PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to get more points of adjustment in d-cal/chem?

Clay
02-23-2008, 01:09 AM
and for my last question of the night:

I look at a lot of the tables in d-cal and chem, and most of them only seem to have 3, 4, or maybe 5 adjustable points through out the RPM band.

Is it possible to get more points, for more finite adjustment?

cordes
02-23-2008, 01:17 AM
Have you added a point with chem2 yet? All you have to do is right click I believe. I have not added a point yet, nor have I seen what that looks like in D-cal or chem1. You are on a custom cal mission the past couple of days!

Clay
02-23-2008, 01:18 AM
hehehe, no better time to learn than the winter! ;)

that and its great when all the cool features I see other cars have being made available with our stock "junk". ;) Thanks to guys like Rob with the free cals, and guys like you who share their knowledge, I become very interested!

Clay
02-23-2008, 01:20 AM
and holy cow it freakin works! Thanks Cordes!

cordes
02-23-2008, 01:22 AM
and holy cow it freakin works! Thanks Cordes!

Just be careful with that, as I don't believe that there is an easy way to click the point back out of the table once it is in there...

Clay
02-23-2008, 01:28 AM
thats probably true. Ill just have to make sure thats what I want before I put it in there I guess. thanks!

moparzrule
02-23-2008, 09:17 AM
What about in D-cal? Anybody know how to add points there?

ShelGame
02-23-2008, 10:59 AM
What about in D-cal? Anybody know how to add points there?

I figured out a way to do it in D-Cal. I do it this way all the time. It sounds difficult, but it really isn't.

First, look at the table you want to add a point to. View it in binary mode (binary button on the bottom of the D-Cal window), make a note of the last byte ('3a' or something like it), then press the hex button. Look for that last byte again, should be closer to the top. Now, count the number of 'FF's after that last byte. You need at least 4 bytes (4 'FF's) to add a point to the typical 8-bit table. 16-bit (fuel) tables need 5 bytes. Figure out how many points you can add to the table and close the binary viewer. Now, open the properties for the table and change the table type to 8-bit constant. Close the propoerties and now you can view and edit the 1st byte of the table - which is the byte that tells the ECU how many points are in it. If the table has 3 bytes, this constant will be '3'. If you are adding 2 points to the table, change this value to '5'. Now, open the properties again and change the table back to it's original type. Close the properties and you now have 2 more points to play with in your table.

cordes
02-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Very cool Rob. Thanks for sharing that with us, that might come in handy some day.

Aries_Turbo
02-23-2008, 12:15 PM
wow, thats easier than the knowledge center article i wrote about doing it manually with a hex editor. :) (ie check the KC)

Brian

ShelGame
02-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Maybe I'll add that info to the KC article I'm working on for tweaking cals. I'll add pictures and stuff to amke it more clear...

Aries_Turbo
02-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Maybe I'll add that info to the KC article I'm working on for tweaking cals. I'll add pictures and stuff to amke it more clear...

i already did that at least the manual way. http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/vbarticles.php?do=article&articleid=79

lemme know if you want anything added or if you want me to add that new info to my stuff.

we could also combine all our info into one huge calibration article if you want.

Brian

zin
02-23-2008, 03:49 PM
we could also combine all our info into one huge calibration article if you want.

Brian

That would be awesome! Two heads are better than one, and the conversation you two would have in order to coordinate your info might yield some unexpected, but helpful insights!

Mike