PDA

View Full Version : water vapor injection

Xtrempickup
03-07-2008, 04:27 PM
So i got into a discussion with a contractor at work today about injecting diff chemicals and water into motors to get better gas mileage. so far he has a very tiny homemade system on his 350Vortec chevy that he is running water vapor and seeing a 3-5 mpg increase overall in his gas mileage. small system of a mason jar with water in in, a lid with a brass fitting on it, a hose teed into his pcv valve line at the valve cover and inside the jar with water a tiny air stone that a fish filter is making bubble. this is what is getting him his increase. i tell you, sometimes i dont know how easy some things might be to make a difference. he came in for acetone and xylene to mix because supposedly a little bit actually will increase the MPG even further. for diesels he is doing veggie oil and hydrogen injection. i cant wait to see this thing if it does anything

Murphy
03-07-2008, 04:40 PM
acetone in your gas is soposed to give some mpg increases

is it something like this?

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/water.JPG

Xtrempickup
03-07-2008, 04:57 PM
no its something like i said, but same principal, but he is doing just water at the moment

Turbodave
03-07-2008, 05:29 PM
My experiments with acetone a few years ago resulted in no change in mpg, this was in my turbo minivan.

Aries_Turbo
03-14-2008, 06:02 PM
anything that makes the O2 sensor read "rich" is going to make the ecu lean out the gasoline.

i would think a small op-amp circuit would work the best. any signal that comes out of the O2 sensor, raise by .02 volts or something like that. you need a very small gain. increase it till the car runs bad from being too lean and back off a little. keep an eye on knock and egts and you should see some good gains in MPG. WOT should be unaffected.

Brian