over 400 pictures of the building process. I have won a couple of car
shows with it. It needs to be cut and buffed since it sat out for 2 years
while I was living in an apartment and going through a divorce. It hurts
me to even put it up for sale, since my little girl "helped" me work on
it, and now I no longer get to see her, except on holidays. My loss is
certainly your gain. I have way too many goodies on this car to even start
mentioning them here. Just ask Gary D., Steve M., and some of the others
who provided very high end parts for this car. Again, serious inquiries
only. I am going to do everything I can to keep #173 (I am original owner)
and my home. Thanks.

I can be reached at tjb1@chrysler.com for a quicker response. I am not on this site as often as I would like to be.

I have a spreadsheet that can be sent listing all parts used to make this car. Not included in the sheet are several other items, namely the custom IC pipe work ($600), brand new Goodyear Eagle HR tires with maybe 300 miles on them ($600), a custom programmed RAQ sales code ($250) 6-disc in dash changer that I made a custom center stack bezel for, and a brand new Griffin custom designed radiator ($500). If you want pics, just tell me of what and at what stage of construction you want. I don't think I will come off the $15K price any time soon. This is a one of none '87 Shelby CSX ragtop. It is a 2.5L 20 psi reverse manual auto. The only known problem is that it throws a TPS error when the connector vibrates loose on the TPS sensor (harness side latch is broken). I will fix that if I ever go to a Michigan boneyard. You would actually be getting this vehicle for 1/2 price at $15K. If someone has a place where I can upload a bunch of pics, LMK and I will try and do it. But, I only have dialup at home, so it would be slow going.

Pics are on a similar thread on "that other TD site."

jl93sundance
02-20-2008, 09:53 PM
To host pics go to: www.photobucket.com

turbokid
02-22-2008, 12:51 AM
www.tinypic.com is a lot easier. You just go and click upload and they come out quickly and you can resize them in the process. No need for a user name.

speeddemon
02-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Posting pics for Tom.

CSX173
04-15-2008, 05:45 PM
ttt. Bumpity Bump. :bump2: She will be 4 sale on e-Bay starting Saturday at 10AM PST. Don't know if the link below works yet or not. First $12,500 takes it. That's 1/2 price of just the parts. 3 years of Labor is free. (Well, I did learn a LOT about Shadows). I'm keeping the hard top though. Once this car is gone, I will start selling off some parts. You guys won't believe what I have accumulated over the years. Tons of Shelby specific stuff. But, the buyer of the car gets first dibs on stuff, if they want it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT&item=200216558356&_trksid=p3984.cSCHEDULE.m314.lVI

Pics also posted at my new business
http://www.ecoreeftechnologies.com/PhotoAlbums/csx

That's one of the reasons for the sale. need cash for my business. I never could make any money on these Shelbys..... :D

cordes
04-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Bump for a car that won't disappoint. I have seen the car in person, and it is incredible. The seller is a super guy too.

spaceman
04-15-2008, 09:08 PM
very nice car man ,good luck selling it i know you dont want to judging from the pic ,look like you got a lot of time in it

CSXVNT461
04-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Cool a reefin TD'r! :thumb: You have PM.

CSX173
04-21-2008, 07:57 AM
For those who think I am trying to sell something that they believe to be fradulent- I put a disclaimer on e-bay that will hopefully satisfy everyone. Sorry, but I should not take for granted that everyone else knows Shelby did not make a CSX convertible. The car is a clone, of course. Numbers on it do not match. When I first got it, the car had a different engine in it with a mitsu turbo. It was also rusted away. Hence, the need to do something drastic. Sorry if there was or is any confusion. Maybe the people who are trying to start trouble will now be satisfied.

BadAssPerformance
04-21-2008, 08:04 AM
Wow, I dont know why anyone would think it is real, you never said it was! :confused2:

Good luck with the sale :thumb:

CSX173
06-30-2008, 12:42 PM
OK, I'm sure some of you saw it at SDAC parked with some other P-Bodies.... It's still for sale. $12,500 is the lowest I will go. Don't bother trying to go lower. The TPS problem is now fixed and this car screams. I'm finally impressed with it, but I need money for a custody battle. LMK if interested.

BadAssPerformance
06-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Definitely saw it at SDAC, sweet ride! :thumb:

85shelbycharger
06-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Definitely saw it at SDAC, sweet ride! :thumb:

^^Agreed :clap:

CSX173
09-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Finally found the last bug. I'm changing the starter this weekend and will be re-offering it up for sale. The thread in parts wanted by me explains it. More court stuff to try and get my daughter in Alabama. Coming to a venue 700 miles away from me in early October. I now have RP Stage 3 and Blueberry codes for the LM to choose from. Thanks, Cordes. $12,500 still takes this nice ride. Absolutely nothing to do but drive it and have fun. Turns lots of heads. Some folks (older ones) laugh until they see the tail lights. 20 something to 30 somethings love it. I get crowds around it at times. It just depends on which generation is at the event.

minigts
09-11-2008, 04:53 PM
I was going to ask about SDAC, but I see the post. I would absolutely LOVE this, car but no budget for it. I'm sure it's worth the asking to, just can't get something like that right now. :( Good luck and free bump for ya!