PDA

View Full Version : Grounding kit..

Mysterio
02-25-2008, 09:03 AM
I bought the grounding kit off your website (http://www.fwdperformance.com/store/Product.asp?IDCatalog=5&ProductID=713) quite some time ago to beef up my grounds. I've finally decided that I want to put it on and I can't find the instructions for the life of me.

Does anyone at FWDP (Or anyone else for that matter) have a PDF or something on the computer of the instructions on where these ground wires go?

Murphy
02-25-2008, 01:20 PM
i dont have the instructions handy but i've had the head on and off enough i know it basically by heart

in order of length from shortest to longest

#1 - nice and easy....fire wall to the intake manifold
#2 - battery to body ground on the fender]
#3 - same battery ground to the drivers side of the head...should use the same ground as a ground coming out of the wiring harness
#4 - from the same ground on the head to a ground on the alternator

when i put them on I took a wire wheel to all the ground connectors/body/head to ensure a good clean connection.

Mysterio
02-25-2008, 08:16 PM
i dont have the instructions handy but i've had the head on and off enough i know it basically by heart

#3 - same battery ground to the drivers side of the head...should use the same ground as a ground coming out of the wiring harness

when i put them on I took a wire wheel to all the ground connectors/body/head to ensure a good clean connection.

Awesome thanks. I planned on cleaning up all my grounds when putting it together. I want to make sure everything's grounding right just for peace of mind.

badandy
02-26-2008, 11:24 AM

I *think* #1 actually is supposed to go directly to the fuel rail. Not sure if that makes a difference vs. to the head but I know the directions say to the fuel rail mounting bolt.

JDAWG
02-26-2008, 11:34 AM
I *think* #1 actually is supposed to go directly to the fuel rail. Not sure if that makes a difference vs. to the head but I know the directions say to the fuel rail mounting bolt.

depending on the year fo the car it may not have a ground on the fuel rail

badandy
02-26-2008, 12:18 PM
depending on the year fo the car it may not have a ground on the fuel rail
The instructions didn't specify model year when instructing to do this ;)

JamesL
02-27-2008, 01:29 PM
I bought the grounding kit off your website (http://www.fwdperformance.com/store/Product.asp?IDCatalog=5&ProductID=713) quite some time ago to beef up my grounds. I've finally decided that I want to put it on and I can't find the instructions for the life of me.

Does anyone at FWDP (Or anyone else for that matter) have a PDF or something on the computer of the instructions on where these ground wires go?

Sorry it took me so long to find this. I've got to do some file consolidating. I'll also put this up in our store. Its a feature I built to make access to product instructions easy but we haven't done a good job of keeping it up to date.

Mysterio
02-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Sorry it took me so long to find this. I've got to do some file consolidating. I'll also put this up in our store. Its a feature I built to make access to product instructions easy but we haven't done a good job of keeping it up to date.

Perfect! :) Thanks.