PDA

View Full Version : Phosphate 1.0 - SBEC assembly file for VNT or T2 2.2L

quantum
02-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Well I decided to tune my CSX-VNT and ended up coming up with my own code after about a month of work.

Phosphate 1.5 is up and running!

Attached below is Phosphate 1.5; this .zip file contains the assembly code for 1990 VNT or T2 conversion for the 2.2L (there is a switch in the .asm file to choose). I've also included a switch to go from 2 bar to 3 bar map, Rob's CE flash routine, and a staging mod similar to the one in Geoff's Ladybug60 for the SMEC. Please read the read me file (both html and .txt versions are included) and look over all the tables to be sure they are correct before you try to run this cal. I've included both .tbl and .calx files so that D-cal and Chem will work correctly (including the fuel injector scaling and fueling in Chem2, and the options fields in D-Cal). If there are any changes that need to be made please send me a message.

I finally got the staging mod working (I rewrote it so that it uses a direct compare to rpm instead of inverse. To calculate value to put there take your desired (RPM + 200)/32.125 then convert to HEX. It is currently set to 3500 RPM (67).

This version produces codes 12 (batter disconnect from the change, will go away) and 53 (check sum error from recal, I think D-cal can recalculate it so it goes away, but it doesn't affect the function). I am unsure of codes that may occur with the T2 side; it shouldn't throw any more than the VNT if it is set up like a T1, but solenoid codes may be thrown because of the differences. Please post up any issues or codes you get. Thanks to everyone for their support and especially starman for testing so much for me.

ShelGame
02-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Cool, good work!

quantum
02-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Cool, good work!

Thanks for the encouragement. If you see any problems with the code just let me know and I'll make the changes.

I'm planning on finishing the socket on my SBEC this weekend, I've been putting it off because I don't solder a lot and I'm a bit apprehensive about burning the board or something stupid like that. Once I have that done I'm going to burn a chip and put it in my CSX to see how it runs.

ShelGame
02-21-2008, 11:54 AM
I just looked it over; did you use my old DHC11 dis-assy as the start? I converted my '90 T1 dis-assy over to Geoff's dis-assembler (had to modify it a bit, though - he omitted some instructions that the SBEC code uses). Since the VNT and T1 codebases are 99% the same (the T1 has some extra error checking that the VNT doesn't have), you might want to take a look at it. I have nearly all of the ram locations ID'd, plus much better definitions of the the various routines - many of which weren't ID'd at all in my VNT dis-assy. Drop me your e-mail addy and I'll send it to you...

quantum
02-21-2008, 12:33 PM
I just looked it over; did you use my old DHC11 dis-assy as the start? I converted my '90 T1 dis-assy over to Geoff's dis-assembler (had to modify it a bit, though - he omitted some instructions that the SBEC code uses). Since the VNT and T1 codebases are 99% the same (the T1 has some extra error checking that the VNT doesn't have), you might want to take a look at it. I have nearly all of the ram locations ID'd, plus much better definitions of the the various routines - many of which weren't ID'd at all in my VNT dis-assy. Drop me your e-mail addy and I'll send it to you...

Yes I did use your old file with a few modifications. I PM'ed you my email. I would love to get my hands on the new version, though I don't think I have Geoff's disassembler (unless it's built into Chem2). I could probably pump out a new version of this in a few days with better definitions and as such. Thanks again.

starman
02-21-2008, 02:15 PM
wow!! excelent job :D

i have one question: where do you set the rpm for the staging limiter ?

quantum
02-21-2008, 02:44 PM
wow!! excelent job :D

i have one question: where do you set the rpm for the staging limiter ?

The in chem and d-cal there is a is constant REVLMTX which is a word value. To get the value to place in there take the rpm limit you want and divide 7,500,000 by it; then take that result in minus the decimal section (whole number) and change it to a hex value here (http://www.statman.info/conversions/hexadecimal.html) or use the hex selection in windows calculator.

For example I have it at 3500 rpm so 7,500,000/3500 = 2142.857.., 2143 to hex is 085F (the 0 at the start is because it needs 4 places in the code).

ShelGame
02-21-2008, 03:02 PM
NOOOOO! In the later code, the rev limits are directly scaled to RPM, not inverse RPM like the LM code. The scale is 0-8192rpm. So, 3500 rpm = 0x6D60 in hex. 0x085F = 267 rpm!!!

quantum
02-21-2008, 03:48 PM
NOOOOO! In the later code, the rev limits are directly scaled to RPM, not inverse RPM like the LM code. The scale is 0-8192rpm. So, 3500 rpm = 0x6D60 in hex. 0x085F = 267 rpm!!!

