PDA

View Full Version : need help now for g-valve install

kenderlein24
03-11-2008, 07:01 PM
i just got my g-vavle boost controller and i know this is sad but im not exactly sure where to put it in at. the instructions i got look hand drawn. it says to put it inbetween the intake manifold and wastgate actuator. but there are a lot of vaccum lines. there is one line that come out the wastgate and it Ts then goes to the intake. is this where i should install it? if anyone has pictures that would be great. o i have a 89 dodge shadow with a 2.5L and a misti turbo.

Murphy
03-11-2008, 08:24 PM
put it between the T and the WG

side with the pinhole in it goes on the WG side

kenderlein24
03-11-2008, 10:40 PM
so i put it on the same tube as the wastegate? i have it installed right now and got it dialed in at 12 pounds but i put it on the tube that goes to the intake not the wastegate actuator.

Anonymous_User
03-12-2008, 01:18 AM
http://www.gusmahon.org/html/boostcontrol.htm

kenderlein24
03-12-2008, 02:41 PM
yea i had it on the wrong line i know where to put it now but the vacumm line is too large to fit snuggle on the g-valve. is it ok to get smaller vacumm lines or should i find som way to clamp it?

RJ138
03-12-2008, 02:50 PM
yea i had it on the wrong line i know where to put it now but the vacumm line is too large to fit snuggle on the g-valve. is it ok to get smaller vacumm lines or should i find som way to clamp it?

You can get a reducer to change the size of vac line.

JDAWG
03-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Disconnect the lines from the stock wg solenoid, leave them plugged in though, the electrical plugs. Plug any line where vacuum could leak if you had to remove any lines. Run a new line from the nipple on your compressor housing to the gvalve, then to the wastegate. Well if you do have a nipple there of course, if not you may have to find another source of vaccuum.

Marcus86GLHS
03-12-2008, 04:04 PM
"..........there is one line that come out the wastgate and it Ts then goes to the intake......."

a T-fitting in the wastegate actuator line? i cannot think of any reason to have a T-fitting in this line except for maybe to operate a boost gauge.....is that what the T is for?

kenderlein24
03-12-2008, 10:26 PM
im not sure. i haven't followed the house to see where it goes. i know it connets to a hard line about 4 inches away then it follows the intake for awhile then i lose where it goes. i have it set up right now. she runs great couldn't be happier. thanks for all the help.

ke6960
03-13-2008, 07:34 AM
the stock vacuum line to the wastegate goes to a solenoid on the pass side of the engine bay you need to disconnect it from that and t it into the vacuum system somewhere near the intake or hook it to the nipple on the compressor housing, one will read the boost in the turbo the other will read it at the intake manifold.... technically there could be a difference in pressure between them

skitzo_inc
03-13-2008, 08:05 PM
I'll be doing this in about three days...debating on the blow off valve I have just sitting around too...not sure if 7PSI is worth a blow off valve. (?)

jl93sundance
03-13-2008, 09:25 PM
I'll be doing this in about three days...debating on the blow off valve I have just sitting around too...not sure if 7PSI is worth a blow off valve. (?)

If you are going to be putting in a g-valve you are going to be running more boost, right?

skitzo_inc
03-13-2008, 11:08 PM
I might. I'm not sure, yet. I don't want to hurt my motor AT ALL. Just got rebuilt, and I don't have the money laying around to rebuild again.

kenderlein24
03-14-2008, 12:41 AM
well i ran 12 and a half pounds of boost and it worked fine. im running it at 11 now for the third day and she runs great. the bov actually makes noise now. haha i love it.