PDA

View Full Version : I'd be more inclined to order if...

HoverFish
02-06-2008, 11:50 AM
you were able to ship to Canada through FedEx or anyone other than UPS. Sure, UPS is fast and offers low prices to the shipper, but anyone in Canada who has received goods from the US through UPS can tell you that their "brokerage fees" are enough to break you. On a $100 order, for example, UPS has been known to charge me $60 for their fees. Canada Post (for items shipped through USPS) would charge $10-12 for the same order.

Because of this, and because UPS has also been known to leave orders on my doorstep if nobody was home, is why I absolutely hate UPS and try like hell to never have anything shipped to me by them.

87glhs232
02-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Have you actually talked to Chris about this? Every order I've ever placed has been delivered by USPS, except those he delivered himself. The web site has problems with it's shipping module. Call him at 602-762-6678, I'm sure he'll accommodate you!

HoverFish
02-06-2008, 12:22 PM
No, that's what I was hoping to do in this thread. According to his site UPS is the only option to Canada. If he's willing to go through someone else that's great, and other Canadians might be happy to know that too ;)

87glhs232
02-06-2008, 01:51 PM
I am quite positive Chris is willing to accommodate you. The shipping setup on the site has never functioned as he wanted. All it takes is a call ;)

shadow88
02-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Anything I've had shipped from TU was shipped by USPS and then Canada post. I paid a minimal brokerage fee and the items are shipped arrived in a timely manner. As stated, call him to discuss options.

HoverFish
02-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Awesome, once I finalize what I plan to order I'll give him a call.

CDNTurboZ
02-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Anything I've had shipped from TU was shipped by USPS and then Canada post. I paid a minimal brokerage fee and the items are shipped arrived in a timely manner. As stated, call him to discuss options.

+1, you just have to ask him!

stargazer7467
02-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Last time i checked you cant get package tracking to canada with the postal service, i found out the hard way and lost $230. Some guy claimed never received my package.

ssheen
02-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Last time i checked you cant get package tracking to canada with the postal service, i found out the hard way and lost $230. Some guy claimed never received my package.

Actually, you can. The format of the USPS/Canada Post tracking number is like so CP652414097US (US to Canada). You can track the package on the USPS site to the border, then you track it on Canada Post site from there. I do not recall the levels of service that provide a tracking number. Priority for sure though.

As far as UPS goes, if they are the only choice for shipping, I do not want it that bad! That said, you can fill out paper work and clear the items through customs yourself. If you are close. Then good luck having them remember that you clear your own packages.

boost geek
02-07-2008, 11:07 PM
I prefer USPS, I got hosed by UPS too many times. :mad:

A.J.
02-09-2008, 10:03 PM
I had shipped a compact disc to a friend of mine last December from Arizona to New Hampshire through the U.S. post office. Two weeks later I called him to see if he liked the CD. He said, "What CD?" So I sent another CD through UPS. Less than a week later he got it. Two days after that he got the post office sent CD. And people want these same people running health care?

A.J.

tryingbe
02-09-2008, 10:11 PM
You know national health care debt is a GOOD thing.