PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Fs: 1993 Iroc R/t $2100

turbo2point2
02-06-2008, 07:45 PM
I didn't want to sell this car but, I need some funds for other projects. Ok, I bought this car back in Apri '07 from a fellow TD'er local to me. After checking everything over, the turbo was wasted, and the head was cracked and leaking. Since the car had a lot of miles on it(173k), and internal engine condition was unknown, I decided to tear the motor down and freshen it up. Other than what I have here, the car is all stock. The car is PA inspected and drives nice. Windshield is brand new. Car has sunroof, A/C works nice too!

The car is red and paint is ok, there are a few dings and minor rust spots. Undercarriage has some cancer/rust spots nothing too terrible but there. Both doors, the door cladding is chipped at the front. The interior is in great shape, grey cloth 7/10, no seat tears, 12 way drivers seat-everything works. Tires have decent tread, but showing age. Since getting it running, I have put about 1500 miles on it. Car has no stereo in it. I put a used T3 turbo on it, the guy I bought the car from included it in the sale. The shaft was nice and tight no play, and spun nicely. Here is a list of parts I replaced:

- Cylinder head crack was repaired/welded, remaining plugs were welded shut, head was surfaced, 3 angle performance valve job, new valve seals and cam seals installed, pressure checked to over 70psi. Cams were in very nice shape for the miles. I replaced any suspect rockers(3) with suitable repacements.
- Crank and main bearings-std. size, crank was polished
- Oil pump bearings
- New rings
- Rods resized
- New oil pump
- New timing belt
- New turbo oil supply line -3an
- New Magnacore wires

I will have some pics to upload tomorrow. Feel free to ask any questions. The car is located in Philadelphia, PA 19154.

GLHSKEN
02-06-2008, 08:35 PM
PM sent

turbo2point2
02-06-2008, 09:13 PM
SOLD!! Thanks All!

mcsvt
02-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Ken if you need help getting it I could always keep it at my house in NJ, forever :)

GLHSKEN
02-06-2008, 09:26 PM
LOL... Gary appreciate the the offer.. Arrangements have been made....

GLHSKEN
02-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks Brian, A pleasure...

Pat
02-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Great deal Ken. I saw this car at Cecil last fall. It's pretty nice.

turbo2point2
02-07-2008, 07:39 AM
"Thanks Brian, A pleasure..."

Thank you Ken! We'll be seeing you soon!

GLHSKEN
02-07-2008, 08:57 PM
In light of recent JABS, I am not converted to TIII mania. I still like my 2500# 8V cars... but these IROCS are really nice to drive (although slower than aforementioned 2500# cars... lol)

Brian, looking forward to saturday!!!@ So is my son!!!

mcsvt
02-07-2008, 10:16 PM
We should do an informal meet for you Ken.

I have no problem with you picking up a great deal no matter what "head" it has... :)

turbo2point2
02-08-2008, 07:13 AM
"Brian, looking forward to saturday!!!@ So is my son!!!"

Me too! It's been a while since I have seen you guys, should be a great time to catch up. Now, if I can only slip away from the girl to drive some go-karts...