PDA

View Full Version : TIII rad fan

mark
02-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Does anyone know of any rad fans that are a drop in for the TIII's?

I was working on my car and i was letting it warm up and i noticed the fan didnt come on at the half way point, i pulled the coolant sensor and the fan did not come on, put a vom on the fan wiring, and it got 12v when i pulled the sensor...

if there arent any simple to bolt up does anyone have one for sale?
shroud and all,

My shroud is good, but i destroyed the fan when trying to get the motor off.

rich tideswell
02-21-2008, 11:31 PM
given the smaller width for the TIII rad i'd say the fan blade is prolly specific to TIII cars.... so you're prolly boned unless a fan blade will swap from say... a minivan?????

no one sells complete fan assemblies for TIII cars

Xtrempickup
02-21-2008, 11:43 PM
the fan shroud is different. replace the motor with one from a same year car with plastic slimline rad fan, i got mine from a sundance. works now.

turbovanmanČ
02-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Got a pic of it?

Xtrempickup
02-22-2008, 03:10 PM
pic of the shroud? pic of the motor? pic of your wife? what kind a picture are you looking for?lol the main difference is the TIII one has a notch for the coolant bottle, a 3.0 acclaim one is very similar in shape and everything but no notch for the bottle.

turbovanmanČ
02-22-2008, 03:35 PM
The whole assembly of course, ;)

Edit, nevermind, I'll go look at mine, durr, keep forgetting i have one sometimes. :confused:

mark
02-22-2008, 04:27 PM
i fabbed one up. i fitted a new 15" electric fan to the stock shroud, i had to trim a lot of it away but it kept the 2 lower slots and the upper 2 bolt holes, and the upper coolant res notch so i kept the same bottle.

came out good...