PDA

View Full Version : BSX progress....

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

turbo2point2
05-19-2009, 06:24 AM
Thanks for the pics and vids Carroll:thumb: It was a good time:D

Reeves
05-19-2009, 08:12 AM
I haven't watched the videos yet (at work and at my new desk job), but congrats on the good runs!

The car is looking really really good!

How well did the cold air intake work for you?

Do you not run a BOV because you are afraid of it leaking, or don't like the sound, or ?? How do you let out at the big end, just nice and easy, or foot off the pedal?

cordes
05-19-2009, 10:47 AM
That car is looking and sounding unbelievably good.

contraption22
05-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Looks badass, Brian. Wish I could have been there.

turbo2point2
05-19-2009, 12:21 PM
I haven't watched the videos yet (at work and at my new desk job), but congrats on the good runs!

The car is looking really really good!

How well did the cold air intake work for you?

Do you not run a BOV because you are afraid of it leaking, or don't like the sound, or ?? How do you let out at the big end, just nice and easy, or foot off the pedal?

Thanks James. The intake worked out well, I think, it threw my a/f ratio off quite a bit. As Carroll mentioned, I was doing some tuning this was to try and correct the leaner condition. As for the BOV, foot off at the top end. I used one when the car was first put together but the pipe split while on the dyno. Since then I never felt the need, but since hearing the video of this past weekend I am considering putting it back on. Plus, it will keep Carroll off my back:D

turbo2point2
05-19-2009, 12:24 PM
That car is looking and sounding unbelievably good.

Looks badass, Brian. Wish I could have been there.

Thanks Guys!! I am hoping the weather stays nice for the weekend. This is probably the last time I can get out before SDAC. So I need to get this thing in the 25+ psi range.

Reeves
05-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks James. The intake worked out well, I think, it threw my a/f ratio off quite a bit. As Carroll mentioned, I was doing some tuning this was to try and correct the leaner condition. As for the BOV, foot off at the top end. I used one when the car was first put together but the pipe split while on the dyno. Since then I never felt the need, but since hearing the video of this past weekend I am considering putting it back on. Plus, it will keep Carroll off my back:D

What kind of BOV were you using before?

I was thinking of getting the HKS *style* from this company:
www.siliconeintakes.com

I know it's a chinese knock off, but figured I could probably rework it if need be.

Thanks Guys!! I am hoping the weather stays nice for the weekend. This is probably the last time I can get out before SDAC. So I need to get this thing in the 25+ psi range.

:lol::clap:

Reaper1
05-19-2009, 01:37 PM
That thing plain gets it top end!! WOW!

It's so well put together and thought out...makes me jealous! :thumb:

rx2mazda
05-19-2009, 01:43 PM

:whip: LMAO!!

cordes
05-19-2009, 02:12 PM
What kind of BOV were you using before?

I was thinking of getting the HKS *style* from this company:
www.siliconeintakes.com

I know it's a chinese knock off, but figured I could probably rework it if need be.

:lol::clap:

Wow, those things don't cost much more than what I paid for just the flange for mine.

Reeves
05-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Wow, those things don't cost much more than what I paid for just the flange for mine.

Bad part is that the flange that comes with it is steel. I need aluminum.

cordes
05-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Bad part is that the flange that comes with it is steel. I need aluminum.

Is the flange the same as the one for the actual HKS ones? IIRC I picked up an Al one for about $25 back when.

Reeves
05-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Is the flange the same as the one for the actual HKS ones? IIRC I picked up an Al one for about $25 back when.

Supposed to be the same.

contraption22
05-19-2009, 03:03 PM
I think the best blow-off valve on the market right now might be the the SynCHRONIC(WHAT!?) from Synapse Engineering.

t3rse
05-19-2009, 03:11 PM
you mean the one that is made in china...oh wait

rib256
05-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Love the car, looks fantastic finished. I hope you do very well with the car, you have earned it.

Reaper1
05-19-2009, 08:16 PM
I think the best blow-off valve on the market right now might be the the SynCHRONIC(WHAT!?) from Synapse Engineering.

Isn't that the one that uses the same idea as a D-valve built in to it?

Dusty_Duster
05-20-2009, 10:04 AM
I've got an actual HKS BOV on my car, and it is awesome. I highly recommend it.

rx2mazda
05-23-2009, 08:38 PM
See what happens when you put a BOV on your car?:D Please update everybody:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

Rampage16V
05-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Brian Car is Beautiful! Your hard work has certainly paid off!! Well done!!

bakes
05-23-2009, 10:20 PM
See what happens when you put a BOV on your car?:D Please update everybody:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

ok now you peaked my interest please tell!!!:rolleyes:

turbo2point2
05-23-2009, 11:52 PM

Back in the nines haha!! Wow what a day, finally getting a handle on the short times and the launch. First pass of the day was a shakedown to see where the A/F was. I had it set pretty rich and it sure was unhappy- 11.53 @ 115.19 The car broke up quite a bit so I knew I had some tuning to do. After some fuel changes I rolled back to the lanes. Still working on the 60's, she spun out of the hole, I pedelled. The A/F tune was much happier this time though so she started huffin on the big end 10.64 @ 141.47 Datalogs showed 18.5 as the max boost for that run.

I was happy and puzzled at the same time. Reason being, the boost controller was not touched and the first run showed a max of 20.3 psi. Maybe the extra fuel was a contributing factor. So I went over the intake piping to make sure there were no leaks, cracks, etc. I tightened the bov- yes the bov, I added it just for Carroll;) Just to make sure it wasn't leaking. I also put a few more psi in the boost controller. I head back to the lanes to give it hell. I was up against a pretty mean Chevelle this run. I felt like I knew what the car needed for a burnout and got some heat in the slicks. My running mate lit the red bulb and handed me my --- at the 60'. But thats ok, top end of the track I go by him like he is standing on the brakes:D

r/t- .146
60'- 1.607
330'- 4.309
1/8- 6.447
mph- 118.83
1000- 8.307
1/4- 9.873
mph- 147.44

Data showed 22.1 psi as max.

WooHoo!! What great feeling to be back there. Set a new personal best even if it was only by a .001 I'll take it. I couldn't wait to make another pass since nobody got to see it or tape it, I think? So I upped the boost a few more psi. and I'm thinking about backing it up big time, I had visions of 150mph traps. I got the car out of the hole the same as the run before, but when the boost hit it started to misfire. Probably would have been a good pass if it was clean since data showed 25 psi in the manifold. Car went 10.50 @ 135.71

Things learned, car likes 7psi in the tires, cold air added 10mph to my trap speed, thinking of adding more dwell to the coils to combat spark blowout, Blue Horizons whoop ---!! Thanks for reading!!

p.s. Sorry Alan, I still didn't pull the chute ;)

bakes
05-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Wow that's moving just can't wait till all the bug are ironed out
keep up the the great work

James baker

Clay
05-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Awesome!!!!!

Pat
05-24-2009, 07:14 AM
That is awesome Brian. Great job as usual! Wish I could have made it up yesteday to see it.

Pat
05-24-2009, 07:14 AM
That is awesome Brian. Great job as usual! Wish I could have made it up yesteday to see it.

blk86trbo
05-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Wow that's great...150mph would be an awesome feat!

mcsvt
05-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Great news Brian!

Aries_Turbo
05-24-2009, 09:39 AM
thats great! on so little boost too. :)

Brian

2.216VTurbo
05-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Meh, chutes are a biatch to repack anyway;) They must have a nice looong shutdown area. 7 PSI in the slicks:eyebrows: the RWD guys wish they could go that low:D Nice run,glad you're back in the 9's where you like to hang out:clap:

*Minor Hijack* My Bud's first pass with the new 4094 (106AR ex) in the Fast Fiat yesterday was his personal best too. He cracked off a 1.24 60' (been 1.22 once but lately battleing a bog and getting 'only' 1.40's:D) had to pedal it once in third gear cause it was wandering but still turned in a 9.22@ 155. He is running again today with 33lbs of boost instead of 36 to try and calm the 80" wheelbase chassis down and get into the 8's. He NEEDS the chute to stop that thing though we did put front brakes on it since last season:D

BadAssPerformance
05-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Awesome runs Brian! :clap:

Rampage16V
05-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Yeah Man Great Times! Great Car!

Juggy
05-24-2009, 11:42 AM
wow 118mph in the 1/8th!!!!!!!

turbo2point2
05-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Meh, chutes are a biatch to repack anyway;) They must have a nice looong shutdown area. 7 PSI in the slicks:eyebrows: the RWD guys wish they could go that low:D Nice run,glad you're back in the 9's where you like to hang out:clap:

*Minor Hijack* My Bud's first pass with the new 4094 (106AR ex) in the Fast Fiat yesterday was his personal best too. He cracked off a 1.24 60' (been 1.22 once but lately battleing a bog and getting 'only' 1.40's:D) had to pedal it once in third gear cause it was wandering but still turned in a 9.22@ 155. He is running again today with 33lbs of boost instead of 36 to try and calm the 80" wheelbase chassis down and get into the 8's. He NEEDS the chute to stop that thing though we did put front brakes on it since last season:D

Cecil does have a pretty nice shutdown area. Thanks for the kudos. I'll bet your buddy's car is a real handful with that WB. Hope he gets back those 1.22 short times, what's he have for rear suspension?

cordes
05-25-2009, 12:07 AM
That's great to hear Brian.

black86glhs
05-25-2009, 12:18 AM
Hmmm, until I see you with a 148 mph slip, I'm not impressed.:confused:

Just kidding. That thing is wicked and on such low boost too. :thumb:

27 lbs and no miss would be awesome. You planning on going there or higher?

