PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Pedal Assembly Question

iBorg
02-25-2008, 10:38 PM
What's the difference between the SRT Clutch brake pedal assembly and the PT Cruiser unit? Any difference?

Thanks,

Mike

JDAWG
02-25-2008, 11:07 PM
i would assume mounting

iBorg
02-26-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm curious if I were to adapt the pedal swing arms to my Cruiser if it would bring the pedals closer to my wife. Also, are all clutch brake assemblies the same for the Neons?

Thanks,

Mike

rich tideswell
02-26-2008, 11:57 PM
i would assume mounting

I dunno.... 2000-2005 Pt Cruisers and Neons are on the PL Platform, I wouldn't be shocked to discover they share common hardware like that.

are all clutch brake assemblies the same for the Neons?

Thanks,

Mike

I'm not positive about 1st gen neons, but all hydrolic pedal assemblies are the same for the Neon (2001-2005). SRT-4 has the aluminum pads that swap out for rubber (and vise versa). The only odd ball MIGHT be the 2000 Neon as it was a cable just like the 1995-1999 Neon.

iBorg
02-27-2008, 12:55 AM
Rich:
I'm guessing the pedal swing arm pushed a rod to the master cylinder for both the clutch and brake. From your experience, how hard would it be to fabricate these two pieces? Either end have reverse threads?

Thanks,

Mike

rich tideswell
02-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Rich:
I'm guessing the pedal swing arm pushed a rod to the master cylinder for both the clutch and brake. From your experience, how hard would it be to fabricate these two pieces? Either end have reverse threads?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, I really wouldn't know. I've never had a pedal assembly apart to tell you. As far a dificulty fabracting something, that depends on you and your skills, or who you know that owes you a favor.