PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 T1 airbox Q's

ScottD
02-25-2006, 10:24 PM
I converted my 91 Daytona C/S to intercooled using a modified 89 T2 air box.

Now I'm converting it back to T1 to sell it and I can't remember the routing of the hoses off the stock T1 air box.

There is a barb off the front of the airbox. It goes straight down. It looks like a PCV drain. Where does the hose from this barb go to?

Also, there is a hose barb off the back of the air box. It sticks straight out. Does this just go to vacuum?

Any help appreciated. I've been over the FSMs and the vacuum diagrams and still am unsure what to do with these two hose barbs.

Turbodave
02-26-2006, 10:38 AM
If I remember right one hose off the airbox goes into a hose connected to the oil return line. I think the other goes to a vacuum source, but it's been a while since i've messed with a 90and up airbox. If you can't figure anything out by the end of the day shoot me a PM and remind me to go look at the airbox on my van.

ScottD
02-26-2006, 10:57 AM
Thanks Dave.

The one in the back goes to vacuum. I found a spare airbox with some hoses intact and I figured that part out.

The front barb looks like it is related to the PCV system. Still not sure exactly where that goes though.

3nglenn
02-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Hi ScottD- I looked at an air box I had in the barn. It's from an 89 2.5 T1 with a Mitsu turbo on it. If you hold the air box upright so the air inlet (from the computer) is facing you this is what I see: on the right is the nipple (large) that goes to the PCV circuit off the valve cover. Sticking out of the bottom of the airbox is the nipple (huge) of the BOV, that's hidden inside the airbox, which connects to inlet line to the turbo (that line should have a nipple sticking out of it). On the left is the hole for the vacume supply line for the BOV. Next to that hole is a small nipple that I believe connects to the nipple that sticks out of the discharge line of the turbo (Mitsu). Of course this is all assuming that the set has a BOV set up to begin with. (92 set up the same?) If this doesn't help I could get a pic of the set-up. Maybe some else here can explain it better than i can... Good luck and keep us posted... G.P.