Really nice work.:nod::hail:

Reaper1
05-25-2009, 12:59 AM
I wish I could see this car in person! GREAT job!!

Shadow
05-25-2009, 01:14 AM
Lookin good, and at some pretty low boost to boot. This baby's gonna fly once the little things have been worked out!:thumb:

turbo2point2
05-25-2009, 08:38 AM
That's great to hear Brian.

Hmmm, until I see you with a 148 mph slip, I'm not impressed.:confused:

Just kidding. That thing is wicked and on such low boost too. :thumb:

27 lbs and no miss would be awesome. You planning on going there or higher?

Really nice work.:nod::hail:

I am going to push this setup as much as I can, I am hoping she will hold 35+ psi.

I wish I could see this car in person! GREAT job!!

Lookin good, and at some pretty low boost to boot. This baby's gonna fly once the little things have been worked out!:thumb:

Thanks for the kind words guys. The little things at this point are extremely small. To be back in the 9's and 10mph quicker than the old combo on less boost is inspiring. I knew the learning curve would be steep but very rewarding.

contraption22
05-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Awesome, just awesome Brian! Just a few ticks from a buck-fiddy!

"Top Fuel" Bender
05-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Great Job Brian
wish I could get out more often to watch it run

turboshad
05-25-2009, 01:09 PM
That's awsome Brian. You're just saving the 150 trap for SDAC aren't you? :eyebrows:

DJ

turbovanmanČ
05-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Brian "No Blow-Off Valve" Slowe's:pfirst pass off the trailer was a 10.57 @ 137. Tested the two-step before staging and it came up good. Car spun bad out the hole. You can hear Brian getting off/on the throttle going down the track, still ran a 10.5 with 19psi:thumb:

Sorry, didn't feel like editing this vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsQ9M9KImU0&feature=channel_page

Brian made some tuning adjustments and tried again. Car wouldn't come up on the two-step, wouldn't idle and ran like a$$ compared to the usual runs. Ran a 12.7 @ 117. I didn't even upload that vid.

Some moron oiled down the right lane and they closed the lanes to clean up. At that time it started raining and the lasted 10-20 minutes, good timing I guess. Sun came out in a major way and it got hot and more humid from the precip. More tuning and off to the third run. All the other classes were running a bracket at this point but the FWD class was suppose to be "heads up". Two Srt-4's were set to race right before Brian and one of the guys complained and at the last minute they decided to run the FWD as a bracket to.(I guess they knew they didn't stand a chance heads-up). So Brian just tells the guy dial him a 10.50 and he races against one of the srt's...........breaks-out on a 10.43 and that was the last pass.

announcer was getting on the FWD class......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynqAR0vyA7Y&feature=channel_page

It was a good time, sorry you guys couldn't make it.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/rx2mazda/DSC00491.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/rx2mazda/DSC00485.jpg

Wow, awesome looking work and congrats on the time, :partywoot: :hail:

turbo2point2
05-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Great Job Brian
wish I could get out more often to watch it run

Thanks Bruce. You will get to see it run at SDAC. You are going right?

That's awsome Brian. You're just saving the 150 trap for SDAC aren't you? :eyebrows:

DJ

Looks like the 150mph run will HAVE to wait till SDAC. I don't think I will be able to get to the track before then.

Wow, awesome looking work and congrats on the time, :partywoot: :hail:

Thanks Simon.

black86glhs
05-26-2009, 04:53 PM
I predict 150 mph on less than 28 psi. Yeah, I know, easy prediction.

turbo2point2
07-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Been a while since an update but not much new going on. SDAC-19 was an absolute blast, they get better and better every year. In the car show, the BSX won 1st place in the modified class. She also took Best of Show. I was speechless, I never thought the car would grab as many votes as it did. Thank you to all who voted.

Drag racing was another story. We rolled the car off the trailer(Thanks Joe Marra!!) and made a test pass. The car broke up the whole way down the track and went a 12.33@123.28 Went back to the pits to get the data and saw the comp. adding fuel so I added a bit to try and compensate. Rolled back to the lanes for the 1st qualifying session. I guess my nerves were a bit on edge as I forgot to turn the boost controller on and was running 11 psi. Qualified 1st with a 10.794@127.62 and cut a .072 light on the pro tree. Second round of qualifying, I cut another decent .043 on the tree and the car went an 11.472@116.08 again breaking up all the way down the track, WTF?! 3rd qualifying run I dialed in 14 psi of boost, I was running against Dean Stillie and his awesome Rampage:thumb: Bumped the #1 spot to 10.352@132.35

Eliminations started and 1st round I was up against John Berube. John got me on the tree with a .053 to my .099 with the car breaking up yet again I managed to get by John for the win. 11.176 to his 11.826

Round 2 pitted me against Larry Buford in his super sweet RWD Shadow. The car spun hard at the top of 1st into second, due to my crappy burnout. I cut a slightly better light than Larry .104 to his .153 I think Larry ran into a problem on this run, his car has been deep 11's. BSX took the win with a 10.743 vs. Larry's 12.773.

The final round pitted me against my good friend Bruce Bender and his bada$$ Omni. I know he just came from knocking out my other good friend Mike Marra in the semis so I was looking forward to a good race. Bruce staged first then me, I saw amber lights and left. Got a good r/t, .091 vs. Bruce's .236 and I needed it, Bruce was on my door the whole way. I was like "come on baby!!" from the 1000' on. I looked up and saw the win light. Woohoo!! Bruce got a better time with an 11.226 vs. my 11.292 and the MOV was .0796, very close.

I couldn't have picked a better guy to be up against in the final. Bruce has battled a bunch of issues from converters to exhaust leaks to you name it. It seems like the car really likes the nos Bruce, keep up the good work:thumb:

In closing, I need to figure out the breakup issue. I have a feeling the car is running way too rich and the O2 is on the way out, leaving me with a super rich mixture. I wanted so bad to get to that 150mph mark but, all in good time I guess. I am heading to Cecil on Wed. night to see if a new sensor will clear it up. Hope everyone had as good a time as me and my family did. SDAC-20 looks like it will be another awesome event. Thanks again to Barry and Craig. Another big thanks to Justin, Joe W, the Marra Bros., Gary Mazzone, Steve M, Lonewolf Performance, FWD Performance, FM, Chuck Green for his generous donations, and the SDAC family for your support.

Thanks for reading!!

contraption22
07-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Well deserved on all counts, Brian. The car is just spectacular.

PS. Is my DOHC conversion kit still on backorder?

PSS. See ya wednesday!

Turbo3Iroc
07-06-2009, 11:58 AM
That final was amazing. We had no idea who won until the win light came on. Best race of the day.

Reaper1
07-06-2009, 12:00 PM
SWEET!! I wish I could have seen it in person! :( Hopefully next year.

rx2mazda
07-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Did the fire cores solve the arcing issue?

Pat
07-06-2009, 01:06 PM
That final was amazing. We had no idea who won until the win light came on. Best race of the day.

I was in New Orleans for work but could tell it was an awesome Q8..I was getting text message updates from multiple people as it was going on! (thanks for those sending by the way! It made a business dinner much more fun! :) )

Congrats on the win Brian...let us know how it goes at Cecil on Wednesday.

mcsvt
07-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Brain what a great weekend for you and your car. Well deserved, all of it! The Q8 having so many DV and NE members in it, it was difficult to watch. Glad I could be there :thumb:

turbo2point2
07-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Well deserved on all counts, Brian. The car is just spectacular.

PS. Is my DOHC conversion kit still on backorder?

PSS. See ya wednesday!

The kit is on intergallactic backorder Mike. But I think between me, you, your dad and brother, we can whip something up.

turbo2point2
07-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Did the fire cores solve the arcing issue?

Seemed to. However the car still runs like a$$.

I was in New Orleans for work but could tell it was an awesome Q8..I was getting text message updates from multiple people as it was going on! (thanks for those sending by the way! It made a business dinner much more fun! :) )

Congrats on the win Brian...let us know how it goes at Cecil on Wednesday.

Thanks Pat, wish you were there in person you would have certainly been in the Q8.

Brain what a great weekend for you and your car. Well deserved, all of it! The Q8 having so many DV and NE members in it, it was difficult to watch. Glad I could be there :thumb:

Thanks again Gary. It certainly was a great time.

Always keep your cell on, you never know when you will get a call to babysit:D

Rampage16V
07-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Yes it was nice to meet All of you guys Bruce and I talked a bit as well as Brian and I...Got to see the Marra bro's enough to tell em apart lol! Good to meet you all. Another SDAC where Rob built a trans in the parking lot Larry how was the trip home?....I was up late drinking beer and watching a fireworks fight in the parking lot.
Rampage ran good but I didn't pray to the christmas tree gods with a .007 red light in the first round....didn't know a red light on a pro tree was possible.
Last Qualifier I had to beat Rob's 10.79 so I was late to leave waiting on boost launched it to a tire spinning 10.57...later ran a 10.53 132 against Larry on a loosing run the air was getting better later in the evening.
Again had a fantastic time..and your right ... there defineately is an sdac family thanks guys for making it that way!