Is that true for the distributer falling edge pulse width as well? I didn't compare the value directly to the rpm, but the falling edge pulse width. If it is a direct comparison I'll correct the code tonight and repost.

ShelGame
02-21-2008, 03:54 PM
I didn't look at your code - are you comparing the value to the falling edge PW or to the actual RPM? How did you implement the staging mod? I assumed you modified the stock VNT rev limiter code, but if you did something different - my bad...

EDIT: OK, I see how you did it now. That should work fine. Though, you could also load the RPM_HB instead (instead of the fall edge PW) and compare your rev limit to that in actual RPM. No need for the funky scaling anymore...

quantum
02-21-2008, 04:36 PM
I didn't look at your code - are you comparing the value to the falling edge PW or to the actual RPM? How did you implement the staging mod? I assumed you modified the stock VNT rev limiter code, but if you did something different - my bad...

EDIT: OK, I see how you did it now. That should work fine. Though, you could also load the RPM_HB instead (instead of the fall edge PW) and compare your rev limit to that in actual RPM. No need for the funky scaling anymore...

Thanks for taking a look so fast. As I go through and redo the code with the file you just sent me I'll rewrite it so it's a direct comparison to the EngineRPM_HB instead, I didn't know for sure if the ENGINE_RPM_DIA (EngineRPM_HB) in the code was exactly what I though it was so I didn't want to risk using it and have something go wrong.

cordes
02-21-2008, 05:42 PM
If I ever get my shadow to run properly again I will have to give this code a try. Thanks for all the effort you are putting into it.

starman
02-21-2008, 05:56 PM
I have my Shadow ready to test it, but I will wait until next release, plus I have to change tables to reflect my engine: T2, 2.5 with 3 bar map

quantum
02-22-2008, 04:36 PM
I have my Shadow ready to test it, but I will wait until next release, plus I have to change tables to reflect my engine: T2, 2.5 with 3 bar map

Thats cool, It may be a while till the next release though. So long as nothing is broken in this release I'm in no rush make a lot of changes.

Aries_Turbo
02-24-2008, 02:00 AM
nice job chris. i didnt know you knew this code stuff.

Brian

Tony Fields
02-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Did you guys stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night? :nod:

starman
02-26-2008, 12:10 PM
I test the cal last night; first I compiled for T2 with 3 bar map using this switches in the Phosphate.asm file:
T2 = 1
Map2Bar == 0
Map3Bar == 1

And with D-Cal scaled for 2.5 engine with stock injectors, let the REVLMTX table like it was. The car would fire up, idle and cruise normal. According to my WB it was bouncing normal. But the staging mod never worked. Then I check codes and it have 12, 65, 37 and 55.

I do not know if the CE flash mod works, I do not wanted to go more than 6 psi into boost.

With a 90MP_MTX_3-Bar_Sw-Bst Rob based cal my car works great and it only have 12, 31 and 55 codes (Mexican cars do not have purge solenoids).

---
Fernando Gamboa
Monterrey, MEXICO
Shadow GTS 91 / Arcangel 13.847@19psi, 30°C

quantum
02-26-2008, 12:17 PM
I test the cal last night; first I compiled for T2 with 3 bar map using this switches in the Phosphate.asm file:
T2 = 1
Map2Bar == 0
Map3Bar == 1

And with D-Cal scaled for 2.5 engine with stock injectors, let the REVLMTX table like it was. The car would fire up, idle and cruise normal. According to my WB it was bouncing normal. But the staging mod never worked. Then I check codes and it have 12, 65, 37 and 55.

I do not know if the CE flash mod works, I do not wanted to go more than 6 psi into boost.

With a 90MP_MTX_3-Bar_Sw-Bst Rob based cal my car works great and it only have 12, 31 and 55 codes (Mexican cars do not have purge solenoids).

---
Fernando Gamboa
Monterrey, MEXICO

I'll look into it and post back up later. Thanks

quantum
02-26-2008, 06:19 PM
I think I found the issue with the codes and corrected it, I also did a quick rewrite on the Staging mod so that will hopefully work now. If anyone finds a problem please let me know so I can work on it. I've replaced the 1.0 with 1.1 for those who have downloaded it.

starman
02-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Excelent, i will give it a try :D

starman
02-27-2008, 06:28 PM
With this version the engine does not stay started, it dies immediately, and if I press the gas pedal to maintain idle it makes a knock sound and the rpm are very low

Then I check the codes and get 12, 66, 37 and 55.

