FWD stage 4 cam
+1mm Larger valves
slightly ported head
+40 injectors
3 bar map
adj fuel pressure reg
t3/t4 50 trim
powerstroke intercooler

I'm working on making my tune for the van. I've had a program from FWD and one made for me from someone in my local area, both of which caused my van to break up once boost was reached. When it would break up, my O2 gauge would go full rich. So I've deceided to make my own program. I've got my burner last weekend and I spent today making new chips for my van. I'm useing Chem 2 and my base program was there ladybug program. I haven't changed much to the base program except fans turn on/off temp and fuel.

The program i have in my van now, allows it to run about 19psi with only a slight breakup on the top end, but the gauge is still reading full rich at wide open throttle. I have my fuel trims reading 12.4:1 at 6psi and 12.77:1 at 20psi. I also am only running 50psi at the fuel pressure regulator. I have similar numbers in my part throttle fuel trim, and I can barely hit 14psi before I'm full rich and getting a rich misfire when I'm about 50% on the throttle.

Any help/tips/prayers would be appreciated,
Joe M

cordes
03-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Ladybug is for a 2.2. Do you have a WBO2? Your task will become much more difficult if you don't.

Joe_Van_Duno
03-29-2008, 08:27 PM
No I don't have a wide band, just the narrow. In chem2 i changed the program to a 2.5. at least i think i did. There was a pull down menu for which engine, and i set it to a 2.5. I just noticed that i get a check engine light when the van shifts to 2nd gear at WOT. I have faults 12 and 33 stored. I haven't looked them up yet.

cordes
03-29-2008, 08:54 PM
If I am not mistaken, adjusting it to 2.5 in chem2 will only adjust the fueling lines. It won't change the timing etc. for the 2.5. You might want to try one of Rob's cals which are posted in the code repository for the 2.5, and your electronics. I would highly recommend getting a WBO2 as soon as you can do so. Getting the vehicle to drive well under all conditions is a stab in the dark otherwise.

BadAssPerformance
03-29-2008, 08:58 PM
... I have my fuel trims reading 12.4:1 at 6psi and 12.77:1 at 20psi.

Any help/tips/prayers would be appreciated,
Joe M

Yikes, thats too lean for my tastes... 11.5:1 is where it is at :thumb:

Good luck Joe!

cordes
03-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Yikes, thats too lean for my tastes... 11.5:1 is where it is at :thumb:

Good luck Joe!

Correct me if I am wrong Joe, but you were referring to what chem2 says it should be to the left of the screen right?

Joe_Van_Duno
03-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Yep, your right cordes, thats what chem 2 says on the left side of the screen, not what my actual values are (I Hope). I've spent the last few min reading up on some widebands, I think I'll get one ordered in the next few days. I have way to much $$$$ into my engine, to have it go boom after only a few runs.

Like JT said, 12.7 is way to lean for actual values, but when I had the turner reading 11.xx it was rich, I just keept backing it out, and this is where I was when I ran out of chips.

cordes
03-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Yep, your right cordes, thats what chem 2 says on the left side of the screen, not what my actual values are (I Hope). I've spent the last few min reading up on some widebands, I think I'll get one ordered in the next few days. I have way to much $$$$ into my engine, to have it go boom after only a few runs.

I have found that those lines have been much richer than my actual readings thus far. This was with the BB60stock cal though, and I obviously have added some VE from what that cal is so that does make sense.

Once you get the WBO2 going, life will get a lot easier.