PDA

View Full Version : shadow center console repair

jl93sundance
02-19-2008, 09:45 PM
I have a broken center console from a 94' shadow, the plastic latch is broken on the armrest part. What is the best way to fix this and also is there anywhere where i can buy the latching piece, here's a pic of the latch.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc49/jl93sundance/IMG_0252.jpg

DC Turismo
02-20-2008, 12:45 AM
Clayton???? :D

Jim showed this to me tonight, and I told him that he may have to dremel the actual black lever piece out from the plastic siding of the console, then find a non-cracked one at a j-yard to replace this one with. To attach it, either use epoxy OR, if those two plastic nubs that are melted over are long enough, attach two of those thin door panel backing nuts to hold it in place?

inmyshadow
02-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense for him to just replace the arm rest. If he has to goto the junkyard for the just the latch, it would be easier to pull the whole arm rest.

Its two 10mm bolts, shift knob and two snap-in clips holding the arm rest down.

later

DC Turismo
02-20-2008, 07:06 PM
This center console is the one that rises upwards to go over top of the lap belt that accompanies the power shoulder belts. A regular console will not fit, and therefore he needs a new latch to attach to this one since he has the power shoulder belt.