PDA

View Full Version : What To do with the T-stat when running a DSM style intake?

shelbyplaya
03-28-2008, 12:06 AM
anyone.. i've herd that you can use a DSM (talon/lazer) intake manifold, but what do you do about the t-stat housing?

Speedeuphoria
03-28-2008, 11:08 PM
the PT's had a seperate T-stat housing, it may fit with that intake. Your other option is to put a T-stat in the driver side of the head like the #4 cooling mod on the 8valvers.

inmyshadow
03-29-2008, 07:15 AM
As far as I seen, there are three different thermostat housings from chrysler used on the DOHC head.

As stated, the PT cruiser, 2gen Stratus and SRT4. Both the PT cruiser and stratus are very close. The radiator hose is pointed in the nearly the same way. But the fittings are a tad different. The SRT4 uses an all metal thermostat housing. The radiator hose is angled to the driver's side.

Somewhat related for me. I chopped off the thermostat housing off my 1gen neon dohc manifold. I then used a stratus housing I found in the junkyard. The stratus housing worked alot easier then the PT one. From what the pictures I seen and read about, some of the fittings of the PT cruiser conflicted with the manifold.

Of course, I went through this trouble because I was a using hondata intake gasket. I figured it was best to completely isolate the intake manifold from major heat sources. It worked so good, I can grab the manifold without any pain.

the PT's had a seperate T-stat housing, it may fit with that intake. Your other option is to put a T-stat in the driver side of the head like the #4 cooling mod on the 8valvers.