PDA

View Full Version : srt-4 van

TURBO?
03-16-2008, 02:27 PM
I have been searching everywhere and cant find anything on 2.4 turbo engine swapped into a 3rd gen van, I know about the 2nd gen one thats on here but im looking for the 3rd gen, cant beleive no one has done it since you can get them with a 2.4

turbovanmanČ
03-16-2008, 02:36 PM
No ones done it yet as far as I know. It would be fairly easy engine wise but the electronics would be a PITA and also it would depend on what trans you want to run. You would have to either rewire and run the SRT electronics, or if possible, reprogram the stock computer or run standalone.

TURBO?
03-16-2008, 02:47 PM
is it easier to swap an srt4 engine into an older van?

turbovanmanČ
03-16-2008, 03:19 PM
is it easier to swap an srt4 engine into an older van?

1st and 2nd Gen, it can be done, you just need to make custom mounts. OhioRob has done it and is using the stock wiring harness and computer to run it with a custom cal. He mounted the dist on the side of the head.

Dave
03-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Rob's van is fun. :nod:

Devsdaytona
03-22-2008, 05:07 AM
1st and 2nd gen look better, 3rd gens are ugly

ATaylorRacing
03-22-2008, 07:13 AM
And heavier!

BadAssPerformance
03-22-2008, 10:27 AM
+1 to the heavier part Angelo!

No one has done a 3rd gen thaty I've seen, but it should be easy as the mounts and everything are already avaialble.

Big_P
03-27-2008, 09:00 PM
I've seen nitrous on a 3rd gen van, but that's about it.

glht_omni
08-05-2008, 01:21 AM
i thought about this about a year or so ago.
basically it will bolt up, but the skim key and electronics would be the hardest part of the swap, not to mention the vans were autos and srt4 is manual, so there is another hurdle.

of course it can be done, but it is work and money, there is a young guy running around here with a srt4 in a tc wagon, dash, suspension, brakes and all, very sick swap.

Keito
08-05-2008, 07:27 AM
i thought about this about a year or so ago.
basically it will bolt up, but the skim key and electronics would be the hardest part of the swap, not to mention the vans were autos and srt4 is manual, so there is another hurdle.

of course it can be done, but it is work and money, there is a young guy running around here with a srt4 in a tc wagon, dash, suspension, brakes and all, very sick swap.

For the trans, I think Rob used a manual valve body in his auto.

Vigo
08-05-2008, 08:13 AM
well for the trans why not just leave it auto.. stock 3rd gen 2.4s are 413 3 spds, easy! Just swap a flexplate onto the motor and go.

I think clearance and everything would be ok as well, but as said you'd pretty much have to run it on some kind of standalone.. although i believe theres a guy on here, think mario03srt who works with something that can get into late 90s dodge computers, might check with him and see if you can load something useable into the stock computer.

WVRampage
08-05-2008, 08:09 PM
There is the gt cruiser with the auto that Im sure could be beefed up.

turbovanmanČ
08-05-2008, 08:28 PM
I dont' think it would be that hard, running an auto would be easy.

If my van got written off, I might go that route.

Vigo
08-06-2008, 08:30 AM
the turbo pt's run 604s which need a lot of electronics to run. i like them, but they are hard to swap.

turbovanmanČ
08-06-2008, 01:42 PM
the turbo pt's run 604s which need a lot of electronics to run. i like them, but they are hard to swap.

Just run a 3 speed, :nod:

smokinsrt
08-06-2008, 04:55 PM
I use to have an srt now I have Robs auto srt mini theres nothing wrong with having an auto. Just as much fun as having a manual, just not as much to do when your driving and great for holding boost. I've been looking to get a larger turbo so see how much the tranny will hold but so far since I've got it I've put prolly over 1500 miles plus what Rob put on it and its fine and its been ran hard.

turbovanmanČ
08-06-2008, 05:16 PM
I use to have an srt now I have Robs auto srt mini theres nothing wrong with having an auto. Just as much fun as having a manual, just not as much to do when your driving and great for holding boost. I've been looking to get a larger turbo so see how much the tranny will hold but so far since I've got it I've put prolly over 1500 miles plus what Rob put on it and its fine and its been ran hard.

They hold lots of power if built correctly, see sig for what I am abusing my trans with, :amen:

Aries_Turbo
08-06-2008, 06:28 PM
the electronics would be the hardest part of making a srt powered 3g van.

i wish someone came out with a software package that could reflash or rechip the 96-2002 stuff. man would it be easy to make turbo neons and vans and cloud cars and things like that. no swapping the stock ecu and injectors and stuff back in to get the car to pass obd2 port reads. ugh.

Brian

Vigo
08-06-2008, 07:27 PM
No kidding. There is so much untapped potential in 93-up fwd dodges thats just waiting for a cheap way to modify the stock ecu tune.

i just parted out and scrapped my former 97 3.5 intrepid. If there was an easy way for me to get into the electronics, i would have fixed it instead.. im convinced that thing was 500 rpm and a bunch of timing advance from running 14s full weight in an n/a v6 fwd full-size sedan. sigh..:(

glht_omni
08-06-2008, 07:44 PM
i think bg chrysler is or was playing with the newer ecu's and may be able to program one.

a 5th gen would be even better, stow and go and the sliding doors windows roll straight down FTW.

3rd gen:
heavy...yes
dual sliding doors.....yes
better looking inside and out.....yes
more aerodynamic.....hell yes
that should make up for the weight gain and if not, i know a huge turbo and devils own kit will, lol.

turbovanmanČ
08-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Call me crazy but I really like the new vans, they've gone back to boxy, :thumb:

glht_omni
08-06-2008, 08:24 PM
i didnt even know the sliding doors windows rolled all the way down untill yesterday at a red light.
that feature alone is enough to for me to consider leasing/buying one, not to mention the card table, cooler, stow and go, etc, lol.

