PDA

View Full Version : Can your Turbo Mopar run 13.000

BIG PSI
02-25-2006, 01:45 AM
OK guys, here is YOUR chance to get some well needed ATTENTION for your TD and for yourself.

WHAT:

Comp Cams Presents
DRAG WEEK ‘06: THE RULES
5 Days. 5 Races. A 1,500-Mile Road Trip. One Be-All, End-All Good Time.
See You In September.

WHERE

DRAG WEEK II ROAD TOUR
September 10 MSD Kickoff Party, Cordova Drag Park, Cordova, IL

September 11 Cordova Drag Park, Cordova, IL
September 12 Indianapolis Raceway Park, Clermont, IN
September 13 National Trail Raceway, Columbus, OH
September 14 U.S. 131 Motorsports Park, Martin, MI
September 15 Cordova Drag Park, Cordova, IL

RULES

EATON PERFORMANCE DAILY DRIVER CATEGORIES
- Bracket-racing electronics of any kind are not allowed.
- There are three classes of Daily Driver competition based on indexes: 11.0, 12.0, and 13.0. The winner in each class is the entry with a weekly average e.t. that is closest to the index without being quicker (example: in the 12.0 class, 12.001 beats 11.999). Racers may hand in timeslips up to 0.20 seconds quicker than the index (example: in 12.00, an 11.800 slip is accepted, a 11.790 is not). At tracks with e.t. slips to four decimals, all four will be included; if only three decimals are on the e.t. slip, then the fourth decimal will be zero. The e.t. averages will be taken out as many decimal places as required to determine winners (example: in the 13.0 class, 13.35512 beats 13.35513). Ties will be broken by average mph.
- Daily Driver Class entries are not eligible to win Drag Week overall.
- On the final day, there will be a Daily Driver bracket-race showdown. An eight-car ladder will be made of the top three 11.0 cars, the top three 12.0 cars, and the top two 13.0 cars. The dial-in for every round will be each car’s five-day average. Normal breakout and first-or-worst rules apply. The first round will pair the top two 13.0 cars, the First and Third Place 12.0 cars, the First and Third Place 11.0 cars, and the Second Place 11.0 and 12.0 cars. The bracket race winner will be the overall Daily Driver Champ.

FOR ALL THE INFORMATION GO TO: http://www.familyevents.com/eventinfo.asp?id=87

This sounds like lots of fun to me---what do you guys think ??????

Thanks
Chuck Green

Mario
02-25-2006, 02:03 AM
Sounds like it's a long ways away! lol.

BIG PSI
02-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Come on GUYS---does this Event not strike any interest ?????
Look at the publicity that YOU could get !!!!!!

I would think that the 13.000 Class would be the cheapest to run.
You are allowed to turn in a best ET of 12.80, but your vehicle has to be dependable, you have to be a decent mechanic, and have something that is photogenic. I would love do this with my Mini Van (S-T-R-E-T-C-H), but I don't think that it will be able to run that fast.

In my honest opinion a 5-speed vehicle would be best suited (gas mileage) for the Event. Granted an auto vehicle should be a little more consistant. Don't forget the Event being held in Sept. so the weather should be cooler.

So come on guys LOOK at it, think about it, post up..............

Chuck Green

If I put on a BIGGER TURBO, plus 40% FI, better computer, it should run those numbers but I really don't want to push it that hard my first year out with it.

altered7151
02-28-2006, 06:54 PM
I would love to do it if it wasn't so far away. Does anyone even put on drag events out west anymore?!

contraption22
02-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Lots of us run quicker than 13.000. Not many of us can run faster than 13.00 AND make 1500 miles without a breakdown! lol.

BIG PSI
02-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Lots of us run quicker than 13.000. Not many of us can run faster than 13.00 AND make 1500 miles without a breakdown! lol.

You are allowed to make any repairs, BUT you have to do them yourself or with the help of a fellow racer, as NO outside help is allowed...That would be my problem as I am not a mechanic. But the Event really sparks interest in me.
I might even be willing to FUND someone if they show some interest in doing this.

Let me Know

Chuck

supercrackerbox
02-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Sounds like One-Lap with drag racing instead of road racing. I'd definately be interested, except my car is smashed and I have no drag racing experience. I'd like to think the car could do it though . . . ;)

GLHSKEN
02-28-2006, 07:50 PM
HMMM... MAybe I should crew for Reeves... That car will drive 15000 miles and run 11.00 all day long

turbovanman²
02-28-2006, 08:57 PM
I would love to do it, my van would definatly make the trip but as usual, its tooooooooo far away. :(

BIG PSI
02-28-2006, 09:22 PM
HMMM... MAybe I should crew for Reeves... That car will drive 15000 miles and run 11.00 all day long

I really think REEVES needs to look at the rules. Could you imagine the publicity he would get if he WON first place in the 11.00 Class and he also had the QUICKEST 4 cylinder of the Event.

But in all honestly, it is NOT just the publicity for him as it is for ALL of our Turbo Mopars. We really need this to bring attention to them. That way other people will start to give our vehicles some respect and maybe, just maybe it will make our car's worth more.

Chuck

GLHSKEN
03-01-2006, 07:52 AM
I'll bring it up to him

j4278h
03-01-2006, 09:38 AM
I'll take the Glhs or the iroc r/t to the events. US131 is my home track.
As long as i'm still living in the area come september i will join.

BIG PSI
03-01-2006, 11:37 AM
I'll take the Glhs or the iroc r/t to the events. US131 is my home track.
As long as i'm still living in the area come september i will join.

Jason,

How quick is your car?? Which car would you enter ?? Most importantly are you mechanically inclined ?? Did you read ALL the rules ??

Regards
Chuck

GLHSKEN
03-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Chuck...

Quick summary would be helpful regarding some issues.

Are slicks allowed on DD's??
Does all equipment have to be hauled IN the car, or can we use a support pick-up??
Can your side-kick help you work on the car??

BIG PSI
03-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Chuck...

Quick summary would be helpful regarding some issues.

Are slicks allowed on DD's??
Does all equipment have to be hauled IN the car, or can we use a support pick-up??
Can your side-kick help you work on the car??

Good questions, BUT they can be answered by going to my very first post on this subject and then clicking on the link. I did not see anywhere in the rules stateing that slicks are not allowed. All of your equipment MUST be in the vehicle that you race or in a trailer that you are pulling with the vehicle that you are racing. NO ONE can help you if you break other than another person entered into the Event. NO you are not allowed any type of support vehcile and if they catch you, you will be DQ.

FOR ALL THE INFORMATION GO TO: http://www.familyevents.com/eventinfo.asp?id=87

Chuck

GLHSKEN
03-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks.

Answered all the questions

Clay
03-07-2006, 11:55 AM

Heck, I would even throw some gas/parts money his way!!!!!!!!!!!

contraption22
03-09-2006, 10:56 AM
So who's gonna try? I know a father-son team competed in an SRT-4 last year and did well in one of the daily driver classes.