PDA

View Full Version : DC Intercooled Suck-Through Performance

glhs399
03-13-2008, 01:02 AM
I've started building the engine for my 85 GLHT rally car project. It's been around 5 years since I have worked on any thing suck-through and I putting on a DC intercooler kit and have a few questions.

Is there anyone out there that still sells the bored 46mm TB for the suck through cars?

The logs intakes are only good to about 12psi, how much boost can I run through the DC intake?

Does anyone have the DC intercooler kit install instructions?

Here is a current list of parts that are going together for this engine. Help me out with some suggestions to the list.

85 Block rebuilt .020
85 T1 Rods
Stock Pistons
Crank Scrapper
Oil Pan Baffel Setup

Rebuilt Head with 1mm+
88 TBI Cam
Adjustable Cam Gear
DC Intercooler Kit
Ported T2 Exhaust Manifold
Stock T1 Rebuilt Garrett 3" Swingvalve
3" Exhaust

Custom Air Intake
4 wire O2
Underdrive Crank Pulley
DC Top Mount logic Module

4 l-bodies
03-18-2008, 02:15 AM
Doug,
I have a 85 GLHT with a Spearco intercooler system on it. There are some pics of the setup somewhere on this forum. BTW- I have run much more than 12 PSI on the log manifold although it has been modified.
I have basically owed this car since new and tweaked it over about a ten year period. The car has run a best MPH of 111 and has always been at least 106+ since early 1988. They can run, but are more difficult to tune.

And yes, I have the DC intercooler instruction/installation manual. Send me a email address and I will scan it over to you.

The last I heard, I believe Keith Alto had access to making 46MM pull through throttle bodies.

I found the DC intercooler computer to run very, very rich, and it seemed to have a lazy spark advance. My car slowed up over half second using it. Sort of reminded me of the stock "sloped curve" GLHS module. Icky, poohy.:yuck:

Todd Nelson

MiniMopar
03-18-2008, 02:47 AM
I think the intake manifold is likely to be a source for efficiency concerns. The calibration swaps the fueling bias to give more fuel to 1/2 rather than to 3/4 on the stock setup.

I know Cindy mentioned to me some years ago that she has someone that can bore the stock TB to 46mm.

Spraynlog
03-27-2008, 07:48 AM
Doug,

I saw you last year at PIR late night drags. I'm running a suck thru log setup at 15 PSI of boost. I have a probe intercooler mounted by the transaxle.
I don't think you need to limit yourself to 12 PSI.

FWD sells a stage 3 calibration for the log intake if the DC cal isn't OK.