---
Fernando Gamboa
Monterrey, MEXICO

quantum
02-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Dang it. Sorry about that. I think I know where I made the error too. If you want to give it another try let me know and I'll post it up, other wise I think I'll wait till I can test it in my car properly which may be a while. Unfortunatly I'm pretty new to this so I'm learning as I go.

starman
02-27-2008, 07:26 PM
No problem, I know we take some risk testing new mods.... if you can post it, I can test it :D

But not tonight because I’m going to the racetrack :cool:

quantum
02-28-2008, 03:39 PM
I've posted up the 1.2 version. Hopefully with the staging mod corrected and any other issues. As always, please post up any issues you find with the code so I can try to fix them. Thanks

starman
02-28-2008, 05:54 PM
I have 1 silly question...

In the file Phosphate.asm, it is normal to use only "=" when you assign a value to the T2 variable and use "==" when assign vale to the Map2Bar and Map3Bar variables ?

quantum
02-28-2008, 07:41 PM
I have 1 silly question...

In the file Phosphate.asm, it is normal to use only "=" when you assign a value to the T2 variable and use "==" when assign vale to the Map2Bar and Map3Bar variables ?

The assembler doesn't care. I just used two different ways of saying the same thing because in the batch file I wanted to use a search string to define what is and isn't 2 or 3 bar for naming the file, the double == allowed me to get a single result instead of many = 1 resutls. You can change the T2 = 1 to T2 == 1 if you like, but ether way it's complied the hex comes out the same.

starman
02-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the explanation :D I let you know when I try this new version :thumb:

starman
02-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Ok, now I test it with out changing anything to the cal, I did compiled for T2 and 3 bar map, the engine still do not run and maybe a video is worth more than words:

http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=NH4xG8NZWGo

quantum
02-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Well, I compared the 1.0 version (which at least ran) to the 1.2. There was a section of the T2 code which was missing from the 1.0 version that had added in the 1.1 and left alone in 1.2. After taking a long look at it I think that I had missed a line, so I rewrote it; then I compiled it and compared it to the bin file for Robs SBEC_T2_3-Bar_Swboost_CE bin file. The only differences are in the tables (timing and fuel mostly), the staging mod code, and his signature at the end. I also compared it to the 90MP_MTX_3-Bar_Sw-Bst_+40 bin file and the code is completely different. I'm not familiar with what the SBEC_T2_3-Bar_Swboost_CE started out as, but the code is much closer to the 90 VNT code than the MP code. In the end the difference between what I have now and the 1.0 version is that section of T2 code I missed is now in and hopefully correct and the staging mod trimmed a bit. I'm not sure which is causing the no run your experiencing, but the easy test would be to do a build with the t2 switch on but no staging mod. If that runs right try it with the staging mod and see if it dies, then I would know if the error lies with the mod or the piece of code. I'll leave it up to you if you want to give it another run; I feel bad having you take the time and risk while I hack away at ideas with the code. Hopefully I'll be able to do my own testing soon, but in the mean time let me know if you are up for another adventure. Thanks so much for your willingness to help.

starman
03-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Sorry about the delay with the tests. Finaly i have test this new version with the staging limiter on the problem is the same, but with the staging limiter off it idle and cruise normal. On both the codes are the same as previous versions: 12, 66, 37 and 55

iTurbo
03-10-2008, 12:23 PM
I would like to try this cal on my Shelby Lancer. I have converted the car to SBEC already, but I'm using the '91 2.5L T1/MTX factory SBEC with the TII engine. It runs good but gets pretty bad gas mileage. Should I just buy one of FWDP staged SBEC computers in order to get a socketed computer and purchase a chip from one of you guys?

quantum
03-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Sorry about the delay with the tests. Finaly i have test this new version with the staging limiter on the problem is the same, but with the staging limiter off it idle and cruise normal. On both the codes are the same as previous versions: 12, 66, 37 and 55

Ok, So I need to rework the staging mod. I'll look into it and post up later. Thanks so much for giving it another go.

quantum
03-28-2008, 10:39 PM
OK! Phosphate 1.5 is up.

I finally got the staging mod working (I rewrote it so that it uses a direct compare to rpm instead of inverse. To calculate value to put there take your desired (RPM + 200)/32.125 then convert to HEX. It is currently set to 3500 RPM (67).

