICLES WOULD FALL UNDER THE "ALL FWD TO 1997" CLASS.

AWARDS PRESENTED AT APPROXIMATELY 3:30 W/BEST OF SHOW TROPHIES BEING REWARDED TO '61 AND OLDER AS WELL AS '62 AND NEWER.

DIRECTIONS

FROM OHIO --- TAKE I-90, EXIT 6, FOLLOW RT. 215 SOUTH TO RT. 6N. THEN EAST INTO ALBION AND TURN LEFT AT THE LIGHT.

FROM NEW YORK --- TAKE I-90, EXIT 9, FOLLOW RT. 18 SOUTH TO RT. 6N, THEN WEST INTO ALBION AND TURN RIGHT AT THE LIGHT.

FROM PITTSBURGH --- TAKE I-79, EXIT 166, FOLLOW RT. 6N WEST INTO ALBION AND TURN RIGHT AT THE LIGHT

RELATIVELY NEUTRAL SPOT FOR OUR CHAPTERS TO MEET UP FOR A NICE KICK-OFF EVENT BEFORE SDAC! AND AS A.J. MENTIONED, IT WOULD BE AWESOME TO ROLL IN TOGETHER AS A BIG CARAVAN. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

glhturbo1985
04-25-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm bumping this. It's a great meeting ground. I've been going there for YEARS!!!! It's where I bought my GLH Turbo

DC Turismo
05-26-2008, 07:30 PM
This is coming up fast guys, as it's next weekend already!!! A good half dozen or so Steel City guys are heading up for the show. Anyone else north or west of us planning on attending?? :eyebrows:

glhturbo1985
05-27-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm either taking my GLHT or my dad's GLHS if there is potential for rain in the forecast. I'm down either way though.

slasky
05-27-2008, 08:13 PM
I have so much to do between my cars, boat, jet ski, and two houses that I don't think I can make it.

1FastCSX289
05-28-2008, 07:34 AM
I cant make it either......im in the same position as Scott......too much to do and not enough time to do it. If I want to make SDAC, ive got to get some work done in the proceeding weekends.

glhturbo1985
05-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Hey guys. It looks like it's gonna take 3 hours to get there from New Stanton. That's where we will meet. Be prepared to be there no later than 6:30. I'll be there at 6:00 and ready to roll out at 6:30. I'm factoring a 3.5 hour dirve (including 30 minutes for unscheduled maintenance).

We'll meet off of I 70 New Stanton Exit accross the street from the Sunoco where we met for last fall's Brady run meet with the Buckeye's.

(Billy kind of put me in charge of organizing this one)

Hope to see you all there.

Right now it looks like it's gonna be cloudy with a high of I think 65ish. I'm hoping this weather passes faster though as it's supposed to be beautiful and 80- degrees here on sunday in pittsburgh.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DC Turismo
05-30-2008, 12:11 AM
No problem Sean & Scott. We'll catch up with you guys at SDAC since the same crew going to this show will be out there in Detroit.

1FastCSX289
05-31-2008, 12:49 PM
No problem Sean & Scott. We'll catch up with you guys at SDAC since the same crew going to this show will be out there in Detroit.

Cant wait for SDAC!

DC Turismo
05-31-2008, 11:56 PM
We'll post some pics. up in this thread of the event tomorrow. Should be fun!