Brian's car is just beautiful well deserved win in the show and the track. And Bill Bakers Rampage makes me want to take mine apart again! Just great.

Reeves
07-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Rampage ran good but I didn't pray to the christmas tree gods with a .007 red light in the first round....didn't know a red light on a pro tree was possible.

On a .500 pro-tree it's easier to do!

R/T
07-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Brian;

A show quality car that runs 9's gets my vote *every* time....... :hail:

badandy
07-07-2009, 06:58 PM
The "Quick 8" has definately become the thing to see at SDAC. What makes it hard is I know most of you well to fairly well...it's hard to root against anybody :nod:

...just a few props:

I have to say...Slowe...I don't know when I've seen a better example of what a FWD TD drag car can be...just unbelieveable!

Marra (Rerun :p) I've never had the opportunity to see your car run in all these years...that was a highlight for me :clap: It's cool to watch one of the nicest guys I know fly like that.

Bruce "TOP FUEL" Bender...just like you said "you were trying to do me proud". MISSION ACCOMPLISHED BRO! :hail: It must have been an incredible moment for you :thumb: Should we change the name to Bruce "TOP FUEL FINAL ROUND" Bender?...naaaah, won't fit on the windshield...or a name tag:p

Reeves....guess we gotta drink more beer next time we wrench...things just seem to work better huh? I was bummed the wastegate stuck...external time?

Dean...it's not an SDAC without seeing your Rampage run :) ...kinda like Pizza and Beer...or something :love:

Baker...I swear, you manage to put together the fastest and prettiest cars...one after another...how do you do it? :hail:

Larry...there is just something so kick azz about seeing a little Shadow get the azz end all sideways and come out the hole like it got kicked by god himself! Definately a highlight for me!

...and I'm sure there is much more I can't think of right at this moment....but, all of you in the quick 8...you guys are like watching the final round of eliminations at a NHRA event...and are the #1 thing to see in my book! Thank you all for the show, hard work, determination, blood, sweat, and beers :love:

Reeves
07-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Marra (Rerun :p)

I thought his nickname was ET ?? For extra test!cal.

Reeves....guess we gotta drink more beer next time we wrench...things just seem to work better huh? I was bummed the wastegate stuck...external time?

Maybe if we weren't drinking so much beer we would have noticed it?
Nah... Should have had more beer.

Baker...I swear, you manage to put together the fastest and prettiest cars...one after another...how do you do it? :hail:

He lives in Vermont.....what the hell else is he going to do? LOL
:p

Aries_Turbo
07-07-2009, 08:14 PM
:p

drink beer :)

turbo2point2
07-08-2009, 06:32 AM
I have to say...Slowe...I don't know when I've seen a better example of what a FWD TD drag car can be...just unbelieveable!

Thanks Andy, much appreciated. I must say that I am equally impressed at the quality of cars we have had surface over the past few years.

jonnyb
07-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Wow - great recap Brian!

Yeah - when you passed me, I heard your car breaking up (over me yelling...come on car, come on car inside my car...LOL) and I thought for a brief second that I might have a chance, but by the time I hit 4th gear you were gone and I knew you had the win. As much as I hate losing, I was glad that you won. You deserved it and it would have been a shame to not see that car win the quick 8!

All I can say is wow - my first SDAC was SDAC-13 and most of the cars in the quick 8 were gutted and had no paint (in fact, nevermind the quick 8 - many of the cars at the drags were that way...LOL). I even remember your car being pretty ratty at that event...LOL...what a long way it has come! Things have really stepped up over the last few years and not only are guys running way faster, but they are bringing cars that are show quality.

Next year I predict we will see a parachute (or two) launched in the quick 8 and you'll need a cage to qualify (11.49 or better bump spot).

Jon

Been a while since an update but not much new going on. SDAC-19 was an absolute blast, they get better and better every year. In the car show, the BSX won 1st place in the modified class. She also took Best of Show. I was speechless, I never thought the car would grab as many votes as it did. Thank you to all who voted.

Drag racing was another story. We rolled the car off the trailer(Thanks Joe Marra!!) and made a test pass. The car broke up the whole way down the track and went a 12.33@123.28 Went back to the pits to get the data and saw the comp. adding fuel so I added a bit to try and compensate. Rolled back to the lanes for the 1st qualifying session. I guess my nerves were a bit on edge as I forgot to turn the boost controller on and was running 11 psi. Qualified 1st with a 10.794@127.62 and cut a .072 light on the pro tree. Second round of qualifying, I cut another decent .043 on the tree and the car went an 11.472@116.08 again breaking up all the way down the track, WTF?! 3rd qualifying run I dialed in 14 psi of boost, I was running against Dean Stillie and his awesome Rampage:thumb: Bumped the #1 spot to 10.352@132.35

Eliminations started and 1st round I was up against John Berube. John got me on the tree with a .053 to my .099 with the car breaking up yet again I managed to get by John for the win. 11.176 to his 11.826

Round 2 pitted me against Larry Buford in his super sweet RWD Shadow. The car spun hard at the top of 1st into second, due to my crappy burnout. I cut a slightly better light than Larry .104 to his .153 I think Larry ran into a problem on this run, his car has been deep 11's. BSX took the win with a 10.743 vs. Larry's 12.773.

The final round pitted me against my good friend Bruce Bender and his bada$$ Omni. I know he just came from knocking out my other good friend Mike Marra in the semis so I was looking forward to a good race. Bruce staged first then me, I saw amber lights and left. Got a good r/t, .091 vs. Bruce's .236 and I needed it, Bruce was on my door the whole way. I was like "come on baby!!" from the 1000' on. I looked up and saw the win light. Woohoo!! Bruce got a better time with an 11.226 vs. my 11.292 and the MOV was .0796, very close.

I couldn't have picked a better guy to be up against in the final. Bruce has battled a bunch of issues from converters to exhaust leaks to you name it. It seems like the car really likes the nos Bruce, keep up the good work:thumb:

In closing, I need to figure out the breakup issue. I have a feeling the car is running way too rich and the O2 is on the way out, leaving me with a super rich mixture. I wanted so bad to get to that 150mph mark but, all in good time I guess. I am heading to Cecil on Wed. night to see if a new sensor will clear it up. Hope everyone had as good a time as me and my family did. SDAC-20 looks like it will be another awesome event. Thanks again to Barry and Craig. Another big thanks to Justin, Joe W, the Marra Bros., Gary Mazzone, Steve M, Lonewolf Performance, FWD Performance, FM, Chuck Green for his generous donations, and the SDAC family for your support.

Thanks for reading!!

8valves
07-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Just caught back up on all of this... great stuff sir! What fuel do you run the car on? I'm assuming your 02 is within 12" of the turbine housing... it's pretty common to run though them pretty quickyl depending on lead content. Espescially if you're running the car any richer than a 11.0:1 AFR.

Or you could disable the 02 feedback and see how it runs off just the tune. I'm assuming you have a CTS and AIT sensor wired as well to compensate?

"Top Fuel" Bender
07-09-2009, 07:25 AM
so how'd it run ???????

"Top Fuel" Bender
07-09-2009, 07:25 AM
so how'd it run ???????

Dave
07-09-2009, 10:16 AM
so how'd it run ???????

X2. I'm curious to see some 9's. Need video too, btw! :nod:

turbo2point2
07-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Reman alternators suck! Found the battery voltage spiking up to 18+ volts on the first run:eek: car wasn't happy. I replaced the regulator at the track to no avail, voltage still spiking over 6500rpm. Car went 10.84 on 11psi. After that run, I disconnected the regulator and got 12v, revved to 6500 and the alt. started to charge on it's own. Oh well, looks like I have some gremlins to take care of.

turbo2point2
07-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Just caught back up on all of this... great stuff sir! What fuel do you run the car on? I'm assuming your 02 is within 12" of the turbine housing... it's pretty common to run though them pretty quickyl depending on lead content. Espescially if you're running the car any richer than a 11.0:1 AFR.

Or you could disable the 02 feedback and see how it runs off just the tune. I'm assuming you have a CTS and AIT sensor wired as well to compensate?

The car is on a steady diet of C16 and the O2 is within 12" of the turbine exit. I was not surprised to see the O2 read richer after I replaced it. Just don't have enough data to say if it was the culprit or not.

I can disable closed loop, but the way the thing was tuned at SDAC was horrendous. Wayy to fat. I am basically starting from a proven cal I had and building from there. I think the O2 was starting to $hit the bed at the end of April. I have been adding fuel based on what the comp. was adding to reach target A/F.

30 PSI SHADOW
07-09-2009, 11:33 PM
:p[/QUOTE]

and kentucky is the new broadway? LOL!! I have something up my sleeve for the Shadow, unless i sell it soon. I want ot build a 89 CSX like brians only 8v.. time will tell..

Reeves
07-10-2009, 08:24 AM
8V FTMFW! :p

turbo2point2
07-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Went to Cecil last night for a test-n-tune. I have been wanting to take a break until the hotter weather subsides, but couldn't put the car away until I had it straightened out. I replaced the f'd up alternator with a new unit and all seemed well. I also went back to an earlier calibration that I knew worked pretty good.

