PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for those RWD Cavaliers!

BadAssPerformance
02-28-2006, 12:17 AM
Well, my POS Dakota and I had our first impromtu stop light duel with one of those RWD Cavaliers tonight... I'm sitting at the light and look over (as I usually do to see whats there, potential race, hot blond, etc) and barely make eye contact with some punk haired kid in a black Cavalier. Look forward, the light turns green, and he jumps on it, I then realize that we're racing and mat the pedal. he got 1/2 car on my out of the hole, then I kept my front bumper even with his side mirror until about 60 when we both had to lift to slow for the next light. I looked over to see if it was a Cavalier, and found out it was a GTO... damn, that explains it! He was probably wondering how a Dakota kept up with him, lol... I gotta find one of them there fancy Cavaliers with the Shadow now! :thumb:

cordes
02-28-2006, 12:19 AM
They heard about you, so the decided to just give up and stop making them.

Mario
02-28-2006, 01:52 AM
haha. My friends say the same thing...that they look similar. That's pretty impressive for your truck. Too bad you don't have a little more power AND were trailering the shelby. That'd be something to video tape!

BadAssPerformance
02-28-2006, 02:04 AM
Thanks... yeah the truck runs 15.00's, with a best of 14.73, but its all in the 1st 1/8 mile before the tool-shed-like aerodynamics take over. Only 183,000 miles on it too :thumb:

Funny thing you should mention the trailering thing... I've won a couple races (nothing fast, just a Windstar minivan, Honda Civic, and some other crap boxes) with the truck bed full of tools & parts and a car on the trailer. Also, right after I put the shift kit and 3.92 gear in, with an empty trailer or just the lightened SDAC-Chicago New Yorker on the trailer, it would still chirp 2nd...

Mario
02-28-2006, 02:59 AM
Sounds pretty decent.

Sorry to get off topic, but is the New Yorker still together? You guys still racing it?

GLHS592
02-28-2006, 08:29 AM
I always thought they looked like RWD Grand Prixes.

BadAssPerformance
02-28-2006, 09:08 AM
Sounds pretty decent.

Sorry to get off topic, but is the New Yorker still together? You guys still racing it?

It's mostly there, in storage. Hasn't really been touched since the Mopar Nats.

BadAssPerformance
02-28-2006, 09:08 AM
I always thought they looked like RWD Grand Prixes.

I can see that too, but maybe its the lack of plastic body cladding that makes me think Cavalier? I saw one racing (and beating) a Camaro from a stoplight once from the side, and at first glance, it looked just like a half-again-bigger Cav, lol.

show-off
02-28-2006, 11:06 AM
So you beat a new GTO w/ your truck? Aren't they mid 13 second cars?

Subliminal
02-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Must have been the 'old' one with the LS1, not the new LS6(?)

Also...I think they look more like Sunfires than anything. ;)

BadAssPerformance
02-28-2006, 01:19 PM
So you beat a new GTO w/ your truck? Aren't they mid 13 second cars?

Dead even to 60mph... I'd guess he would have beat me if we went a full 1/4 as my tool shed slows up in the second 1/8 mile. And yes, an LS-1 car.