PDA

View Full Version : how to start?newbe

jrye68
02-19-2008, 07:52 PM
i got a 88 shelby z tII that i just got running and im wanting to build a fast reliable daily driver that will make about 250-300 hp.first i what to be able to datalog how should i go about doing this?i know i what a wideband but i what to see knock,egt,temps,and airflow.im pretty new at this and just what to learn and doing alot of reading on hear kind of confuses me on how i should go about this thanks for any help

BadAssPerformance
02-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Welcome to TM!

There are some simple recipies to get to the 250-300 hp range w/o too much issue. If you get a WB O2 that would be enough to ensure safety.

...but, with that said, you have the right idea on teh Data Logging. If you start out with the Data Logging setup when the car is still stock and modify from there, you will definitely have a better chance at having a properly assembled combination! :thumb:

cordes
02-19-2008, 11:58 PM
There are a couple of decent next to free dataloging setups out there. If you go to www.moparchem.com you can read more about them. That site will also let you in on the tuning side of these cars a little more. Just take it slow and don't be intimidated by it all. If you read, read, read it will make sense in no time.

jrye68
02-20-2008, 12:20 AM
thanks for the info.what type of datalog have u used or like the best?this car is mostly stock besides a homemade grainger valve,and a blitz bov and hard pipe that i made.im running 10 lbs of boost right now and im happy with that right now.my 91 gsx ran at 24 lbs of boost with bigger injectors and a super afc2,what would all be need to make these cars run that much boost?is the 3 bar and comp cal the safe way to go?well once again thanks...

Tony Fields
02-20-2008, 02:36 PM
thanks for the info.what type of datalog have u used or like the best?this car is mostly stock besides a homemade grainger valve,and a blitz bov and hard pipe that i made.im running 10 lbs of boost right now and im happy with that right now.my 91 gsx ran at 24 lbs of boost with bigger injectors and a super afc2,what would all be need to make these cars run that much boost?is the 3 bar and comp cal the safe way to go?well once again thanks...

I believe a stock '88 Shelby Z TII should have 12 to 12.5 p.s.i. boost running off of the computer.

jrye68
02-20-2008, 03:40 PM
when i had it hooked up stock it made around 7 psi???could it be the wastegate can on the turbo?i forgot to say that it has a mitsu turbo on it cause the garrett needs rebuilt.

Aries_Turbo
02-20-2008, 08:25 PM
i will have to say that the best way "to start" is to be patient. :) fix all the issues if any, get an OTC scanner and at least an EGT gauge and AF gauge (prefferably a wideband.... www.wbo2.com has meters that datalog parameters as does innovate... i have a wbo2.com 2A0 DIY unit. i love it)

if you are electrically inclined, learn to do your own calibrations so you can run 3-bar map sensors and larger injectors to run higher boost. check out the knowledge center. i have an article about doing calibrations under the electrical section.

Brian