1st pass: went 10.75@128.33 Car felt good goin down the track, a little slow but no breaking up, etc. Checked the data for signs of voltage spikes etc. All seems good.

2nd pass: upped the boost to 18psi. Felt some slight wheel spin in 2nd around 7700rpm, feathered the gas a bit and got it hooked. 10.18@140.97

3rd pass: upped the boost to 21psi.
r/t- .068
60'- 1.642
330'- 4.468
1/8- 6.644
mph- 114.60
1000'- 8.493
1/4- 10.063
mph- 143.52
Car had some serious 2nd gear traction issues. I pedaled it to get the tires hooked and felt a bit of tire shake. Data showed a fat 10.3-10.5 AFR even with subtracting 7% fuel.

4th pass: Boost set to 23psi.
r/t- .046
60'- 1.673
330'- 4.539
1/8- 6.718
mph- 114.94
1000'- 8.552
1/4- 10.104
mph- 145.17
Again the car had it's issue in the top of first and in 2nd, but a hair worse than the previous run. I aired the slicks 7.5psi on this pass which has been the best to this point. But traction was just not there. Data still showing a very rich mixture low 10's AFR.

I left some power on the table with this calibration, but I knew it would be safe without over fueling it too badly. I am trying to get some screen shots of the data runs to post up. I wanted to get her back in the 9's soooo bad, but it wasn't meant to be.

I must give a huge thank you to Joe Marra for coming out to help me last night. I called him early in the day yesterday with zero notice and he said he would be there. Couldn't have done it without him:thumb: Thanks Bud!!

rx2mazda
07-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Cool! Glad you got that breaking up issue fixed. Now you can make adjustments to your cal that will actually work like you want them to. MPH look real good. Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday.

mcsvt
07-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Inching closer to 150! Looks like you're back to a better tuning base, that's great :thumb:

contraption22
07-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Nice work Brian. Wish I coulda been there.

turbo2point2
07-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Cool! Glad you got that breaking up issue fixed. Now you can make adjustments to your cal that will actually work like you want them to. MPH look real good. Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday.

Nice work Brian. Wish I coulda been there.

No sweat fellas! I knew it would be hard to get there on short notice. Me an my impulse decisions...

Inching closer to 150! Looks like you're back to a better tuning base, that's great :thumb:

Thanks Gary. Yeah it's getting closer, I'm looking forward to the cooler weather to get back out there.

Reeves
07-16-2009, 03:58 PM
On my 25 x 8.7 x 13 MH slicks I was running 6 psi.

Also, how are you controlling your boost? Just curious.

turbo2point2
07-16-2009, 05:14 PM
On my 25 x 8.7 x 13 MH slicks I was running 6 psi.

Also, how are you controlling your boost? Just curious.

http://www.exileturbo.com/products/item_details.asp?idProduct=4

I have the same controller as the one in the link. However when I got mine, it was sold through Velocity Racing in Fl. My cousin was able to get me one for cost. Seems to work flawlessly as far as I can tell. There is always the NLR AMS-1000 which is the controller a lot of the drag world is using.

"Top Fuel" Bender
07-16-2009, 06:18 PM
VERY NICE !!!
"I turned it UP to 18psi and went 10.xxxx" must be nice :hail:
weekday's are better for me then weekends right now
lmk when you go again

8valves
07-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Any reason you don't use the BS3 for boost control?

turbokid
07-17-2009, 01:24 AM
Wow awesome car
Hope you can get her back into the 9's forsure =)

turbo2point2
07-17-2009, 06:34 AM
Any reason you don't use the BS3 for boost control?

None in particular. I have read that the boost control leaves a bit to be desired for the high HP guys, but I don't have any first hand experience. It appears that I would need to use a factory solenoid/s from a GN/Trans-am setup. The documentation isn't clear on what is needed and not needed for proper control. I have a friend with a BS3 that we might try and use it for boost control.

Rampage16V
07-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Great to hear Brian I wish I was closer would love to come to the track and help any if I could!(read learn) Keep up the good work. LOve hearing all the updates!

turboshad
07-17-2009, 01:50 PM
I wish I was closer would love to come to the track and help any if I could!(read learn)

+1 to that.

BadAssPerformance
07-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Awesome runs Brian :thumb:

turbo2point2
07-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Great to hear Brian I wish I was closer would love to come to the track and help any if I could!(read learn) Keep up the good work. LOve hearing all the updates!

+1 to that.

Awesome runs Brian :thumb:

Thanks guys! I am relieved the car is well again. Since I feel I have the majority of the bugs worked out, I am going to take it out of service for a bit. I have some suspension upgrades to do and I need to get the car aligned. The tires have been wearing pretty weird and may explain some of the traction issues that have surfaced.

Dave
07-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Great job, Brian! So close to the 9's!... Anyway, I love seeing the progress, keep it coming!

30 PSI SHADOW
07-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Sweet!!! traction issues at 10.0000000s... go figure...

turbo2point2
07-24-2009, 07:09 AM
I had some time to start disassembling the front supension this week. Once the lower control arms were off the car, I noticed the rear bushings on both sides were worn out. The steel sleeve all but dropped out when I took them apart. My solution was to fit a ball bearing in there. The bearings should handle the radial load much better than the bushings and also they should not deflect like the blue bushings did.

Pat
07-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Nice. I always wanted to try that. I'll hit you up for advice if and when the time comes that I actually start to do it.

Reaper1
07-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Very nice. I suppose you had to make custom spacers to go between the bearings and the K-frame.

How well do you think the ball bearings will cope with a non radial load? I understand that in some ways the load they see IS radial, but some of it is axial as well. Just wondering as this would be the primary reason for using a ball/socket type joint there instead.

GLHNSLHT2
07-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Brian you're gonna love them. I have spherical bearings in my LCA's, OMG the traction, the handling and the ride are so much more improved. Oh and with the toe set at zero the car rolls effortlessly. You can push the car around the shop with one hand. I think the thing I like the most is that when you turn the wheel the car responds RIGHT NOW! I can yank the wheel back and forth so fast that I get slammed around in the enthusiast's seat and start to not be able to keep up with the speed the car is changing directions.

turbo2point2
07-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Very nice. I suppose you had to make custom spacers to go between the bearings and the K-frame.

Correct.

How well do you think the ball bearings will cope with a non radial load? I understand that in some ways the load they see IS radial, but some of it is axial as well. Just wondering as this would be the primary reason for using a ball/socket type joint there instead.

I felt the primary load would be radial, but you are right. There is an axial load as well. The ball/socket joint would have definitely saved me a few steps. If I see an issue arise I will move over to that style.

Brian you're gonna love them. I have spherical bearings in my LCA's, OMG the traction, the handling and the ride are so much more improved. Oh and with the toe set at zero the car rolls effortlessly. You can push the car around the shop with one hand. I think the thing I like the most is that when you turn the wheel the car responds RIGHT NOW! I can yank the wheel back and forth so fast that I get slammed around in the enthusiast's seat and start to not be able to keep up with the speed the car is changing directions.

Nice to hear some feedback. What you said there was the exact reason for moving over to this setup. Although this car won't see the the fast direction changes, I am looking forward to the improved feel and possible improved traction.

GLHNSLHT2
07-24-2009, 12:07 PM
well ya, you just want it to go straight which it will do with 1 finger on the wheel and you eating a burrito in the other hand while launching. I'm more of a corner carver though. But ruts on the freeway that used to throw the car around on or off the power are like the freeway is freshly paved. The ruts or any torque steer is gone. One thing you might want to think of is some additional kframe and stut tower bracing. Since the bushings aren't flexing something else is going to want to. I plan on doing some EVO8 style kmember braces, and a upper strut bar triangulated into the firewall for the next upgrades.

bakes
07-24-2009, 10:39 PM
The one thing i notice with the bearing set up the change of wheel hop was all but all most removed and that was left was probably in the struts and the flexing of the frame rails.

GLHNSLHT2
07-24-2009, 10:50 PM
you do bearings too Bakes?

bakes
07-24-2009, 11:04 PM
yes i did do the bearing root but when my red GLH T boned and can opened a neon a lap down most of the suspension was destroyed when i rebuilt the car for sale i put my spare kframe with neoprene bushings in it was never the same http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo334/bakes_016/DSC00174.jpg
I'm thinking of doing it again in Rattrap but my parts guy can't remember when he ordered them from.

GLHNSLHT2
07-24-2009, 11:33 PM
so I assume you had the stub strut suspension. Did you just do bearings in the front joint or the rear too?

bakes
07-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Front and rear bearings . the rears were something like you would see on a hydraulic ram (the stub went through the eye and the out side was welded to the k frame) and because there was no give in the accident the suspension was totaled
like i said i like to find those rear bearings again or convert k frame like allan did.

GLHNSLHT2
07-25-2009, 12:37 AM
sounds cool any pics?

bakes
07-25-2009, 12:47 AM
back then i didn't think about taking pics what really sucks is i lost the vid of the accident when my wife tape over it and yes GLH really can fly( about 4feet in the air after punting some one in the drivers door ) ( should have seen the look on my drivers face he was stunned )and i heard the bang form the pit wall .
sorry for the side track! back to the tread

turbo2point2
09-11-2009, 06:54 AM
Finally got the car aligned. It needed it after the LCA bearing install. I did a few other things while it was apart. I wanted to lock out the camber adjustment in the struts so all of the adjustment was at the camber plate. It was easily accomplished with 1.250 flat steel. Another addition was to add a threaded bushing to the bar that passes through the strut tower. I wanted this so I could attach a limit strap, if needed in the future.

