PDA

View Full Version : pic of my lowered S/C '98 Regal GS

TurboSedan
02-16-2008, 02:38 PM
first time i've washed it since last May! it's pretty much stock beside the 4" JMB FWI. everything else is bone stock besides a 180* t-stat and one heat range colder plugs. i lowered it last summer with KYB AGX adjustable struts new KYB strut mounts, and SSC lowering springs. it looks like it's sagging a little in the rear but that's only because i have my trunk and backseat loaded with stuff. car is still running great with 121,xxx miles. it's an Arizona car with NO rust ;)

http://www.turbosedan.com/regalgs/DSC03714.JPG

http://www.turbosedan.com/regalgs/DSC03709.JPG

i'd like to dyno both my GS and R/T this spring. #s should be close....maybe 200whp? kinda hoping to sell it though so i can get out of my car loan and help me become debt free. if that happens, the replacement will of course be.....another TM :)

-------------------------
Joshua Mitchell
'91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
'98 Buick Regal GS

GLHS592
02-16-2008, 10:44 PM
How much do those cars weigh? I tried to talk my wife into a supercharged Buick. "Those are old people's cars" was her reply. I always liked them. Nice looking car!

mark
02-17-2008, 12:17 PM
when did kyb come out with the agx's for the w body's?

i contacted them once and they said they never were going to product anything

Mopar_Nutz
02-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Very cool car. I've wanted a Regal GS for awhile for a daily, but MY girl says the same thing about "old people cars".
I DID get her interested in a newer Bonneville SSEI (She's a 3rd gen Trans Am owner/lover so you can see why). Unfortunately we ended up with the Avenger isntead. Can't wait to sell it haha

TurboSedan
02-18-2008, 11:43 PM
when did kyb come out with the agx's for the w body's?

i contacted them once and they said they never were going to product anything

yeah i got the KYB AGX struts for $408 shipped for all four. i ordered them for a '98 Grand Prix GTP. alot less than what ZZP or WBS wanted! GMPP had a Koni strut/lowering spring combo for awhile there but they discontinued it (and it was $$$) and just in time KYB came out with the AGX for the W-body. the ride is great with the SSC springs. lately i've had them set at '1' (soft)...maybe i'm a wuss. changing the front is easy but to change the rears i have to crawl in the trunk (to reach the top of the strut/adjustment knob). no biggie.

--------------------------
Joshua Mitchell
'91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
'98 Buick Regal GS

mark
02-19-2008, 09:53 PM
yeah, I had the GMPP kit on my 98 gtp...
i loved it on full firm, 100+mph blasts the car was uber stable and predictable.
i had every GMPP susp bolt on for the w body, it was awsome.
but i traded it for a dodge ram so i could get my quad around.

TurboSedan
02-28-2008, 05:34 AM
Very cool car. I've wanted a Regal GS for awhile for a daily, but MY girl says the same thing about "old people cars".
I DID get her interested in a newer Bonneville SSEI (She's a 3rd gen Trans Am owner/lover so you can see why). Unfortunately we ended up with the Avenger isntead. Can't wait to sell it haha

i love the Bonneville SSEi! BUT, only the '92-'95 style. they are hands down one of the best looking GM sedans ever made IMO. they only came with the lowly Series-I L67 (with that tiny Eaton M62, blah) but swapping to a Series-II L67 wouldn't be too difficult. you could either tune the OBD-1 chip to run the Series-II or go full on OBD-II swap and tune with HPTuners or possibly DHP but last i heard DHP was dropping L67 support?

if i had my Regal GS paid off i'd love to get an older SSEi. or an '87 CSX. or an '88/'89 Lancer Shelby ;)

next up on the GS is to get new front tires, tie rods, 4 wheel alignment, tint the windows and then someday get the supporting mods done to run a 3.2" pulley KR free. who knows though, i wish i could sell it to get out of my car loan actually. i'd love to get something to replace it that wouldn't require a car loan! ah well, i love the car and it's got enough low end torque to always put a smile on my face :)

-----------------------------------
Joshua Mitchell
'91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
'98 Buick Regal GS

TurboSedan
02-29-2008, 09:42 PM
i hate this damn car right now. i think the ICM died and i'm stranded 250 miles from home and have to miss work. my boss is pissed. new GM ACDelco ICM is $210 from rockauto.com! ugh! it might be the CPS if i'm lucky - that's less than $40...

i need to sell this thing and get me a SOHC TD.

-------------------------------------
Joshua Mitchell
'91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
'98 Buick Regal GS