PDA

View Full Version : buying an srt-4 tomorrow

boostjunkie_07
03-17-2008, 03:30 PM
me and my wife are buting an srt tomorrow and there are some questions that i have first what kind of hp can the stock clutch hold. second what kind of boost can i get out of the stock injectors. the car comes with some performance parts not sure what they couldnt find the box that the stuff was in but they promised to find it by tomorrow this is an 2005 with 27k that we picked up for 14 i think we got a steal on this thats why we bought it. and any advise would be wonderful looking forward to hear what you guys have to say ill post pics as soon as i can:D

contraption22
03-17-2008, 06:10 PM
The stock clutch can hold up til somewhere under 350hp.

As for how much boost you can get out of the stock injectors... that's a loaded question. Assuming you mean with a stock turbocharger, you can probably run about 15psi max boost at redline with stock injectors. Of course you can run more if you modify the fuel system with a return line and a boost compensating fuel pressure regulator.

These cars are not as easy to tinker with as the old turbo stuff.

It does sound like a good deal you got on the car. The only worries are that it you don't know what modifications are/were on the car and how badly it has been abused.

boostjunkie_07
03-18-2008, 10:44 AM
i got a chance to look at the box full of stuff there is an after market down pipe and the stock air box nothin to amazing. i got the story of the car the car was bought in california by a guy in the army brought it back here got sent over seas and doesnt want to pay for it while hes gone i also got the chance to drive the car and really take a good look at it and have found nothing wrong with this vehicle it was well taken care of and stored for the winter so it has never seen the snow it is in perfect running condition and im going to enjoy driving this car

slasky
03-18-2008, 12:18 PM
I don't know if I would consider $14k a steal; more like the going rate. I bought my 04 new in may of 05 for around $17k with a sunroof.

rich tideswell
03-18-2008, 12:28 PM
first what kind of hp can the stock clutch hold.

it will hold a stage 3 car without issue... ofcourse the more you abuse it/ the more power you're pushin' , the faster it will wear

second what kind of boost can i get out of the stock injectors.

the injectors are designed to support up to stage 1, and some bolt ons which is about 240hp-260hp range or so (i think). anything beyond that and you're begging for a lean condition and a new motor.

boostjunkie_07
03-21-2008, 05:58 PM
well well i know 14k isnt a steal the car books out at like 16.5k but we changed our minds we didnt want an orange one we have desided to buy a blue one so hopefully todaywill be the day wegettin this one for the same price but with more miles about 40k on this one and a year olderbut i can handle that its an srt-4 who cares been waitin to buy one since 2003 when they came out