I am hoping to try out the upgrades within the next week. Gonna try out a slick with a stiffer sidewall. Got the CO2 installed for boost control also. I might have to tee into that co2 line for an air shifter;)

"Top Fuel" Bender
09-11-2009, 10:05 AM
BITCHIN :thumb: you should've told me you didn't align it yet
I could've brought the scales down
lmk when your going to the track
I'll see if someone can watch Jess.

Dave
09-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Finally got the car aligned. It needed it after the LCA bearing install. I did a few other things while it was apart. I wanted to lock out the camber adjustment in the struts so all of the adjustment was at the camber plate. It was easily accomplished with 1.250 flat steel. Another addition was to add a threaded bushing to the bar that passes through the strut tower. I wanted this so I could attach a limit strap, if needed in the future.

I am hoping to try out the upgrades within the next week. Gonna try out a slick with a stiffer sidewall. Got the CO2 installed for boost control also. I might have to tee into that co2 line for an air shifter;)

Forgive my ignorance, what's a limit strap?

Captain Chaos
09-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Forgive my ignorance, what's a limit strap?

Limits the amount of lift on the front during the launch.

turbo2point2
09-11-2009, 12:21 PM
BITCHIN :thumb: you should've told me you didn't align it yet
I could've brought the scales down
lmk when your going to the track
I'll see if someone can watch Jess.

No problem Bruce. Steve was able to borrow a set for us to use:thumb: I'll give you a shout when I have a day setup for t&t

Limits the amount of lift on the front during the launch.

Exactly what the captain said. Some of the vids I have watched show my car lifting on launch, even with the suspension set to full firm. The straps will allow it to go "so far" till they come into effect. I am not sold on the straps yet, but I will need to try that option in the hopes of greater traction.

turboshad
09-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Can you adjust compression on your rear dampers? I think the adjustment in my Konis is rebound which doesn't do much for me.

Rampage16V
09-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Great to hear thanks for the updates Brian. I know a guy with an L body that had his koni's made double adjustible

Vigo
09-16-2009, 10:17 AM
if i may direct you to this thread:
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38269&page=3

You'll notice that i found some adjustable rancho shocks which DO adjust compression which may work on the back of a k-car. Simon runs them on his van already, though that is the same line of shock in a completely different application.

Might be worth the $200 to try for a car like BSX.

turbo2point2
09-17-2009, 06:55 AM
Can you adjust compression on your rear dampers? I think the adjustment in my Konis is rebound which doesn't do much for me.

The rear coil overs I have are single adjustable only, but they adjust compression and rebound simultaneously.

if i may direct you to this thread:
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38269&page=3

You'll notice that i found some adjustable rancho shocks which DO adjust compression which may work on the back of a k-car. Simon runs them on his van already, though that is the same line of shock in a completely different application.

Might be worth the $200 to try for a car like BSX.

Thanks for the link. I have a set of double adjustable QA1 shocks for the rear if I need them in the future. I know my current combo will do much better short times, just need to refine it.

Vigo
09-17-2009, 09:55 AM
double adjustable QA1 shocks

Should have known you'd be well past the point of bolting on stockish shocks, hah.

turbo2point2
09-25-2009, 06:20 AM
Heading to Atco for a test-n-tune tomorrow. Looks like the weather will be just right to make some record passes:thumb:

mcsvt
09-25-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm going to have to miss out, looks like I'll be heading north to look at houses again.

Make sure Justin or someone gets it on film! :thumb:

contraption22
09-25-2009, 08:58 AM
I might come out and lend a hand if my brother doesn't need help with his Neon.

Good luck!

30 PSI SHADOW
09-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Heading to Atco for a test-n-tune tomorrow. Looks like the weather will be just right to make some record passes:thumb:

Atco? Come on up for Mopar day at LVD. 4-6 cars in the 11s tommorrow!!!

Rampage16V
09-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Too Cool. Good Luck Brian
Going to a Mopar Day here on Sunday too. Should be a fun weekend

Reeves
09-25-2009, 10:46 AM
Good luck Brian! :nod:
Hope you guys are having better weather than we are! :yuck:

turbo2point2
09-25-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm going to have to miss out, looks like I'll be heading north to look at houses again.

Make sure Justin or someone gets it on film! :thumb:

Good luck on the house hunting Bud! I already asked Justin to bring the camera.

I might come out and lend a hand if my brother doesn't need help with his Neon.

Good luck!

Don't come to lend me a hand, come to race!! Remember that deal we had? lol

Atco? Come on up for Mopar day at LVD. 4-6 cars in the 11s tommorrow!!!

Sorry Bill can't make this one. But looks like you guys will be sharing the same nice weather as us:thumb:

Too Cool. Good Luck Brian
Going to a Mopar Day here on Sunday too. Should be a fun weekend

Thanks Dean! Hope you run some record passes!!

cordes
09-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Good luck Brian. I would love to see another 9sec pass out of the car.

turbo2point2
09-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Had a great day at the track. Big thanks to Justin Cronk and Rob Dolan for lending a hand:thumb:

Got to the track just after 9am, unloaded the car and fueled her up. Did a once over and headed off to the lanes.

r/t - .147
60' - 1.521
330'- 4.151
1/8 - 6.274
mph- 115.56
1000- 8.133
1/4 - 9.709
mph- 143.20

Wow!! Off the trailer set a new personal best! Back to pits to get the data, 19psi. I had a bit of tire shake right after launch so I pedal and it hooked back up.

Data showed the last run a bit rich so rather than mess with the fuel, I added boost instead. 2nd run:

r/t - .199 ...lazy today:o
60' - 1.547
330'- 4.036
1/8 - 6.070
mph- 120.09- reached another goal!
1000- 7.860
1/4 - 9.381- personal best!!
mph- 147.97

O yeah! Car was sailing and smooth as silk after 100ft. tire shake pretty violent this run. Boost-24psi

3rd pass I put some more boost in it.

r/t - -.034....fail
60'- 1.559
330'- 4.185
1/8 - 6.248
mph- 119.11
1000- 8.035
1/4 - 9.556
mph- 147.37

Not a bad pass but that darn tire shake again. I pedalled 3 times to try and recover from the shake. Data shows 28psi and a way fat mixture of mid 9's. I haven't run this amount of boost with this combo so I deliberately put extra fuel in those load cells. Pulled the chute for the first time on this pass. I think I overprepared. When I threw the lever, I grabbed the wheel with both hands not knowing what to expect. I feel the canopy open and it shifts the back end left and right a bit. Not scary, but at least I knew what to expect next time.

Last pass:

r/t - .241...glad there is no money on the line, lol
60' - 1.512- personal best
330'- 4.073
1/8 - 6.112
mph- 120.36-personal best
1000- 7.889
1/4 - 9.397
mph- 149.50- personal best

Almost hit that 150 mark. Still had the tire shake. One thing that looks promising is that even with the shake and having to pedal the car, it put up it's best 60' to date. I was setting up the boost controller to ramp the boost in a little slower. Obviously not slow enough, but a step in the right direction.

Things learned:
- tire shake can give you a real headache
- a parachute will extend the shutdown area a ton
- some much needed small upgrades can prove to be big when it comes to traction
- videos rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fPKGaZDD5A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaKhADnb85E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOr1BbL25Cc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVPBPPDtVXY

Thanks for reading!

BadAssPerformance
09-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Thats badass Brian! :clap:

Dont forget to update the 1/4 mile times, link in my sig :)

What do you think the tire shake is from? Nice 60's tho! I'm guessing you're running limiters?

Pat
09-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Awesome...

turbo2point2
09-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Thats badass Brian! :clap:

Dont forget to update the 1/4 mile times, link in my sig :)

What do you think the tire shake is from? Nice 60's tho! I'm guessing you're running limiters?

Thanks JT. I think the shake is coming from too much power too soon. The last run kinda showed me with bringing the power in a bit slower netted a quicker 60'. No limiters.

mcsvt
09-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Awesome Brian :thumb:, I've been waiting (patiently) for the update as I saw Justin has posted the slip on Facebook this afternoon.

bakes
09-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Nice Brain, keep up the good work!
i smell 8's once you get trough the tire shake issue!!!

BadAssPerformance
09-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks JT. I think the shake is coming from too much power too soon. The last run kinda showed me with bringing the power in a bit slower netted a quicker 60'. No limiters.

Hmm... yeah, I guess that would do it, how much boost at the line?

bakes
09-27-2009, 01:22 AM
the only thing i could find on tire shake
http://www.insidetopalcohol.com/showthread.php?t=26641

Reaper1
09-27-2009, 04:15 AM
SWEET!! I'd love to see this car represent at a Pink All Out sometime! It would at least make an appearance for sure!

turbo2point2
09-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Hmm... yeah, I guess that would do it, how much boost at the line?

8-8.5psi on launch. After looking at the data a bit closer, it looks as if I lose traction just after the launch. In the screen print below, the ellipse shows where the rpm jumps high very quickly and the boost drops a bit because of the loss of load. RPM is the pink line, boost-yellow. Also in there is the TPS data, you can see where I was trying to recover.

jcronk23
09-27-2009, 09:45 AM
Sorry about the crappy vid quality brother... But hey, at least we got this one on video :) congrats Brian!!

Rampage16V
09-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Congrats on the great runs Brian! Well deserved!....we were rained out here this weekend:(

Reeves
09-27-2009, 03:28 PM
:clap::thumb::clap:

ohiorob
09-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Awesome :clap::clap::clap::hail::hail::hail:
all that hard work is paying off big time :thumb:

rx2mazda
09-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Balls!

BadAssPerformance
09-27-2009, 07:58 PM
8-8.5psi on launch. After looking at the data a bit closer, it looks as if I lose traction just after the launch. In the screen print below, the ellipse shows where the rpm jumps high very quickly and the boost drops a bit because of the loss of load. RPM is the pink line, boost-yellow. Also in there is the TPS data, you can see where I was trying to recover.

Hmmm... yeah, lost traction which could have made the shake as it was trying to hook. Time to play with tire pressure?

2.216VTurbo
09-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Sorry about the crappy vid quality brother... But hey, at least we got this one on video :) congrats Brian!!

At least you found the zoom button by the 3rd pass Justin:lol:

Nice Brian:clap: Personal best short 1.51:hail: and ET:eyebrows:

Remember when you just wanted to get 'back in the 9's'? Now the 8's are getting close enough to taste:D

Aries_Turbo
09-27-2009, 10:17 PM
nice runs! trans staying happy?

Brian

Dave
09-28-2009, 01:05 AM
Simply amazing, Brian! Really cool to see some laundry coming off a Turbo Mopar. :thumb:

turbovanmanČ
09-28-2009, 02:52 AM
Damn dude, :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::wow1::rockon: :partywoot:

turbo2point2
09-28-2009, 06:31 AM
Congrats on the great runs Brian! Well deserved!....we were rained out here this weekend:(

Sorry to hear about the weather Dean. The track open much longer?

Awesome :clap::clap::clap::hail::hail::hail:
all that hard work is paying off big time :thumb:

Thanks Rob!

Hmmm... yeah, lost traction which could have made the shake as it was trying to hook. Time to play with tire pressure?

Yes, I think that as well as some other things. The article that Bakes posted was a pretty good read and gave me some insight about where to go.

At least you found the zoom button by the 3rd pass Justin:lol:

Nice Brian:clap: Personal best short 1.51:hail: and ET:eyebrows:

Remember when you just wanted to get 'back in the 9's'? Now the 8's are getting close enough to taste:D

I remember all too well. Took 2.5 years to go .01 quicker, ha! I am looking forward to breaking that 8 sec. barrier. A better short time, better tune, hmm......

nice runs! trans staying happy?

Brian

Thanks Brian! The trans seems to be just fine. No signs of anything out of the ordinary. However, over the winter I will go through it.

turbo2point2
09-28-2009, 06:37 AM
Simply amazing, Brian! Really cool to see some laundry coming off a Turbo Mopar. :thumb:

Thanks! The first chute opening was dedicated to Alan;)

Damn dude, :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::wow1::rockon: :partywoot:

Thanks Simon. I hope to get her out once more before our fall fun day, Nov.14th.

turboshad
09-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Fantabulous job Brian!! I was checking late Friday night to see if you had posted hoping you had a good run. Looks like it was an awsome night.

In that log screen you posted, is it hitting the rev limiter before shifting to second?

turbo2point2
09-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Fantabulous job Brian!! I was checking late Friday night to see if you had posted hoping you had a good run. Looks like it was an awsome night.

In that log screen you posted, is it hitting the rev limiter before shifting to second?

Thanks DJ. It was a great day. Would have been hard pressed to find better conditions. I did hit the limiter before shifting, I have to lower the shift light rpm due to the lag between ems output to tach readout.

Reeves
09-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks DJ. It was a great day. Would have been hard pressed to find better conditions. I did hit the limiter before shifting, I have to lower the shift light rpm due to the lag between ems output to tach readout.

Air shifter?

turbo2point2
09-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Air shifter?

Not currently. I have been thinking of adding it but if at all, not til winter break.

rx2mazda
09-29-2009, 09:25 PM
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/nutswinger.gif

balls. ROTFLMAO!!!:p

rib256
09-29-2009, 10:00 PM
Wow, Wow, Wow. What a fantastic car, and a great driver. You rock.

DBB mini
09-29-2009, 10:49 PM
+1!!!!!!!!!!!! That car rocks!! You running my old diff spacer? Killer runs for sure, insane power at such a low boost level kudos to you!!

Coy

30 PSI SHADOW
09-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Nice job!

turbo2point2
09-30-2009, 06:29 AM

LMAO!! Too funny!

Wow, Wow, Wow. What a fantastic car, and a great driver. You rock.

Thanks for the kudos.

+1!!!!!!!!!!!! That car rocks!! You running my old diff spacer? Killer runs for sure, insane power at such a low boost level kudos to you!!

Coy

Thanks Coy. I use a peloquin diff in this trans, no spacer here. I am very pleased with how the car is developing.

Nice job!

Thank you Bill. Right back at you with your rampage:thumb:

contraption22
09-30-2009, 08:14 AM

That may just be the funniest smiley face ever.

"Now I got the world swingin from my nutz, and d@mn it feels good to be a gangsta."

mcsvt
09-30-2009, 08:51 AM
Yeah we need to send that one to Justin :lol:

rx2mazda
09-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Gotta give credit to Brian aka airies turbo for the emoticon!

contraption22
09-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Gotta give credit to Brian aka airies turbo for the emoticon!

Ok. But your comment "Torque curve as flat as Nicole Ritchie" still ranks high in my book.

turboshad
09-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Not currently. I have been thinking of adding it but if at all, not til winter break.

You're not allowed to make an air shifter before I do :eyebrows:

Turbo3Iroc
10-05-2009, 12:22 AM
Was watching the rained out NHRA tv coverage and they jumped into a tech question that might interest you.

Tire shake:

Caused by not enough wheel speed early in the run. This makes the tire run over itself thereby losing contact with the track.

They then showed a T/A dragster in slow mo with the tire actually cupping on the bottom as it was shaking. The tire was coming off the ground. They also said it wasn't so common in the TF cars because of the increased power they have. It usually puts them up in smoke.

So I think they said you need more power :nod:

turbo2point2
10-05-2009, 06:49 AM
You're not allowed to make an air shifter before I do :eyebrows:

:D I have a few of the parts lying around, so I may try and assemble one, after the race season.

Tire shake:

Caused by not enough wheel speed early in the run. This makes the tire run over itself thereby losing contact with the track.

They then showed a T/A dragster in slow mo with the tire actually cupping on the bottom as it was shaking. The tire was coming off the ground. They also said it wasn't so common in the TF cars because of the increased power they have. It usually puts them up in smoke.

So I think they said you need more power :nod:

Yes, there are different ways the tires can go into a shake. Just as you had pointed out, from not being up on the tire enough to the other extreme, overpowering the tire. It will be interesting the next time out. I will have to try a number of things to see what works. All I may need is a bit of air pressure, or some more startline rpm, more or less boost on launch, wow that's more than one trip to the track... gotta get busy!

Turbo3Iroc
10-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Yes, a lot of variables.

Dave
10-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Did I hear someone in Top Fuel actually was shaken to their demise by tire shake? That's scary stuff there....

Reeves
10-20-2009, 09:13 AM
I will work on building an internally regulated alt tomorrow. I think it can be done.

Hey Lugert...did you ever get anywhere on this? I think I need to upgrade from 90 to 120 and would like to have it internally regulated.

Ondonti
10-25-2009, 02:31 AM
Why did you let off the throttle after the tireshake seemed to clear out...or was it still happening after your original "pedal"?

I would talk to the honda guys about tireshake. Tireshake has been one of the big problems for the SFWD crowd in the 8's and low 9's, especially when running the 26's. Especially since they run manual trans.

turbo2point2
10-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Why did you let off the throttle after the tireshake seemed to clear out...or was it still happening after your original "pedal"?

I would talk to the honda guys about tireshake. Tireshake has been one of the big problems for the SFWD crowd in the 8's and low 9's, especially when running the 26's. Especially since they run manual trans.

Yes the shake never got under control until after I pedalled. On the screen print I posted, the 3rd dip in the throttle was the longest I was out of the throttle. The first 2 attempts didn't clear it up. Good call about the honda guys, I will have to see how they overcome it. I am hoping to get to the track 2 more times before the season is over. I need to try and see what a bit more air pressure will do, and/or see what some more startline rpm/boost will do.

"Top Fuel" Bender
10-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Good call about the honda guys, I will have to see how they overcome it.

Alot of them were having problems with control arms moving
they run a set of heim'ed bars from the rad. suppport to the control arms

Ondonti
10-25-2009, 11:30 PM
I would like to see anything concocted up in those regards.

Reeves
10-26-2009, 09:36 AM

Yup, I've seen a lot of those on the Honda's.

"Top Fuel" Bender
10-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Yup, I've seen a lot of those on the Honda's.

