PDA

View Full Version : 2.2 Turbo1

skitzo_inc
03-02-2008, 04:48 PM
For some odd reason, when I accelerate in my Charger, it often cuts out and the motor dies. I'm almost positive it's the fuel filter, because when it starts back up (right away) it revs all the way to the redline with no problem, breaks the tires loose, and smokes almost anything on the street. (Other than my roommates EVO...-------) Would this only be the fuel filter? I'm changing it out today, but not sure if that's the issue. It has a brand new fuel pump, fuel tank, motor, turbo, and a rebuilt tranny with less than 500 miles on the motor and tranny? Could this be anything else?
Thanks in advance!

skitzo_inc
03-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Also, the RPM gauge works on and off? Is there any easy fix on that? Or just buy a super tiny one and put it next to the dash, above the CD player?

Thanks!

cordes
03-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Do you have a boost gauge in the car? Perhaps it is over boosting?

skitzo_inc
03-02-2008, 05:28 PM
I don't have a boost gauge currently, not one stock, but I'm getting one out of my next check. Did these cars overboost? What happens when it overboosts? I apologize, but I know almost nothing about these cars, just that they are full of God and win.

cordes
03-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Overboost is when the car goes about 14.7 PSI. The computer will pull the fuel out and it feels like hitting a wall from what I hear.

skitzo_inc
03-02-2008, 05:33 PM
That's basically what happens. I'm at work now, but I get off in about an hour and a half, changing out the fuel filter, gonna take it for a test run in the rain to see how it runs.

skitzo_inc
03-03-2008, 02:08 AM
I changed out the fuel filter, put a pint of Sea-Foam into the gas tank, filled her up (it's nice filling up with 30 dollars and being able to go more than 150 miles...) and drove around for about ten miles. It seems like everything is fixed. It has more gas pressure, that's for sure. It's boosting a lot better now and I can peg 85 in 3rd, so I think that fixed it.

We can hope, anyway...