PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 1987 Shelby charger shell.

TurbododgePirate
03-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Forsale 1987 Shelby charger shell. Rust free. 8 point S&W Racecars rollcage welded in. Currently has no suspension, but will sell as a roller. Doors and dash included.

$300. Paid $500 to have the rollcage welded in. I need the space. Pictures available.

Car located in Southwestern PA. Trades considered.

denviola
03-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Doggone it, you are going to make me drive out there again!
PM your phone number, I want to chat through some details. Give me dibs on this one.
Denny

TurbododgePirate
03-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Info sent. No Dibs, Money talks :)

TurbododgePirate
03-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Let me go over the specifics of this car.

It is a 2 owner 1987 Dodge Shelby charger. If I recall about 62K original miles. The first owner was a woman from Connellsville PA who traveled to Ohiopyle PA every day for work. He hit 5 deer on 5 occasions. On one occasion the deer broke off the pass side front wheel and sent it into the firewall breaking the plastic on the heater core box, and tearing a hole in the floorboards. The pass side fender apron was also bent and the pass side strut tower pulled down about 1/4".

It went to auction when she traded it in, and I picked it up from the back lot of a local dealer in bad disrepair. Flat tires, not running, and plenty of bee nests. I bought it for $300.

I brought it home and read and read and decided to strip it down and redo the car, While stripping it I decided to add a S&W racecars 8 point rollcage. It cost about $120+$500 to get it put in.

The engine bay got a coat of POR 15 as did the entire floorboard. The engine bay also got a coat of POR15 whitecoat.

I was unhappy with the pass side fender apron, and don't have the time or means to fix it, so I bought a 1986 SC and have worked on it (The pink one).

I have Bills to pay, and I need a place to put my pickup. I have a clean title for the car, and a excellent dash from this car. The car has some bondo on the drivers side rear quarter and drivers door. This is from some small dents. No rust.

The $300 is not negotiable. I have no problem cutting this car up with a sawzall, and saving the pieces as spares. To get it rolling I'll steal the rear axle from the GLHS, I'll have to find a K frame somewhere, unless you bring one, that would be easier.

TurbododgePirate
03-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Pics in this thread: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3509&highlight=1987+shelby+charger

TurbododgePirate
03-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Very Available.

mw6886
03-19-2008, 09:12 AM
I am VERY interested. PM please. I am interested in more pics, and exact location. I'm in Ohio.

TurbododgePirate
03-21-2008, 02:39 PM
I am VERY interested. PM please. I am interested in more pics, and exact location. I'm in Ohio.

I PM'd you. I took the pics today, but won't get to upload them until monday.