This version produces codes 12 (batter disconnect from the change, will go away) and 53 (check sum error from recal, I think D-cal can recalculate it so it goes away, but it doesn't affect the function). I am unsure of codes that may occur with the T2 side; it shouldn't throw any more than the VNT if it is set up like a T1, but solenoid codes may be thrown because of the differences. Please post up any issues or codes you get. Thanks to everyone for their support and especially starman for testing so much for me.

starman
04-02-2008, 02:43 PM
It works!!! it works!!! http://dpcmx.net/portal/Smileys/default/eminencia.gifhttp://dpcmx.net/portal/Smileys/default/eminencia.gifhttp://dpcmx.net/portal/Smileys/default/eminencia.gif

I compiled it to use 3bar and T2 code, i'm still get the codes 12, 66, 37, 31 and 55, are any way to hide codes 66, 37 and 31?

quantum
04-02-2008, 03:31 PM
It works!!! it works!!! http://dpcmx.net/portal/Smileys/default/eminencia.gifhttp://dpcmx.net/portal/Smileys/default/eminencia.gifhttp://dpcmx.net/portal/Smileys/default/eminencia.gif

I compiled it to use 3bar and T2 code, i'm still get the codes 12, 66, 37, 31 and 55, are any way to hide codes 66, 37 and 31?

I want to see if I can find a wiring diagram for your car. I think that some of the codes you are getting are related to the solenoid differences between the US 2.5 T1 engine and your T2. I know the 31 is because the Mexican cars don't have purge solenoids, but the other two will take a bit of time for me to track down.

87glhs232
05-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Any update on this? I have converted my '91 Tona to 2.2 t2 and just need a cal. Currently running on the 2.5 t1 auto cal and it runs poopy and gutless. Any newer versions or tweaks? Anyone do a comparison between this cal and what Rob (Shelgame) has posted?

ShelGame
05-22-2008, 02:53 PM
FWIW, code is 66 is related to the CCD bus signal.

quantum
05-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Any update on this? I have converted my '91 Tona to 2.2 t2 and just need a cal. Currently running on the 2.5 t1 auto cal and it runs poopy and gutless. Any newer versions or tweaks? Anyone do a comparison between this cal and what Rob (Shelgame) has posted?

I'm running it with no issues and Starman was running it for a bit as well. I haven't done any updates for a whiel because it runs perfect for me and Starman was the only one to giving me feed back on how it ran on another car (it's hard to say if the couple of codes he had at the end were because of his car being a mexican T2 or because there was a flaw).

, code is 66 is related to the CCD bus signal.

Hmmm....I wonder what the difference is that he was getting code. He is using the modded version of your 2.5 MP cal I did currently with out issue I believe. Maybe the speed sensor in the mexican cars is different some how or there is some difference in the transmission controler on his board or something.

Just a thought the code 37 maybe to be related to a "shift up light", maybe both code are thrown because his Mexican TII car has that light which wasn't on the US TIV or TI.....Starman do you have a shift up light on your car?

starman
05-23-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm running currently the MPPhos 1.0 version without issues but code 31. The speed sensor in my car have 5227897 part number, i have a MTX a-568 (the original was a-523) and there is no shift up light on any mexican shadow.

A friend bought the past week an U.S. 91 Shadow Turbo I in very good conditions and I had the opportunity to see it before he took it to the México city. Everything is almost equal to the Mexican 91 Shadow GTS, except by the lack of intercooler, IAT sensor and the difference of the vacuum system, this last one is simpler in the Mexican model.

http://dpcmx.net/img/vacios-sohc91_lowres.jpg

quantum
06-02-2008, 03:21 PM
I think the cal is looking for an automatic transmission which is throwing the codes 66 and 37; also I think it is only in the 3-bar config side that has the issue. If your willing to give it a try Starman (though I know the MPPhos is a better match for you and currently working) I think I found two values that maybe causing the trans codes. Let me know and I'll pm you what values to change and what to change them to (requires changing some bit choices in D-Cal). Thanks.

starman
06-06-2008, 12:00 PM
I think the cal is looking for an automatic transmission which is throwing the codes 66 and 37; also I think it is only in the 3-bar config side that has the issue. If your willing to give it a try Starman (though I know the MPPhos is a better match for you and currently working) I think I found two values that maybe causing the trans codes. Let me know and I'll pm you what values to change and what to change them to (requires changing some bit choices in D-Cal). Thanks.

I will be happy to help you testing it :thumb:

quantum
06-11-2008, 04:18 PM
I will be happy to help you testing it :thumb:

Thanks! Make a backup of your current Phosphate.asm in another directory and replace it with the one zipped below. Compile the code for T2, 3-bar (I know you need to adjust for 2.5 as well). Let me know if you still get the codes. Thanks again.