PDA

View Full Version : 2" IC plumbing?

myplasticegg
02-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Hey guys, I work for a rental store and we had a tent get some wind damage a couple of weeks ago. It bent some of the 2" alum tubing, would it be worth my while to try and get a good bit of it to plumb my minivan? The pipe is straight enough to work, and i have idea of how i want to do it.

2.5, fresh rebuild (haven't fired yet)
prob IC
Garrett TII
A555

I'm not going for anything crazy, just a driver with some pull.

cordes
02-27-2006, 09:21 PM
with the cost of straight al. tubing, I would skip the 2" and run 2.25 or 2.5". It would be a lot better than the 2" and the added cost would be minimal.

IIRC the factory used 2.25.

89ShelbyGuy
02-27-2006, 09:23 PM
It depends on what your going to be running...or, say, how much power..
if its for daily driving and your planing on upgrading in the future when money arrives...then put the 2 inch on, if you planed for power already..go 2.5

I am going 2in right now on my dual core intercooler...i am only gonig to be running 14 psi...so..it should be good enuff till i upgrade to run more boost.

Tom

turbovanmanČ
02-27-2006, 10:04 PM
As mentioned, the Probe IC is restrictive so sure, run the 2.0 inch aluminium, especially if its free. When you upgrade later, you can redo the tubing.

cordes
02-27-2006, 10:13 PM
As mentioned, the Probe IC is restrictive so sure, run the 2.0 inch aluminium, especially if its free. When you upgrade later, you can redo the tubing.

If you are only getting the striaght sections for free, why buy the rest in the same dia?

I purchased 2 90* al elbows off of ebay for what it cost to do the straight sections in my omni wih about 4ft. left over. It is the silicone couplers, and bends that will do you in when putting together a piping system, not the cost of a couple of feet of straight al pipe.

If you just buy standard wall thickness pipe, it will be dirt cheap and you wont have to spend all the money again when by having to purchase all new conectors and bends.