MNmopar
08-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Um, are you guys actually debating which mini van looks "coolest"???:p

smokinsrt
08-06-2008, 09:09 PM
You don't know cool until you drive a van. I dumped a ---- load in my srt to make it stand out and do it up and I have more fun in the van. Nothing like the looks you get when you spool up next to someone or blow their doors off. Not to mention all the room.

turbovanmanČ
08-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Um, are you guys actually debating which mini van looks "coolest"???:p

Mmmmmm, yeah, hello, :eyebrows:

glht_omni
08-06-2008, 09:40 PM
the van gods are going to curse you for talking down on the people movers.

i have owned 5 turbo vans, one 97 caravan and 2 fullsize conversions, i will buy another turbo van before winter hits.

Aries_Turbo
08-06-2008, 10:44 PM
there were guys working on the neon ecu a few years ago but they got hassled by chrysler then. i bet they wouldnt care now.

Brian

MNmopar
08-06-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm just messing with you guys:D

If I had kids to haul around I could definitely see the advantages of a turbo van. Especially since you could talk the wife into buying parts and upgrades a lot easier I bet!

Seriously, a nice turbo van would be very cool, in fact I saw one on the forum that had a 16v t3 engine in it and that was very cool!

I can see the fun in smoking someone in a van for sure, just like I would love a woody town and country wagon with a kick --- engine too... Man I would love one of those...:nod:

glht_omni
08-07-2008, 12:33 AM
robert paul just sold his t3 van and the srt4 van as mentioned.
brad p has a woody tc wagon that was running low 14's at milan in june!

i bought my gf her first car...a maroon turbo van, the head gasket blew and we secretly threw on a t2 turbo and ic along with a grainger set to 14psi. the next day she was like wtf? all it does is smoke the tires. later in that week i cut the cat off causing a 2.5" dump and raced a ws6 and hung with him till 65mph from a red light, lol.

i had a buddy who installed 3 removeable sunroofs in a 88 tbi van with 4 15" subs, lol.

Keito
08-07-2008, 07:18 AM
there were guys working on the neon ecu a few years ago but they got hassled by chrysler then. i bet they wouldnt care now.

Brian

http://www.bgchrysler.com/

mario03SRT
08-07-2008, 07:53 AM
If you can take a 95/99 Neon N/A car and put on a SRT turbo on it and run it with out a "turbo" ecu tune it can be done on a 2.4 Mini/Stratus/Avenger etc. Several have been done in the area and I helped Dunny on one.

- walbro 255 fuel pump
- AOBE/Over boost eliminator (4.6v Map clamp) and stock 1 bar map
- Mopar Stage 1 injectors or maybe a set of Ford Racing/Accell 24 lb injs
- Stock SRT turbofold and DP
- fmic
- 1 to 1 adj fuel pressure reg and 12/14 psi of base fuel pressure
- MBC
- safcII (not an absolute necessity)
- oil and coolant lines

On the stock internals it ran 12 psi and 13.1 ET, now with forged internals and a megasquirt 420 kit it is doing 20 psi!!!! And will dip into the 11's.

FYI,
Marion

Aries_Turbo
08-07-2008, 10:50 AM
bg doesnt do neon tunes and i want to a diy setup.

no way would i want to do rrr's and stuff like that. i am an ecm man, not a 90's turbo hack man ;)

Brian

Vigo
08-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Im a fan of the 3g vans fo sho.

actually, i have one, if anyones interested.. put it on craigslist a few days ago...

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/784868381.html

I was gonna stick an m90 i have on top and go for that but ive come to the very difficult decision that i need to downsize the fleet drastically and take the money and run..

My tbi/523 van is honestly the shiznit to me. Its crazy reliable, comfortable, roomy, and ive gotten up to 33 mpg in it :love:

Ive got the parts for a basic turbo swap.... harness/ecu, t2 style garrett, probe ic, a 1 and a 2piece intake, downpipe, etc.. but im reluctant to take the thing apart cuz its so cool as it is! seriously! Vans ROCK!

turbovanmanČ
08-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Yep, vans rock, I seriously miss mine, :censored: machine shop. I'd be driving it now if they had done there job, aholes. :mad:

glht_omni
08-13-2008, 01:16 AM
rockin vans??? then you are going to want to turbo this sucker simon, http://detroit.craigslist.org/cto/791227790.html
thats right up your alley, blows away the john deere van.

Vigo
08-13-2008, 08:32 AM
uh.... wow. :lol:

turbovanmanČ
08-13-2008, 03:30 PM
rockin vans??? then you are going to want to turbo this sucker simon, http://detroit.craigslist.org/cto/791227790.html
thats right up your alley, blows away the john deere van.

If you were close enough, I'd kick you in the nuts, :confused: :eyebrows::lol:

That is ONE rocking van for sure, Pimp Daddy, :hail:

glht_omni
08-14-2008, 12:14 AM
LOL!:lol: you had your chance for that when i invited you to come to sdac 18, even offered to loan you my r/t at the drag strip as an incentive for flying out.

i laughed my --- off, seen $3500 caravan and had to see what the price gouge was for, thats like my buddy who put 3 sunroofs in his and built black carpet covered walls in the back over the windows and hatch with shag floor and ceiling and 4 12" subs......"the luv-makin machine"....."if this vans a rockin, dont come a knockin":nod: