PDA

View Full Version : US spec vs Everything else...

tryingbe
02-26-2006, 03:11 AM
What's the spec of those Canadian Exports and Europe Exports turbo dodge?

I'm tired of people saying Europe Specs when I don't know what the differences are...

89DaytonaTII
02-26-2006, 03:57 AM
we got block heaters in ours up here :)

sdac guy
02-26-2006, 09:41 AM
The differences are very subtle for the most part, by which I mean that unless you are really familiar with the car line, you probably would not notice the difference unless you look closely. The differences usually doesn't have anything to do with the engine or drivtrain (but there may be). Things like side mirrors that fold away, side marker lights in the center of the front fenders (not just the corner), amber rear turn signal lens (and other items I'm not aware of).

Most of the new cars designed now, actually have features that the Euro spec have demanded. For example the elimination of a protruding front bumper (compared to the 80's), and the fairly flat front area were all done to meet Euro pedestrian injury standards. I don't know the standard exactly, but it is something like they don't want a broken leg from a 20mph hit.

So it is easier to design ALL the cars to meet that standard than just the export models (examples, 300, Charger, Magnum). I think there is another feature in that spec that the hood to engine clearance must be a certain value, that way when the pedestrian gets flipped onto the hood, it will be a "soft" landing.

You probably will not see many cars that have the front "wedge" shape like a Shelby Charger or Daytona ever produced in the US again, unless they are not for the Euro market.

Barry