PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know?!?!

GLHNSLHT2
02-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Anyone know what color restrictors are in the 88 T1 boost control line?? There's a Red one in 89 and I'm assuming the same red one is in 88 in the same spot. But looking at the vac diagram yesterday I see there's a 2nd one in 88. I need to know what color it is or a size would be great too.

Thanks,

daytonajesse
02-28-2006, 06:50 PM
The one in both my 88 T1's were orange

GLHNSLHT2
02-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Orange!??! Oh great, I've never ever seen an orange one. So one is orange and one is Red???

Well looks like I'm back to the wild goose chase of trying to find an 88 T1 again for yet another part. Thanks.

altered7151
03-01-2006, 01:09 AM
I'm almost positive that the hole is either .025" or .030". I know people have used mig welding tips in place of the restrictor.

GLHNSLHT2
03-01-2006, 01:42 AM
restrictors are all different sizes depending on color ranging anywhere from .045ish to .012. They use different sizes for different reasons. They're based on color in the dodge cars. I've never seen an orange one though and trying to figure out what 2 restrictors the 88 T1 uses in it's boost control line.

butchsuppe
03-01-2006, 02:48 AM
Grainer valves are brass colored + totally bitchin

GLHNSLHT2
03-03-2006, 01:06 AM
WTF?!?! Not sure what you mean by that. I currently use a grainger, but am trying to setup an 88 T1 boost control setup so I can run my 89 T1 3 bar, +40, switchable boost, 2 step rev limter program. I like the grainger but I'd like to play around with this setup for a while.

rbryant
03-03-2006, 05:20 PM
The size doesn't matter that much. The difference is the size of the boost spike before the wastegate can control the boost. There are restrictors in the "help" section of autoparts stores aswell.

The smaller the restrictor the larger the spike. So if you use no restrictor you will have a slower boost response... The SCs seem to come with yellow restrictors in the wastegate line. I don't know what size they are... I have used two in parallel to get a faster boost response. Of course this was on a car that had all rubber lines rather than those crappy hard lines that it came with.

It is similar to the shim your wastegate trick because it doesn't allow your wastegate to open as fast by starving it's air supply which ultimately presses against the spring to open it.

One other thing comes to mind when people mention red restrictors... The restrictor in the evap/purge system is red so don't confuse that one (I think it is in a larger diameter line than the wastegate one so it should be obvious).

Like everything else restrictor size is for fine tuning and your preference/application ultimately govern what is optimal for you.

-Rich

GLHNSLHT2
03-03-2006, 11:28 PM
I know how a restrictor works. I just want to know the color and size of the factory ones in an 88 T1 setup. I want it exactly like stock so I can rule out my vacuum setup and hopefully get the code in the program to work if it's just like stock. If the vac setup is right I can go on to other things to diagnose this problem.

daytonajesse
03-04-2006, 04:22 PM
I took a picture of mine for you, it's hooked up to my grainger now, but it is the one that was factory.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/514000-514999/514089_16_full.jpg