View Full Version : Suspension: Big brakes 89-90 one piece

minigts
02-22-2008, 12:03 AM
Looking for the large brakes found on these models:

LeBaron GTC
Daytona Shelby
Daytona ES Turbo/ES V6
Daytona CS

They may come on other cars. If so, any information identifying this would be greatly appreciated. Obviously I would like to get them for a good price, so please be reasonable and kind. :)

Thanks,

minigts

Lotashelbys
02-22-2008, 02:11 AM
How soon are you needing them? I have a few sets but they are buried in two feet of snow:mad:

minigts
02-22-2008, 09:12 AM
How soon are you needing them? I have a few sets but they are buried in two feet of snow:mad:

Depends on the price. :D It's not an immediate requirement, but the wife is getting something powdercoated and I got the green light to get the brakes so we can do MY brakes and HER project at the same time. What a sweet and wonderful wife I have. (she's standing behind me ;)) Oh and she says I deserve wholesale pricing or better. :drum:

I assume you are going to be buried in snow for a while? I guess if you have an ETA that would be good to know, but I don't want you to have to dig out anything at the moment. I guess when the weather is better for you would be cool. PM with a price though?

Thanks!

GLHS592
02-22-2008, 09:28 AM
What project are you doing for the wife? Is it the pictures you showed me or is it a car? :)

Have you thought about doing the minivan brakes up front with a 24 mm master cylinder? It works great and I have very little cash in mine. The calipers were cheap at O'Reilly's after you turn in the cores and the master cylinder (GET A BRAND NEW ONE!) was too. All you have to get off the van is the caliper brackets and pins.

minigts
02-22-2008, 09:51 AM
What project are you doing for the wife? Is it the pictures you showed me or is it a car? :)

Have you thought about doing the minivan brakes up front with a 24 mm master cylinder? It works great and I have very little cash in mine. The calipers were cheap at O'Reilly's after you turn in the cores and the master cylinder (GET A BRAND NEW ONE!) was too. All you have to get off the van is the caliper brackets and pins.

Yes on the project for the wife. We got a steal on a sink, but everything is brass so we are going to get it powdercoated to "correct" the problem. :)

I have the big brakes from the minivan, but I just can't bring myself to put them on my car knowing the rears will be larger. I plan on getting a proportioning valve once I install the rears. I know it is vane, but I just can't have my car like that. :\

minigts
02-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Bump, still looking for these.

minigts
04-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Bump on this again. Lotashelbys, you still got snow? :-)