PDA

View Full Version : Reuseable auto tranny pan gasket & filter part numbers

John B
03-06-2008, 06:04 AM
Does anyone know the part number of the re-useable 413 pan gasket? :confused2:

contraption22
03-06-2008, 09:28 AM
I used to have it. It's not in the Chrysler EPC. I just looked.

JDAWG
03-06-2008, 09:44 AM
I used to have it. It's not in the Chrysler EPC. I just looked.

It came out on a TSB so it wouldnt be in the catalog

**1 05011113AA Gasket, Transmission Oil Pan, 31TH**
**1 05011114AA Gasket, Transmission Oil Pan, 42LE**
1 05011115AA Transmission Oil Pan, 41TE/AE

John B
03-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Great! Thanks!!:D

contraption22
03-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Deserves a sticky.
Thanks JDAWG!

Clay
03-06-2008, 11:53 AM
mike - your a mod....... stick away!

turbovanmanČ
03-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Its in my faq's that Frank refuses to publish, with a ton of other info. :confused2:

I give up.

Frank
03-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Its in my faq's that Frank refuses to publish, with a ton of other info. :confused2:

I give up.

I have no FAQ writeups awaiting approval....

turbovanmanČ
03-06-2008, 05:06 PM
I have no FAQ writeups awaiting approval....

You just don't get it and never will. Peace.

Frank
03-06-2008, 08:07 PM
You just don't get it and never will. Peace.

Ya ok, whatever. Just because you don't want to do whatever one else is capable of doesn't mean you need to be spiteful. If you want things in the FAQ, you know what to do.

turbovanmanČ
04-18-2008, 11:24 PM
So its ok to sticky info I've been asking to do for years? WTF, you make zero sense. I am glad I have no part of it anymore.

dodgeman87
04-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey,
This might be dumb, but why are there three different part numbers listed for the reuseable gasket. And i might as well ask. Which one for a '89 Lebaron GTS with turbo & automatic ?

fleckster
04-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Those are three different transmissions, hence three different numbers. I'll convert it and make it so it's easy to see and understand:

05011113AA Gasket, Transmission Oil Pan, 31TH <--- This is the A-413 (31TH is the new number designation; 3 speeds, 1 torque rating, Transverse mounted (aka FWD), and Hydraulic valve body control)

05011114AA Gasket, Transmission Oil Pan, 42LE <--- This is the A-606 (the LH car automatic; 4 speeds, 2 torque rating, Longitudinally mounted (as in the LH cars), and Electronic valve body control)

05011115AA Gasket, Transmission Oil Pan, 41TE <--- This is the A-604 (aka Ultradrive) used in all the other FWD OD applications until the new 6 speed auto, which is even based on it came out in 2007; 4 speeds, 1 torque rating, Transverse mounted (aka FWD), and Electronic valve body control)

4269649 Filter, Transmission Pan, 31TH <--- This is the Mopar part number for an A-413/A-404/31TH transaxle pan filter.

For your stated application in your '89 LeBaron GTS, you have the 31TH so you want 05011113AA.

ShadowFromHell
11-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Are these dealer part numbers? Is there a reusable gasket that can be bought from a napa or autozone?

turbovanmanČ
11-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Dealer only.

minigts
11-02-2015, 11:47 AM
Good grief old thread, but are these part numbers still available or does anyone have an opinion on a gasket for the 1987 Lancer 3 speed auto trans? Doing maintenance on the car and want to check this off the list.

A.J.
11-03-2015, 01:37 AM
Good grief old thread, but are these part numbers still available or does anyone have an opinion on a gasket for the 1987 Lancer 3 speed auto trans? Doing maintenance on the car and want to check this off the list.

I bought that gasket and for the price it's too flimsy. I just use the rubber one that comes with the aftermarket filter kit. If you get a kit and it has cork ask for a different brand. There's no reason to use cork in 2015. I wouldn't use one on a customers car but since I'm under my van often and do my own oil changes, it's nothing to give the bolts (or in my case nuts because I have studs) a twist to keep it from leaking. I pull my pan too often to use silicone.

135sohc
11-03-2015, 01:17 PM
Is it metal or plastic for the Chrysler gasket ?

Vigo
11-03-2015, 09:25 PM
The ones i have are metal backing. I don't have a problem with them but they don't seem as great as a factory ford trans pan gasket. Those are kind of my gold standard.

135sohc
11-04-2015, 01:10 PM
The ones I got for the 42LE are a metal shim with a sealing bead on the inside edge. Not as nice as the 727/904 gaskets for sure. Ford I believe even goes as far as stamping the inside bottom of the pan 'this gasket is reusable' or something like that. They also include a drain plug. Two things that Chrysler would never have the intelligence to do :banghead:

minigts
05-13-2016, 10:34 AM
Looking at Rock Auto for the filter, WIX, Hastings, ATP? Any of these will be good? Anyone had experience with a particular brand or should I just go to the dealer and order theirs? Does the dealer sell the one with the reusable gasket and how important is that? I can't imagine I would be pulling that pan enough to worry about using a reusable gasket. New to the autos and this type of maintenance, so any advice is appreciated.

