PDA

View Full Version : 16v 2.5 sbec cals

bfarroo
03-17-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm not seeing much out there for SBEC modifications let alone 16v ones so I figured I'd put it out there and see what's up. I'm going to be starting tuning on my 91 Daytona 2.5 16v 5spd hybrid this summer and am looking for something to start with. I was hoping for someone with a cal from a running car but I'm betting that it would be a tall order. Shoot me any ideas and I'll go from there. It's going to be a little while yet before the snow clears so I'm just doing some reading for now.

iTurbo
03-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Are you doing a hybrid or a TIII setup? I'm buiding a 2.5L TIII for my SL and will be looking for a cal later this year. I've already converted the car to SBEC. I'm going to need something that works with the TIII cam/crank sensors though.

EDIT: nvmind, read your post too fast. Hopefully Rob or somebody can hook us up. If I can't find a TIII based cal I may just run it on a dist somehow.

cordes
03-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Did you have the head flowed, or do you know what it should flow? That wold give you enough to rough out some VE numbers to help get a base line for the fuel, and you could tune from there.

bfarroo
03-17-2008, 09:23 PM
No idea, it's just a stock neon head cleaned up and gasket matched so the #'s should be out there. I'll be running a 3bar and 72pph injectors also.

cordes
03-17-2008, 10:07 PM
That shouldn't be to bad then. You could get the flow numbers, crunch them, and go from there. Aren't you in the same area as Russ Jerome? Perhaps he could be of some help if that is the case.

Aries_Turbo
03-17-2008, 10:28 PM
i dont think russ used a hybrid specific cal. he had a maxon dual twister and another 8v cal i think.

the 2.5L main fuel tables should be fine (fuelbaselinefrommap, fuelpartthrottle, fuelnothrottle) and just the pumpingefficiency table should be adjusted fuel wise.

for timing, derive a AdvanceFromRPMs and AdvanceFromMapWarmFull and AdvanceFromMapWarmPart from this SRT-4 timing map. id pull the timing back in the upper boost levels on the AdvanceFromMap tables so that the total timing is ~18ish degrees.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/522/aemignmapSRT4-psi.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/522/aemignmapSRT4.jpg

Brian

bfarroo
03-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Russ is about an hour and a half south but yeah he was running a 8v cal for the most part. I think he tried a few options but the Maxon worked the best with it's adjustability. I'll probably have jeff give me a hand getting started and go from there.