PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Shelby Charger

skitzo_inc
02-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Hello all,

I just re-purchased my 1985 Shelby Charger. I owned it in High School, but blew up the motor. Luckly, my father bought it from me, fixed it, and sold it back to me. Cost me more than I wanted to, but hey, it's a Shelby. I'm looking for a complete fascia kit, new mid-armrest, and a few other odds and ends to complete it. Gonna make it totally original. If you have anyway you can help me with this, please let me know.

Thanks!

--Paul Johnson

I'll have pictures as soon as I find my camera.

DC Turismo
02-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Good luck on the armrest haha There was actually a whole center console armrest combo on here for sale within the last week as wel as one on eBay.

Front fascia, there's a brand new one on ebay currently IIRC.

PM me with what you need specifically and might be able to help you out with some odds and ends as my brother and I have parted a few of these out in our day. Welcome to the board!

GLHS592
02-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Are you the one that e-mailed me? Welcome to the forum?

supercrackerbox
02-29-2008, 05:09 AM
Grand Island huh? If you're down for a mild road trip, with or without the car, a bunch of us Lincoln and Omaha guys are trying to arrange a get together on Saturday, April 12. Time and place haven't been decided yet, but we'll let you know.

skitzo_inc
03-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Cool. I'll most likely be free, just gotta check the schedule with the job, but it's time to request off, so I might be doing that. Just lemme know about time and place, and I'll be there. It's not pretty yet, but I'm working on getting some money for paint job and some minor repair on the body. Know of any decent places that do paint jobs? That are not totally outrageous?

supercrackerbox
03-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Locally, I wouldn't know. I've never really spent much time in GI, just passing through on trips to Denver. As far as Lincoln goes, most of the shops around here only deal with insurance paid collision repair, not so much in restorations. Crash Busters might be a good place to call, I've seen them do some fairly nice custom jobs. There's also Kar Kraft, who specialize in the Shelby Mustangs and Fords, but they're pretty pricey, and from what we've tried with them, they don't give two bits about the Dodges. Ray (86Shelby) I think knows a guy in Fremont, but you'd have to talk to him about that. But come summer I'll be looking for some cleanup work on my own Charger, I'll let you know what I find out.

skitzo_inc
03-02-2008, 02:49 PM
I know Ray! I met him once outside Culvers when I had my Shleby in High School. Everyone there was like, I'll race the daytona! And he was suprised to see a Shelby Charger. I will definetly be there in April, I took that day off. I'll get his number off a friend of mine and give him a call. I'm not looking for custom jobs, just making it stock. Gonna be worth more in the long run, and it's a sweet looking car anyway.

spoolinhard
03-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Hello all,

I just re-purchased my 1985 Shelby Charger. I owned it in High School, but blew up the motor. Luckly, my father bought it from me, fixed it, and sold it back to me. Cost me more than I wanted to, but hey, it's a Shelby. I'm looking for a complete fascia kit, new mid-armrest, and a few other odds and ends to complete it. Gonna make it totally original. If you have anyway you can help me with this, please let me know.

Thanks!

--Paul Johnson

I'll have pictures as soon as I find my camera.

I more than likely have everything you need. PM what all you need if you still need anything. I will see you the 12th!

86Shelby
03-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Nice to see you on the board, Paul!

skitzo_inc
03-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Thank you!