A.J.
05-13-2016, 02:23 PM
Looking at Rock Auto for the filter, WIX, Hastings, ATP? Any of these will be good? Anyone had experience with a particular brand or should I just go to the dealer and order theirs? Does the dealer sell the one with the reusable gasket and how important is that? I can't imagine I would be pulling that pan enough to worry about using a reusable gasket. New to the autos and this type of maintenance, so any advice is appreciated.

The factory uses RTV for the pan gasket. The reusable gasket is pricey and RTV is cheap so the dealer isn't going to install the reusable gasket. I prefer Wix products. The dealer is going to go with the cheapest supplier so you don't know what you're getting.

minigts
05-13-2016, 02:34 PM
That's what I wanted to know. I've heard of WIX, heard good things and figured if I can get it from RA for a decent price and get a good product, I'm in good shape. Thanks AJ!

dodgeman87
05-20-2016, 02:02 PM
I use Wix # 51085 for both my '87 SL & '89 Lebaron GTS and it fits my wife's '03 T&C. It's a little bigger and requires you to cut the plastic connector ( on the H body ) around one of the terminals on the alternator. Rock Auto offers a deal if you buy twelve (12) filters at one time. Also I like the reusable tranny gasket on my H bodies.

minigts
05-24-2016, 10:05 AM
Got the filter, but what about fluid? Any brands recommended? I don't plan to get Coastal unless someone says so otherwise, but not sure who makes good ATF that has "all the right stuff". Assuming there are some additives in it. BTW, what is the filter change frequency? I've put 30K on the car since I got it and no telling when the filter was changed last.

135sohc
05-24-2016, 12:35 PM
I use Walmart +4 in anything requiring it. For something being sold as "ATF +4" its all supposed to meet the same standards no matter who's name is on the bottle.

2.216VTurbo
05-24-2016, 01:08 PM
I'm gonna do a trans service on my daughter's 90 TBI LeBaron when I get home from a biz trip to Denver this weekend. I went with parts store gasket because I was in a hurry and was planning to get it done BEFORE my trip. Ooops. You're gonna flush all the old fluid from the convertor right JT? Also I use the +$ fluid but like to mix in 2-3 quarts of "Trick shift" that I buy a case at a time from Jegs. The 928 actually seemed to pick up power from a complete flush and some Trick Shift when I did it last year.

minigts
05-24-2016, 01:55 PM
I'll have to look at the service manual and see what the process is I'd like to, yes and if it's something I can do at home I will. I have an 89 service manual, assuming that will show the process? Also have 85 manuals.

2.216VTurbo
05-24-2016, 09:35 PM
No, shade tree mechanic trick, easiest with two people. You use the pump in the trans to flush the system completely(otherwise you only get 4 quarts out instead of 10) Change filter and pan gasket then refill the 3 quarts you lost plus overfill 2 more. Take the trans cooler line loose on the pressure side and extend the hose with some clear PVC tube from home depot(so you can see and monitor the COLOR of the fluid coming out) After your extended hose is put into an appropriate receptacle l(I use and old glass sparklettes water jug) start the motor and watch the color and amount flowing out, careful, it will flow FAST! Get three or so quarts out then shut it down and fill 3 more plus one overfill. Do that twice and the fluid will be coming thru the clear hose fresh and new:thumb: My Brother taught me this trick that he learned working on RV transmissions. Those things would take like 20 quarts for a complete flush. A couple quarts of Trick Shift makes me happy. Who knows if the trans cares:lol:

turbovanmanČ
05-27-2016, 02:14 PM
I use the gasket that comes in the box on customer cars, doesn't leak and no worrying about RTV sealing with oil dripping down.

Don't forget to adjust the bands when doing a service, the outside one not a big deal but the inside one obviously needs the pan dropped.

2.216VTurbo
05-27-2016, 03:38 PM
I use the gasket that comes in the box on customer cars, doesn't leak and no worrying about RTV sealing with oil dripping down.

Don't forget to adjust the bands when doing a service, the outside one not a big deal but the inside one obviously needs the pan dropped.

Yeah, I'm not very auto trans literate Simon, is tightening the bands easy, what's the process, special tools? I don't think my daughters car makes enough power to have ever any flare or slip but if it's easy to do while the pan is off...

turbovanmanČ
05-27-2016, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I'm not very auto trans literate Simon, is tightening the bands easy, what's the process, special tools? I don't think my daughters car makes enough power to have ever any flare or slip but if it's easy to do while the pan is off...

The outside one, just back off the 18mm nut, tighten the center bolt with an 8mm socket snug, then back off 1.5 turns, hold it and tighten the nut. Internal band, you are supposed to use a torque wrench but I got good at feeling the correct adjustment.

2.216VTurbo
05-27-2016, 07:25 PM
Kewl thanks. So if I *were* to break out the torque wrench, do you know the spec?

turbovanmanČ
05-28-2016, 03:29 PM
Kewl thanks. So if I *were* to break out the torque wrench, do you know the spec?

41 inch/lbs, then back off 3.5 turns.

2.216VTurbo
05-28-2016, 10:58 PM
41 inch/lbs, then back off 3.5 turns.

Thanks. I spent 4 hours on VC gasket, disassembling TB and replacing the AIS motor today. Some DipSh!t mechanic tried to make a TBI VC gasket outta just RTV. it didn't work. Nice and leak free now and runs 100% better. I'll tackle the trans flush/band adjust and balance shaft delete next weekend:thumb: TBI cars need every HP they can get!:o