Problem is the L-body radiator supports flex enough on their own

Reeves
10-26-2009, 11:43 AM

Problem is the L-body radiator supports flex enough on their own

Yup, I had to reinforce mine. I had tweaked it badly near the front motor mount on the driver side. Ended up straighting it out, added another channel over top of the stock channel, bolted it on, then plug welded it as well.

turbo2point2
11-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Decided to take the car out this coming weekend. Heading to MIR for this event: http://www.importvsdomestic.com/

I'm entering the street fighter class. The weather looks great for the entire weekend. Track prep will be 1st class. It will be record setting conditions:thumb: Can't wait!!

2.216VTurbo
11-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Nice:thumb: Did some kind of control arm support happen since last outing:eyebrows:?

92spiritrt
11-03-2009, 06:29 PM
what made you change your mind?

turboshad
11-03-2009, 06:41 PM
So do they call you an import or a domestic there? Good luck :thumb:

cordes
11-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Best of luck Brian.

135sohc
11-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Decided to take the car out this coming weekend. Heading to MIR for this event: http://www.importvsdomestic.com/

I'm entering the street fighter class. The weather looks great for the entire weekend. Track prep will be 1st class. It will be record setting conditions:thumb: Can't wait!!

Thats about 12 minutes from my house. But I have to work :(

Good Luck :thumb:

turbo2point2
11-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Nice:thumb: Did some kind of control arm support happen since last outing:eyebrows:?

Only changes made were some fuel tuning and loaded the 40psi cal.

what made you change your mind?

I didn't see that street fighter class at first. I was looking through the classes and found that one to fit pretty well.

So do they call you an import or a domestic there? Good luck :thumb:

Ha, not sure. I'm sure I will be labeled as an import though. Thanks DJ.

turbo2point2
11-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Best of luck Brian.

Thank you. I think I will need a bit of luck to run with some of the domestics, but I will have fun:nod:

Thats about 12 minutes from my house. But I have to work :(

Good Luck :thumb:

Thanks. If you get some free time, the event runs Saturday and Sunday. Eliminations on sunday @ 2pm.

BadAssPerformance
11-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Good luck! :thumb:

...should be coming to Turbopalooza instead tho ;)

rx2mazda
11-03-2009, 10:29 PM
You know i'm there buddy.

135sohc
11-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Thanks. If you get some free time, the event runs Saturday and Sunday. Eliminations on sunday @ 2pm.

I get off Sundays @ 2pm. I'll try to make it over.

Directconnection
11-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Hey Brian....

Sorry I am waaaaaay late on this: Congrats on the 9.3s!

BTW... 149.5 does equate to a 150mph pass if you round off:nod:

Reaper1
11-04-2009, 01:05 AM
Good luck! Let's see some more videos!!

Dave
11-04-2009, 02:18 AM
Will someone be taping, Brian? I love watching videos of your car. :)

Any new goals this last time out?

Pat
11-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Go get 'em Brian! See you on the 14th.

turbo2point2
11-04-2009, 07:30 AM
Good luck! :thumb:

...should be coming to Turbopalooza instead tho ;)

Thanks JT. I should be there, it's true. I'll miss you guys and best of luck to you all!

You know i'm there buddy.

:thumb: Awesome!

Hey Brian....

Sorry I am waaaaaay late on this: Congrats on the 9.3s!

BTW... 149.5 does equate to a 150mph pass if you round off:nod:

Thank you sir. I hope to have that milestone tucked away after the second qualifying pass:thumb:

turbo2point2
11-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Good luck! Let's see some more videos!!

I think we will have some more/better vids after this weekend:D

Will someone be taping, Brian? I love watching videos of your car. :)

Any new goals this last time out?

Carroll will be there helping out and hopefully getting some great footage. I think the car has an 8 second pass in her this weekend...under 30psi;)

Reeves
11-04-2009, 09:52 AM
I think the car has an 8 second pass in her this weekend...under 30psi;)

:amen:

DaveSkrab
11-04-2009, 10:02 AM
HMMM.... Maybe I will start my southern vacation using a different route! That's awesome Brian. Hopefully I will see you there.

rx2mazda
11-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Carroll will be there helping out and getting some great footage. I think the car has an 8 second pass in her this weekend...under 30psi;)

fixed! :amen:

Dave
11-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Jesus man... Youll be the 2nd TM then in the 8s. Or did Darrel Cox make an 8 sec pass?

turbo2point2
11-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Jesus man... Youll be the 2nd TM then in the 8s. Or did Darrel Cox make an 8 sec pass?

The old hotrod car went 7.9x it was sold off(i believe) after that class was axed.

Turbo3Iroc
11-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Good luck Brian!

Shadow
11-07-2009, 11:30 AM
I think the car has an 8 second pass in her this weekend...under 30psi;)

Nice, hope it works out, that would be something to see! (reminds me, must...continue....16v.....project.....!) :nod:

135sohc
11-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Doesnt look like I'll be able to make it over :o. Going to check out a very low mileage Sundance (38k old lady car) and see about purchasing it.

Again, good luck :thumb:

turbo2point2
11-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Long weekend. Made 3 qualifying passes, 2 on Sat. and 1 yesterday afternoon. Off the trailer on 25 psi:

60' - 1.524
330'- 4.065
1/8 - 6.124
mph- 116.29
1000- 7.887
1/4 - 9.400
mph - 147.83

Just a shakedown run to check the tuneup.

Qualifying #2

60' - 1.520
330'- 3.961<---pers. best
1/8 - 5.935<---pers. best
mph- 124.71<pers. best
1000- 7.634<---pers. best
1/4 - 9.103<---" "
mph- 149.00

Boost set to 30psi. Launch was soft, pulled hard after 60'. She nosed over on the back half from being pig rich. Fuel map needed some cleanup, track was phenominal.

Qualifying pass #3

I felt I had everything in place for Q3, fuel map was in great shape, I felt my launch boost settings were right on and I was ready. I was so ready to go down the track that I fouled. I wanted to cut a light, and I was waaaay early, I left before the timer started(F@$#!!!) so my timeslip read:

I stayed in it anyway, and finished the run. After getting back to the pits, I grabbed the data. From the time I let off the 2-step til the tps dropped was 8.80 seconds. I had my 8 second pass and let my nerves get in the way of my timeslip:o I will post a screen print in a bit. More later, gotta go to work...

Big thanks to everyone that came out for support this weekend. My buddy Rich and Jose were a huge help. Carroll was there for support on Sat. and also got some video.. Thanks Bud!!:thumb:

92spiritrt
11-09-2009, 08:10 AM
you'll get your 8 second slip this saturday, plus there will be plenty more tm people there to see it(and hopefully film it too). congrats

blk86trbo
11-09-2009, 08:10 AM
Man that 60 foot is incredible, congrats on the successful weekend!

Dave
11-09-2009, 09:33 AM
congrats anyway Brian!

rx2mazda
11-09-2009, 10:34 AM
LOL......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU1915ZV4g0

sorry about the crappy ending on this one. you can hear the announcer say the time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roeMibLy0VM

contraption22
11-09-2009, 11:22 AM
You're there man! Hopefully they prep the track halfway decently for us on Saturday.

"Top Fuel" Bender
11-09-2009, 11:27 AM
:clap:
:hail:

Reaper1
11-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Great stuff to watch first thing in the morning! :D

turbo2point2
11-09-2009, 12:10 PM
LOL......

LMMFAO!!!! You are a sick man!!:thumb::D:nod:Thanks for the vids and support Carroll!

Turbo3Iroc
11-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Did you qualify for the class? How did you fare in eliminations?

On the bright side Cecil is looking prime :nod:

turbo2point2
11-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Did you qualify for the class? How did you fare in eliminations?

On the bright side Cecil is looking prime :nod:

I was #24 qualifier of 57 cars in my class after round #1. I don't know where I was after 2nd round of qualifying but the bump dropped from 9.2x to 8.89:eek: And after my starting line mishap on round 3, I never made the field. Oh well, I had a blast, met a lot of good people, and will go next year with a bit more up my sleeve;)

Turbo3Iroc
11-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Wow, I wouldn't have thought the bump spot would have been that low. You couldn't make any test passes after that? How fast was the #1 qualifier?

turboshad
11-09-2009, 05:08 PM
I was #24 qualifier of 57 cars in my class after round #1. I don't know where I was after 2nd round of qualifying but the bump dropped from 9.2x to 8.89:eek: And after my starting line mishap on round 3, I never made the field. Oh well, I had a blast, met a lot of good people, and will go next year with a bit more up my sleeve;)

Cup is half full. You just spanked 38 V8ers in an 8 second class. Wicked job Brian :clap2:

Now for the real question, why do things like that always happen on you best passes?!?! Not that my times even compare but evertime I missed 4th it would have been my best pass. If I ever meet that guy named Murphy he better start running.

mcsvt
11-09-2009, 08:07 PM
LOL......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU1915ZV4g0

sorry about the crappy ending on this one. you can hear the announcer say the time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roeMibLy0VM

Thanks for the vids Carrol!

BadAssPerformance
11-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Nice work Brian! That's BADASS! :thumb:

cordes
11-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Congrats on the runs Brian. You are really scooting along. I'm willing to bet that there will be a 150MPH time slip in your near future.

Rampage16V
11-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Congrats Brian ! Good to hear! I love the vids :)

2.216VTurbo
11-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Announcer:

"Biiiig start line advantage for the Mustang, he's driving him down, will he get there? NOPE 9.87 Mustang to Slowes 9.1" Couldn't belive the win light came on that pass!:hail: Way to run him down "B Man" as your Vid guy calls you:thumb: Nice footage "C Man":D

rx2mazda
11-09-2009, 11:12 PM
LMMFAO!!!! You are a sick man!!:thumb::D:nod:Thanks for the vids and support Carroll!

lmao, you knew it was comin!

Cup is half full. You just spanked 38 V8ers in an 8 second class. Wicked job Brian :clap2:

Now for the real question, why do things like that always happen on you best passes?!?! Not that my times even compare but evertime I missed 4th it would have been my best pass. If I ever meet that guy named Murphy he better start running.

+1

Thanks for the vids Carrol!

:thumb:

I'm willing to bet that there will be a 150MPH time slip in your near future.

Didn't you get it on Sunday Brian?

turbo2point2
11-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Didn't you get it on Sunday Brian?

Yes, after I put myself out of the field, I went into an e.t. class. I felt I had to see what the car did on the previous run. I got through the burnout box and rolled towards the lights, an official stopped me and held me there for what felt like 4-5 minutes. Meanwhile the tires were cooling off from a half@$$ burnout I did. I finally stage the car, leave and put the tires into smoke. The car went a crappy 1.62-60' and 9.26 @ 150.xx at the end. So in the end, I did get my 150mph pass:thumb::D All that wheelspin on the holeshot made for 126.xx mph in the 1/8. Sorry for the x's, don't have my slip in front of me.

"Top Fuel" Bender
11-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Yes, after I put myself out of the field, I went into an e.t. class. I felt I had to see what the car did on the previous run. I got through the burnout box and rolled towards the lights, an official stopped me and held me there for what felt like 4-5 minutes. Meanwhile the tires were cooling off from a half@$$ burnout I did. I finally stage the car, leave and put the tires into smoke. The car went a crappy 1.62-60' and 9.26 @ 150.xx at the end. So in the end, I did get my 150mph pass:thumb::D All that wheelspin on the holeshot made for 126.xx mph in the 1/8. Sorry for the x's, don't have my slip in front of me.

hahah crappy 1.62
I'm damn proud of my best of a 1.62 thank you

Congrats on your 150mph, even though I know that's not how you wanted to get it
I think your 1/8 mph is higher then the 1/2 the quick 8 fields 1/4mile times @ sdac this year :lol:

Pat
11-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Great showing Brian. Can't wait to see it out there on Saturday.

Reeves
11-10-2009, 02:05 PM
great showing brian. Can't wait to see it out there on saturday.

me too!!!

contraption22
11-10-2009, 04:29 PM
I just did some quick calculations... I would have to jet up to a 350hp N20 shot to run ya down Brian!

I'm commin to get ya!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dave
11-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Wow! Great job brian. Car sounds angry! Did u have any more problems with tire shake?

Reeves
11-10-2009, 04:56 PM
I just did some quick calculations... I would have to jet up to a 350hp N20 shot to run ya down Brian!

I'm commin to get ya!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.lxforums.com/board/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

Reaper1
11-10-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm with him!! ^^

Pat
11-10-2009, 06:15 PM

I'm commin to get ya!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'd think a jet-less -06 line should do it.

Brian - Congrats for making Hot Rod!

turbo2point2
11-10-2009, 06:28 PM
hahah crappy 1.62
I'm damn proud of my best of a 1.62 thank you

Congrats on your 150mph, even though I know that's not how you wanted to get it
I think your 1/8 mph is higher then the 1/2 the quick 8 fields 1/4mile times @ sdac this year :lol:

Crappy for my car;) I think the 1.5x's I am seeing now are on the slow side. I want low-mid 1.4's

I'm commin to get ya!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL! How many passes would you get on a bottle?

Wow! Great job brian. Car sounds angry! Did u have any more problems with tire shake?

Thanks! No tire shake this weekend. The launch was pretty much as it was setup last time out. Track prep was the key this weekend.

Brian - Congrats for making Hot Rod!

Thanks Pat! I'm dying to see the issue myself.

thedon809
11-10-2009, 06:45 PM
You have an amazing car. Did you see the black viper out there run a 7.5 at 191 on low boost?

cordes
11-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Well congrats on your 150MPH pass then!

ShadowBrad
11-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Holy crap man! That thing freaking hauls some serious a$$!
Congrats on all the personal bests and the 150mph pass!
Keep up the awesome racing!

-brad

Dave
11-10-2009, 10:35 PM
I wanted to mention, since I've been talking about your car to numerous people, I think you've reached an iconic level.

turbo2point2
11-11-2009, 07:07 AM
You have an amazing car. Did you see the black viper out there run a 7.5 at 191 on low boost?

We had a good spot right under the timing board. So I had a real good view of that car as it came towards the top end. Very sweet car!!

Well congrats on your 150MPH pass then!

Thanks Cordes!

Holy crap man! That thing freaking hauls some serious a$$!
Congrats on all the personal bests and the 150mph pass!
Keep up the awesome racing!

-brad

Thank you Brad:thumb:

I wanted to mention, since I've been talking about your car to numerous people, I think you've reached an iconic level.

:oThanks, but there are a lot of guys before me that paved the way for our cars. I appreciate the kind words.

Reeves
11-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Thanks Pat! I'm dying to see the issue myself.

Did I miss something somewhere?

contraption22
11-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Did I miss something somewhere?

It's in another thread. Brian's car is in the January issue of Hot Rod.

Dave
11-11-2009, 10:19 AM
It's in another thread. Brian's car is in the January issue of Hot Rod.

Link? :)

Reeves
11-11-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm guessing this one?

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44215

R/T
11-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Brian;

Keep up the good work, as usual, an inspiration to us all.... :hail:

rx2mazda
11-15-2009, 12:54 PM
155MPH! way to go B!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32UrVBdjgS0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBmDrWjrX0A

Directconnection
11-15-2009, 12:56 PM
I can't view the vids.... (it's on my end)

What was his ET?

forcedfedmopar
11-15-2009, 01:01 PM
9.40 @155

cordes
11-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Wow, that's pretty fast.

2.216VTurbo
11-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Remember the guy that just wanted a 150 pass:lol:? You're supposed to make progress a half MPH at a time, smash the PB by 5 and it doesn't seem like you're working that hard at it:p Your video guy is getting better too:clap: Using a Monopod now C man? Nice and steady:thumb:

rx2mazda
11-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Remember the guy that just wanted a 150 pass:lol:? You're supposed to make progress a half MPH at a time, smash the PB by 5 and it doesn't seem like you're working that hard at it:p Your video guy is getting better too:clap: Using a Monopod now C man? Nice and steady:thumb:

lol, no just my 30 year old guns holding the camera(not camcorder)steady!:amen::p

DaveSkrab
11-15-2009, 07:29 PM
So sweet watching that 'chute come out!! Again, Great job Brian!

rx2mazda
11-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Yeah, Brian should update his SIG to "chute whore" LOL!

turbo2point2
11-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Yeah, Brian should update his SIG to "chute whore" LOL!

lmao! I love pulling that thing, but repacking it...:yuck:

Thanks again for the vids Bud;) Those 30 year old guns are doing the job just fine!

bakes
11-15-2009, 09:33 PM
holly crap !!! now you have broke 150 mark i guess its you have to reset your goals to the 175 mark:eyebrows:
Keep up the good work !!!:clap:

Reeves
11-16-2009, 10:14 AM
I was there! I saw that sh*t!!!

turbovanmanČ
11-16-2009, 02:55 PM
I don't even know where to start, freaking awesome, :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Reaper1
11-17-2009, 01:56 AM
Saaawwweeeeetttt!!!

turbo2point2
11-17-2009, 07:20 AM
I don't even know where to start, freaking awesome, :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Thanks Simon!:D

tsiconquest88
11-17-2009, 09:36 AM
been said a million times but AWSOME man, very impressive car!!! where was these 155 runs at?

Reeves
11-17-2009, 09:56 AM
been said a million times but AWSOME man, very impressive car!!! where was these 155 runs at?

On the track!

.....sorry...couldn't resist. Had to get it in before Marra did!

turboshad
11-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Fine, if no one else has the balls to say it I will, cause I know you're all thinking it.

What the hell Brian? Couldn't make 156mph?!?!? :ban:

"Top Fuel" Bender
11-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Fine, if no one else has the balls to say it I will, cause I know you're all thinking it.

What the hell Brian? Couldn't make 156mph?!?!? :ban:

I thought you were going to call tail wind :p

Like a wacky Canadian knows what MPH is anyway :lol:

turbo2point2
11-17-2009, 12:05 PM
I appreciate all the comments guys, it keeps me wanting to go out there every weekend and get a new PB.

If all goes well and the weather is good, I am gonna try and get out this weekend. I am going to try to convince Marra to get his car out one last time before he sets it down for the winter;) The same goes for me, I want to get it out one last time before the winter hibernation begins.

contraption22
11-17-2009, 12:26 PM
I appreciate all the comments guys, it keeps me wanting to go out there every weekend and get a new PB.

If all goes well and the weather is good, I am gonna try and get out this weekend. I am going to try to convince Marra to get his car out one last time before he sets it down for the winter;) The same goes for me, I want to get it out one last time before the winter hibernation begins.

I'll have to see what the family has planned. I know my parents are expecting some new furniture this weekend, but I am not sure when. Gotta move the current stuff into the basment in the mean time so I can save it for when I get a new place.