PDA

View Full Version : TBI questions

turzbo
02-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Have a 2.5 throttle body on a 2.2 moter is an 88 ,tb is a 94 does any body know if i should have changed mass air flow, throttle positioning , and injector or what cause its a pig on gas like got 31 mpg within first week of swap then went down hill to 14mpg tried swaping injectors and sencers beetween the years of the computer on the car the year of the moter and the year of the tb now i just have a pile of tb's ind injectors and sensor also have a majour hasatation problem AND ITS NOT THE TIMING ISSUE HELP IM AT MY WITS END

Turbodave
02-20-2008, 05:10 PM
There is no mass airflow sensor on these cars, they run off a speed/density system instead. The MAP sensor is the critical component in this system, make sure it's got a good vacuum source.

I know the fuel pressure was increased on the later TBI engines, so you may need to use the regulator from the 88 throttle body.

Have you checked for any codes stored in the computer?

turzbo
02-20-2008, 06:56 PM
put brand new vac lines and new 35$ map in using a regulator and all other goodies from a 91 2.2 tb in a 94 2.5 tb (the same year as the computer) anyother tips for mpg inprovment other than that have been using car as a daily driver and not baging it also having tranny problems i have posted in the trany section of the forum that arnt helping things:confused2: