PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION Lower Mainlanders-need people to book a dyno day-NOT DOING IT!

turbovanmanČ
02-24-2006, 08:47 PM
I just talked to Marko at Forcefed and we can rent the dyno all day for $100 an hour. So if we get 5 or 6 guys, thats $100-$125 each for 8 hours if we want. This includes 2 of his staff and the wideband for tuning. We just need to give him a few days notice but we should pick a Saturday in late March or early April? So obviousy, first come, first on the list. :thumb:

Respond in this thread.

WOP'R
03-02-2006, 05:05 AM
post this on over at td.com

seems like most of the locals are still over there

turbovanmanČ
03-02-2006, 01:06 PM
post this on over at td.com

seems like most of the locals are still over there

Check my sig, also trying to focus my attention on this site, :amen:

Will Martin
03-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Count me in! The earlier we can pick a day, the more of a chance I have of coming. Also, I should have my cal by then (fingers crossed). I've also done some minor modifications that I want to see if I can squeeze out a bit more power. :faint: And I was actually gonna go do a before and after tune with my car as well. :thumb:

oldgregg
03-03-2006, 01:28 AM
You guys pay allot!

We rent the dyno all day, do some tuning & still pay only like $50 each.

Will Martin
03-03-2006, 08:53 AM
As I have learned since living in B.C. for a total of almost 3 years, it's VERY expensive to have a car hobby here. That's why I still get most of my stuff from the states. :amen:

turbovanmanČ
03-03-2006, 01:09 PM
You guys pay allot!

We rent the dyno all day, do some tuning & still pay only like $50 each.

I know, sucks but what are you going to do.

I guess you add up staff costs, the cost of the dyno, rent etc and its adds up fast. Oh well, sigh. :o

WOP'R
03-13-2006, 10:09 PM
how many ppl have signed on to "the list"?

turbovanmanČ
03-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Me, Will and you if your in. BTW, should have your car done by the weekend, :thumb:

Whorse
03-13-2006, 11:11 PM
I'd go but I don't have much reason to with the limited performance of my car.

turbovanmanČ
03-13-2006, 11:26 PM
You could go to get a baseline, :thumb:

Will Martin
03-13-2006, 11:39 PM
You could go to get a baseline, :thumb:

:amen: That way, you can say "my car went from xxxhp to xxxhp with xxx mods," or whatever. Plus if you've put on any boost controllers or an adj fpr, you can tune your car via wideband. Squeeze a bit more out of her.

WOP'R
03-14-2006, 02:35 AM
Me, Will and you if your in. BTW, should have your car done by the weekend, :thumb:

WOW!! hey thanks for the speedy service, if in any way my car is being a hassle or if you got other things that need to be completed do those, my daytona is my toy and so it can wait, i dont want you to feel rushed with it:p

BUT i am trying to get my brother with his shadow to go...i would like to see how a ported exhaust and 14 psi would put out

Whorse
03-14-2006, 09:02 PM
If you're really really short I might be able to make it, but 125 bucks to know that my nearly stock VNT makes 160hp isn't a huge benefit to me, and I don't have any boost control, fuel control, etc... I could maybe bump my timing :P

4cefedomni
03-17-2006, 01:26 AM
Hey Simon I'm interested what day are you planning this for?

turbovanmanČ
03-17-2006, 04:01 AM
Anytime soon, this weekend installing my larger IC, next weekend is open, racing motorbikes after that and I need a commitment from 5 people, :nod:

4cefedomni
03-17-2006, 01:53 PM
this weekend and next are both no good for me working this weekend and camping next.

turbovanmanČ
03-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Ok, I'll talk to Will, Wop'r's brother might be interested and see who else I can get. I would like to book April 8th as that gives us lots of time to get everything finished up.

Will Martin
03-17-2006, 11:54 PM
Ok, I'll talk to Will, Wop'r's brother might be interested and see who else I can get. I would like to book April 8th as that gives us lots of time to get everything finished up.

ARGH!! :censored: I'm working 11-7pm that day! Maybe I can get it off. If everyone is comfortable with that day, then maybe I can do it.

turbovanmanČ
03-28-2006, 01:24 AM
Unless I get some serious YES's, I am dropping it. Or later on but April I am pretty busy, racing middle of the month. I will just go on my own and have an hour or 2 to myself.
O

Will Martin
03-28-2006, 02:11 AM
Unless I get some serious YES's, I am dropping it. Or later on but April I am pretty busy, racing middle of the month. I will just go on my own and have an hour or 2 to myself.
O

Hey man I told you straight up what's going on with me. If I'm working 11-7pm or 1pm-9pm then it's kinda hard for me to be there. If I'm working the 5am-1pm shift or I'm off then I can be there. Either way I'm getting my car dynoed so I'm down for whatever. I want to do a stock cal base line tune then a TU cal tune.

Whorse
03-28-2006, 02:52 AM
What are your numbers right now?

WOP'R
03-28-2006, 02:59 AM
Sorry for not stayin gin touch with this

but count me out for sure, even if the daytona is finished by then i wont be able to drive a 5 speed due to my injury and my brother has ALOT on his plate and the shadow is on the bottom if the list. He may still be able to do it but dont hold your breath

Sorry guys

Will Martin
03-28-2006, 09:50 AM
What are your numbers right now?

My numbers? I have no idea! lol I can tell you it's faster than before, and definitely faster than my '01 Maxima. I'm just looking to go 13's in the quarter, then I'll be happy....:thumb:

turbovanmanČ
03-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Dude, your gonna be running 12's easily with that beast.

Anyhow, I am dropping it, Will, you have a PM.

Can't believe out of the whole Lower Mainland, 2 people are interested, :(

Will Martin
03-28-2006, 04:09 PM
O

I'll go with you, let's just sort out a day that I'm free. I'm hooking up my nitrous right now just so you don't show me up too badly. :eyebrows:

turbovanmanČ
03-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Sounds good Will. You keep thinking I am going to beat you, I think not. You seem to remember your aces-Steve M head, TBI header, :thumb:

Will Martin
03-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Sounds good Will. You keep thinking I am going to beat you, I think not. You seem to remember your aces-Steve M head, TBI header, :thumb:

Naw, just friendly competition. :cheer2: I have the alky injection ready to go but need to wire the kill switch to turn it on/off.

Yeah, I got a good flowing head but a 2 bar stock cal and a stage I turbo, so my numbers will be low. :( Your van is putting out a lot more power, it's just that it's a bit heavier than my car so it 'feels' slower than it is. I'm sure you're well in the 300+hp range. :nod:

4cefedomni
03-28-2006, 07:24 PM
hey i'm still interested in dynoing my car sorry for the silence but i've been in princeton freezing my but off for the last four days

Will Martin
03-28-2006, 10:57 PM
hey i'm still interested in dynoing my car sorry for the silence but i've been in princeton freezing my but off for the last four days

Well I hope you've had time to thaw out.
:lol:

So that makes three. So Simon, let's go ahead an get a day scheduled. Three people should be good enough for a couple of hours. :evil:

4cefed, curious, what kinda car you have and what are your mods?

Whorse
03-29-2006, 12:02 AM
I can go if it's a weekend and only 100 bucks, but I need a couple weeks notice minimum with hockey being on the weekends.

turbovanmanČ
03-29-2006, 02:50 AM
Ok, so thats 4 people. Will's working the 8th, I am racing this weekend and my my front pump seal just let go, I am bike racing April 15,16th so I guess any days prior or after. Post up your availability.

Whorse
03-29-2006, 03:18 AM
I'm hoping to be in Vernon on the weekend of the 21st of April, so I'm out for that weekend.

4cefedomni
03-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Pretty much any weekend is good for me. As for what my car is and the mods, its a 1985 omni with a 2.5 t1 with a boost controller and a volvo intercooler (with a couple extra injectors to feed the fire). The car is a work in progress its ugly with bad paint gutted interior and a rats nest of wires. It is not a dayly driver this will be a race car that will be driven to the track. All i want is a baseline run at low boost then i want to turn up the boost to about 20 psi for another run. After that the car goes home and the engine gets replaced with a 2.5 dohc unit that i'm still in the process of collecting parts to build. once that motor is in i want to dyno it again at 20 psi to see the gains with the new head. then the real fun begins as i tune that engine.

turbovanmanČ
03-29-2006, 05:43 PM
Ok, Will and I will figure out a weekend and I will post it, then if we all agree, I will book a Saturday for it.

4cefedomni
03-29-2006, 05:48 PM
i have a couple more questions the first being do any of you know a local tranny shop that is familiar with an a413 i need to get a rebuild done with the addition of a reverse pattern mvb and some extra clutches and any other improvements that can be made. the second question is are any of you members of the local sdac and if so are what type of things do the members do like track days etc.

turbovanmanČ
03-29-2006, 05:50 PM
I can do the tranny, but would need to dig in on how to do the extra clutch's. I was going to add them to mine but ran out of time.

We have no local SDAC, so no track days etc. Our only track days are test and tunes, Friday night Street Legals.

4cefedomni
03-29-2006, 06:13 PM
hey Simon i remembered asking the tranny question before but couldn't remember where so i reposted it and just a second ago i found it with your reply. Before i had it with a question on local places for gapless rings. cool i didn't know you did trannys most mechanics i've delt with don't know anything about auto trannys and usualy send them out. As for the local sdac if you go to thier website there is a link for a B.C. chapter and a phone number for information. Mike baynes 604-535-8820 he has a websight the link is on the sdac website but there is not alot of info there.

Whorse
03-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Benz Automatic Transmissions here in Maple Ridge does excellent work on rebuilding transmissions, but you'd have to call them about the upgrade work. I've seen some nice cars around there, so they might do it.

The tranny in my van was rebuilt by them, but no upgrades. If you call them let me know what you find out.

4cefedomni
04-09-2006, 12:01 AM
has a date been set for the dynoday yet?

turbovanmanČ
04-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Nope, just waiting for Will M to give me his days off, then we can set it up, god knows, I need it, :eyebrows: